Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I thought Pasta made Schenn look foolish when he took that run at him. I hope the B's took note though, Schenn has a history of targeting the other team's best players with dangerous hits to try to get them out of the series.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I thought Pasta made Schenn look foolish when he took that run at him. I hope the B's took note though, Schenn has a history of targeting the other team's best players with dangerous hits to try to get them out of the series.

Is that what happened there? Schenn tried to lay him out but Pastrnak got away from it? It was confusing and weird.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site

That’s the whole point of hitting in hockey isn’t it? Woulda been a totally clean hit.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Uh no, that's not the point of hitting in hockey. The point is to separate the player from the puck not the player from the game.

That’s supposed to be the point. But the league definitely allows players to change direction to “finish a check” after the puck is gone.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
embarrassing that Pasta pulled a "hamilton" yesterday

what are you doing?

then Blues see blood in the water

Pasta does that one more time and Cassidy should bench him. That has no place in Bruins hockey or hockey period. Come on Pasta you are better than that

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

what are you doing?

Pasta does that one more time and Cassidy should bench him. That has no place in Bruins hockey or hockey period. Come on Pasta you are better than that

The Blues D man on that play wasn't even looking at the puck was just trying to line up Pasternak which Pasternak saw. IDK there was no real play to be made there.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

what are you doing?

Serious question;

Do you think these things during the game when you see them or wait to listen to 10 hours of talk radio?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Serious question;

Do you think these things during the game when you see them or wait to listen to 10 hours of talk radio?

I saw it

did you??

thats all that matters

If you want to accept that type of "turtling" go ahead.... I won't. And Bruins can't if they want to beat these Blues

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Yea I saw it, it’s a problem.

But it’s kind of a nothing take and not the real issue.

pasta could do that and still score goals and it wouldn’t mean much anymore. The real problem is he isn’t scoring

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

what are you doing?

I'm not shocked he's skating with his head up, he doesn't have a lot of protection on that line and he avoided a HR hit earlier in the series

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
He says, in an NBC interview that he got hit in his thumb in the CJB series (that thumb which made him lose games in the regular season) and it "didn't feel the same" since that. But then he quickly denies that this had an effect on his performance.

So, we still don't know. But I do love this hockey ethos.... 'tis but a scratch!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So are we correct to blame Pasta’s poor playoff performance on his drunken hand?
he stated he needs to get more mentally tough which I liked, the kid recognized that aspect, have to respect him for not using the injury as an excuse although he did touch on the fact that his one timing just wasn`t there and we all saw it, you don`t go from a guy who`s virtually a shoe in to either bury those or make a goalie work for a save prior to the injury to one who fanned on more one time chances than we have become accustomed to

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
he stated he needs to get more mentally tough which I liked, the kid recognized that aspect, have to respect him for not using the injury as an excuse although he did touch on the fact that his one timing just wasn`t there and we all saw it, you don`t go from a guy who`s virtually a shoe in to either bury those or make a goalie work for a save prior to the injury to one who fanned on more one time chances than we have become accustomed to

Well hopefully he learns from this experience, which I think he will. Hope the hand gets fully healed for the fall.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pretty good spot to be when you have a playoff point per game 22 year old who’s hopefully learned from the experience and won’t have such a poor performance in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad