Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This is exactly what is happening. Drives some people crazy with his turnovers but I will roll the dice on the kid and it usually comes up better that he is a factor in games. You have to have a guy push the other teams dee back and be unpredictable. He gets the cash for the splash, not a dump and chaser plug. Live with the mistakes, kid is 21 and younger then Donato, let that sink in. He will only get better and more responsible. Steal of the draft in my view and the staff are fine with it, not everyone is Kelly.
He would be driving Clode crazy. I’d rather deal with turn overs etc. than not have that ability that got the team a win last night.

Last edited:

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Seems like Pasta always seems to go on these crazy scoring runs to end out the year, love seeing that out of a player.

15-16 we all remember the Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak line trying to carry us to the playoffs

16-17 an 11 game point streak in which he collected 15 points from the end of February to the middle of March, and ends up with his first 70 point season

17-18 currently has 13 points in 7 games in March, and along with Marchy is helping to carry the offense.

While he only got 4 points in 6 games in the playoffs last year, this might be Pasta's first true chance to break out in the playoffs.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
One thing Pasta struggles with is against physical opponents. Its like he is walking on ice, falling left and right

I don't know if the answer is for him to add mass without losing his quickness or...

He needs to work on this in the offseason

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
David Pastrnak is 46 days younger than Ryan Donato.

How frigging lucky are we to have this guy?

Unbelievably. I was looking at the birth year of Bruins players currently on the roster, focusing on the youngish guys. Wanna get excited?

Bjork 96
Debrusk 96
Donato 96
Heinen 95
Pastrnak 96
Carlo 96
McAvoy 97

That's a pretty solid core wouldn't you say??

But seriously Pasta is turning into a man. Last year in the playoffs he wilted with the physical play but he's been a beast lately on the walls and handling the physical game. Benn drilled him early in the 3rd or late in the 2nd, can't remember and what does he do? Pretty much put the team on his back.

The kick to the stick, which most probably won't recognize, to get that puck out front and in a position to score was ridiculous. STUD

Reactions: BiGBear8 and Thrive

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
One thing Pasta struggles with is against physical opponents. Its like he is walking on ice, falling left and right

I don't know if the answer is for him to add mass without losing his quickness or...

He needs to work on this in the offseason

After tonight's game winner I'm fine with him falling on the ice. :D

Unbelievably. I was looking at the birth year of Bruins players currently on the roster, focusing on the youngish guys. Wanna get excited?

Bjork 96
Debrusk 96
Donato 96
Heinen 95
Pastrnak 96
Carlo 96
McAvoy 97

But seriously Pasta is turning into a man. Last year in the playoffs he wilted with the physical play but he's been a beast lately on the walls and handling the physical game. Benn drilled him early in the 3rd or late in the 2nd, can't remember and what does he do? Pretty much put the team on his back.

The kick to the stick, which most probably won't recognize, to get that puck out front and in a position to score was ridiculous. STUD

Half of me is exited because of how young these guys are, half of me is depressed because I graduated high school 2 weeks before the oldest one was born.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Bjork 96
Debrusk 96
Donato 96
Heinen 95
Pastrnak 96
Carlo 96
McAvoy 97

is that their birth years or their ratings in NHL 21?

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Bjork 96
Debrusk 96
Donato 96
Heinen 95
Pastrnak 96
Carlo 96
McAvoy 97

Jesus.

That's a legit core gathered in 3 drafts, just 3 seasons after. Need another center to pan out but theres 2 guys who are/will be superstars. And it seems like there's a good amount to be excited about in Providence.

Man...

Reactions: BiGBear8

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was wondering what Bergeron out would mean for Pastrnak and Marchand

The answer -

They dominated

Everything about Pastrnak has got better including his beard

He's becoming a star s game breaker

That first line is outrageous and any worries I had that when in 2024 when Bergeron skiws down a bit no longer concern ne

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Who else would like to see Pasta add some mass?

Anytime there is a battle along the boards...uneasy feeling he will either lose the puck or fall down

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He had a couple calls go against him yesterday too.
The penalty wasnt a trip on him.
Then he shouldve had a penalty shot.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
He just finished #8 on the HF players under 22 poll. He's in some elite company. Funny how playing with Marchand and Bergeron is constantly used against him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In terms of scoring from that draft, he's 4 points behind in Draisaitl in 15 fewer games :amazed:

And well ahead in goals (+19) with less games played.

Pastrnak's game went up another level this year (in particular his overall game), while I felt Draisaitl's stayed stagnant if not a bit regressive.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
And well ahead in goals (+19) with less games played.

Pastrnak's game went up another level this year (in particular his overall game), while I felt Draisaitl's stayed stagnant if not a bit regressive.
When you get to have the best player in the NHL as your center, nowhere to go but up.;)

What I liked best about Pasta's performance yesterday was after the first goal the leaders on this team got into his grill and got him to tone down on the celebrating and act more workman like. This team does things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad