Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
When you get to have the best player in the NHL as your center, nowhere to go but up.;)

What I liked best about Pasta's performance yesterday was after the first goal the leaders on this team got into his grill and got him to tone down on the celebrating and act more workman like. This team does things right.

Don't have any issue with what Pasta did after the first goal. Not like he was showing up the Leafs, he was just trying to pump the crowd up.

Pasta's always been a little unusual for a hockey player, he plays loose and likes to have fun out there. He's not as buttoned up as others.

I don't wanna see that be diminished at all, it brings a different energy to the team. Been that way since he joined the team.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Pasta raised his game when Bergy went down and Marchand cooled off. He lead the team and never took his foot off the peddle. All those fancy moves he has tried and failed at were learning experiences, very Middleton of him. Playing with Bergy has taught him to tone it down and play a 200 foot game. To think some around here continued to ridicule him and chastise him over and over. I kept saying you have to take the good with the bad, let him feel it out and the good out weighs the bad. Too many people wanted Kelly responsibility, Kelly would never do what this 21 year old can do, let him be himself in the team philosophy, credit Cassidy for letting him do it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The offense most everyone knew would come. He has offensive talent oozing from his pores. It's easy to overlook how far he has come in terms of defense and physical game. It improved last season, and has taken an even bigger step this season. His strength has improved, which has allowed him to be solid in all three zones. The cool thing is that he is only going to keep getting stronger as his body fills out. Love that he keeps on smiling and playing as if he has the joy of playing hockey as he did when he was a kid. Not only is he proving to be one of the best players, if not the best, of his draft class, but that contract is easily the best. What he is bringing to the playoffs so far is icing on the cake.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Pasta wanted to do the ear thing for his second goal, but stopped himself midway. For his third goal he didn't do anything to celebrate.

FRANK CANNON

May 1, 2015
SoCal
Amazing.

This kid only 21 years old.

david-pastrnak-s-maminkou-po-MS18.jpg

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The craziest thing about Pasta is that he's only 21 years old. Can you imagine what this guy is going to be like when he hits his prime?

Most guys drafted 25th haven't played an NHL game yet or have but a few under their belt. This guy is in his 4th season already and already has played 250 games. That experience is invaluable.

I have to admit, when the Bruins drafted him I was pissed. I wanted Scherbak, who the Canadians drafted right after him. I was concerned about his concussion history and preferred the bigger player but I couldn't have been more wrong. Scherbak will be a 3rd liner at best and Pasta already is a superstar. The steal of the draft for sure as the 25th OA pick.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hes still got plenty of room to grow physically too. He is going to be a WEAPON by the time hes 25. His board play has gotten significantly better as has his skating strength (used to fall over a lot more) Bergy and Marchand are rubbing off on him so much and it is just a massive massive bonus. I cant wait to see him grow.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
11 points in 4 games.....leads NHL playoffs in scoring.....not too shabby.

He was in the box when we got knocked out last year - and you could tell it bothered him. You get the feeling he's still thinking about game 6 against OTT and its driving him. So impressive.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Pastrnak is having one great series.

Owns both Leafs D in one rush.
Amazing no look pass.

After the face off, there is only one guy skating.
Pastrnak.
He was planning on passing the whole time.
Fakes out Zaitsev so well it's painful.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
11 points in 4 games.....leads NHL playoffs in scoring.....not too shabby.

What's even more impressive is how he's been taking care of the puck. Going into this series I was a little worried that "David Pastrnak the Turnover Machine" was going to make an appearance.

Hasn't happened so far.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
13 points in 7 playoff games so far.

What an unreal start to these playoffs for him, which is crazy when you realize that line was basically shut down in a couple of those games. After Draisaitl's huge playoff run last year the consensus was that he had edged out Pasta as the best 2014 draftee, but a year later and Pasta making the case that it's at worst a toss up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Special hockey player, not the fastest (although not slow), not the hardest shooter, not the biggest, but just knows how to play hockey. Call it the "it factor" or hockey sense, or whatever, he has it, and we are lucky to have him on the Bruins.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hot Take:

David Pastrnak is the most SKILLED Bruin to ever wear black and gold. The franchise has never dressed a more naturally gifted puck handler.

Second Hot take:

If Pastrnak can play with 75% of Bergeron's heart, and 75% of Bourque's hockey IQ, he will go to the HOF as one of the greatest Bruins ever. Those are big ifs obviously.

Man thank God Chia drafted this kid.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Hot Take:

David Pastrnak is the most SKILLED Bruin to ever wear black and gold. The franchise has never dressed a more naturally gifted puck handler.

Second Hot take:

If Pastrnak can play with 75% of Bergeron's heart, and 75% of Bourque's hockey IQ, he will go to the HOF as one of the greatest Bruins ever. Those are big ifs obviously.

I think he plays his whole career here, barring a ridiculous trade that would never be worth it

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Pasta has really taken his game to the next level and played like an absolute superstar in these playoffs. Great timing.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Hot Take:

Second Hot take:

Thanks Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad