Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Don’t see the sit Pasta guys or Heinen is better with those advanced stats. Yep we don’t know hockey at all. It’s a best of seven with ups and downs. If every player plays his best game all the time we go 16-0. It’s such a tough grind. Let’s end it Monday

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I like having 1 or 2 guys around that can play like crap and still score a few easy goals. you wouldnt want a whole team like that, but on his worst ever day pastrnak will still be that for us.

of course, on his best days hes a mega superstar and arguably our top player now. I guess he has been battling some sort of injury and its too bad that hes human and might battle some injuries from time to time

I remember when thornton picked up 0 points in a playoff loss to montreal and kpd and the freakout crowd in boston decided to hang the entire failure on him... that didnt end too well for us as I think thornton took it rather personal and basically quit on the team less than a year later and most of us still think that trade is hurting us to this day

I have been hating all this critism ive seen of pastrnak the last couple weeks... this is why we cant have good things in boston boys and girls. its ok to pull for him to do better... or even point out that he isnt playing his best... but some of the questionable calls to his character or these cries to bench him and throw him on the garbage pile have been absolutely assanine

I hope he will get back to that amazing level we all got used to in the past couple years... but please, even if he continues to struggle through whatever injury is slowing him down try to have a bit more support for our heros.

tonight he showed why, even at half speed he can be a very important asset for us

Reactions: KlausJopling

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I never ever jump on a guy for not producing honestly it pretty well happens to everyone at some point or another . Crosby this yr Kane 2yes ago etc etc etc However Pasta was flat out playing bad this series ,it wasn't just a lack of production . I didn't think he was that bad against Toronto .

Tonight he showed some great hustle forechecks to go with the goals . He had a couple board issues but it actually ended up in Columbus missed chance followed by a goal for us .Great to have him looking good again . It was also awesome to see that line start to dominate again.

Reactions: The National

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
He's still hurt, but he started to shoot the puck more the last couple of games.
Maybe his injury gets better even though he keeps playing.

Reactions: 00BW

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Had one play where he looked like he had no feel again,but mostly it was back to the Pastrnak we love.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Love to see him having fun again. It was huge to get goals from him and 63 last night, if they can get rolling now they'll be very tough to stop

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I didn't see him bobbling the puck at all, which was his most consistent issue this playoffs. Whatever they gave him yesterday, keep doing it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gets a big ‘cut some slack’ from my after what he’s been dealing with

Tough to watch but he would I assume not been playing in regular season

I expect to see the Pastrnak we know from last 3 years as he gets healthy

BruinsNetwork

Gets a big ‘cut some slack’ from my after what he’s been dealing with

Tough to watch but he would I assume not been playing in regular season

I expect to see the Pastrnak we know from last 3 years as he gets healthy

Thought he has looked pretty good this series, especially last game. Started to resemble himself more, especially his skating and stride.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Wake up buddy, show the league why you're one of the best RW in today's game.

I haven't seen him do Pasta-like things in a long while. Since the Columbus series?

He can't still be injured can he.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Wake up buddy, show the league why you're one of the best RW in today's game.

I haven't seen him do Pasta-like things in a long while. Since the Columbus series?

He can't still be injured can he.

Damaged thumb. Can't stickhandle / shoot well.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Damaged thumb. Can't stickhandle / shoot well.
I think there's possibly another injury nagging him. I wondered myself if he is playing through an abdominal strain or something to that affect- sometimes he has a burst of speed, but after he turns, I have seen him wince a few times.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've been tough on #88 for most of these playoffs. In my opinion his play has been inconsistent, indifferent, and often lacking the intensity required for the NHL playoffs. In short, he's been soft as fresh dog poo....

Not last night. He was terrific in Game 3.

If he continues that level of play for the remainder of this series, I'll be thrilled.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've been completely satisfied with his game in the SCF. He was the best member of the line in the first 2 games (despite the egregious turnover in Game 1) and was great last night. Marchand, while better last night, is still the main issue.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Still believe Pasta is nursing a shoulder issue going back to the leafs series

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
His hands have looked better in the final. The play where he caught the Kru pass and then lifted the backhander, were not plays he was making a few weeks ago, when everything that touched his stick bounded off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille