Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Bumped.

Interesting Pasta tidbit I ran across this morning:
In the last 3 years, David Pastrnak has taken 274 shots from above the top of the face-off circles at 5-on-5. He has scored zero goals.

That’s the 6th most shots by any forward from this area, without scoring once. So, does it make sense for Pastrnak to be taking almost 30 percent of his shots from a goal scoring “dead zone”?

No, it does not.

Shot Optimization: How Optimal Shooting Habits Can Improve Individual Goal Scoring Rates - The Point Data-driven hockey storytelling that gets right to the point.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
one post since june 19... crazy

even crazier is how this guy has started to become a whipping boy for more and more and more bruin fans in the general discussion.

I hear Toronto fans talking about Matthews being the second best under 23 player in the nhl… and I hear edmonton fans want drasaitl in the conversation... these 2 fan bases talk about goal scoring as the reason why... so what are the numbers over the last 3 seasons?

leon drasialt played 265 games with 105 goals and not quite a ppg with 259... he is 23

our pastranak has dealt with injuries just 226 games but 108 goals and the best ppg with234... also 23

matthews is a year younger and his numbres are highest goals... but pastrnak beats him for points... 216-116-94-210

overall... my tip of the hat to Matthews as probably deserving first in this argument... but no one mentioning pastrnak is just dumb... and I cant begin to express my attitude at those who want him as their whipping boy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

even crazier is how this guy has started to become a whipping boy for more and more and more bruin fans in the general discussion.

Who has made Pasta a whipping boy? All I've seen expressed is his tendency to try to be too clever and go for the highlight reel move or pass which occasionally backfires badly and more often than blowing up simply kills a play. But then he turns around and does something awesome. Not sure who is hating on Pasta around here? :dunno:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

I hear Toronto fans talking about Matthews being the second best under 23 player in the nhl… and I hear edmonton fans want drasaitl in the conversation... these 2 fan bases talk about goal scoring as the reason why... so what are the numbers over the last 3 seasons?

leon drasialt played 265 games with 105 goals and not quite a ppg with 259... he is 23

our pastranak has dealt with injuries just 226 games but 108 goals and the best ppg with234... also 23

matthews is a year younger and his numbres are highest goals... but pastrnak beats him for points... 216-116-94-210

overall... my tip of the hat to Matthews as probably deserving first in this argument... but no one mentioning pastrnak is just dumb... and I cant begin to express my attitude at those who want him as their whipping boy
I’m pretty sure McDavid is still playing so Matthews would be the second best.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I would absolutely trade Pastrnak straight up
for Larkin. Pastrnak is a better offensive player
but Larkin has a far superior two way game and
his offensive ability is pretty damn good.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
When the hell did this guy start thinking he was Adam Oates?? Is his thumb still hurting??
He is one guy that should be shooting on our 2 on 1s. Passes way too much for such a good shooter.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bruins aren't ever trading Pastrnak. However, people on these boards need to understand value.

Larkin for Pastrnak isn't that far off. Larkin is a budding stud 2 way centre.

I remember a while back some suggested (myself included) a Pastrnak for Draisaitl trade and most here said hell no. Well, I take Draisaitl every day of the week over Pastrnak and I am a huge Pasta fan.

Bruins do not have a centre to replace Beregron/Krejci going forward. Larkin or Draisaitl would solve that problem real quick.

That being said Pastrnak will be a Bruin for a long long time.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
When the hell did this guy start thinking he was Adam Oates?? Is his thumb still hurting??
He is one guy that should be shooting on our 2 on 1s. Passes way too much for such a good shooter.
In my opinion, that line in general passes the puck too much. They look for the perfect shot, but all three players on that line are great goal scorers.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Great post. Exactly how I feel. We are so lucky to have Pasta !

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bruins aren't ever trading Pastrnak. However, people on these boards need to understand value.

Larkin for Pastrnak isn't that far off. Larkin is a budding stud 2 way centre.

I remember a while back some suggested (myself included) a Pastrnak for Draisaitl trade and most here said hell no. Well, I take Draisaitl every day of the week over Pastrnak and I am a huge Pasta fan.

Bruins do not have a centre to replace Beregron/Krejci going forward. Larkin or Draisaitl would solve that problem real quick.

That being said Pastrnak will be a Bruin for a long long time.

Ya sorry, don't see it with Drai. He benefited from McDavid for what seemed like quite a bit last year. To see your production jump 40% while also having a S% that is nearly 50% higher than your previous two years...well its just a red flag to me. Still a solid player, but I'd say he's more likely at 75pt player. Pasta being a 80+ point player over the last two season is the better get. BTW Drai doesn't play center for EDM, he plays LW

Last edited:
Reactions: Spooner st

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Get out.

I was having such a good Friday morning and read this, now i'm irrationally angry.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm a fan of Larkin's game too, but to use a base-ball analogy, you can't have an entire team of above-average hitters with excellent fielding ability. You need some home-run hitters too, and in Boston, that's Pastrnak.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Ya sorry, don't see it with Drai. He benefited from McDavid for what seemed like quite a bit last year. To see your production jump 40% while also having a S% that is nearly 50% higher than your previous two years...well its just a red flag to me. Still a solid player, but I'd say he's more likely at 75pt player. Pasta being a 80+ point player over the last two season is the better get. BTW Drai doesn't play center for EDM, he plays LW

You can argue Pastrnak plays with Bergeron and Marchand. These two made Crosby look good! :)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You can argue Pastrnak plays with Bergeron and Marchand. These two made Crosby look good! :)

Sure you could, but what does that have to do with Leon's massive jump in production? Think about it, the guy over his first 3 fulls season never cracked 30 goals. Last year he goes with McDavid and hits the 50 goal mark. Leon is a good player and he's benefiting from playing with one of the best players in the world.

You put Pasta with McDavid and he'd win the Rocket every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->