Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
He should probably start to shoot the puck more. Simplify his game for a bit. His shots per 60 minutes this year is lowest it has been in his career. Other than that I have no issues with his play.

this (the lack of shooting) is a big part of it (as well as with some other guys). but it's not all of it. he's playing a less serious brand of hockey now, and his success rate on any sort of move is plummeting towards zero. At this point, simplify has to be the message to him.

get a few simple successes, then the fancy stuff should start to open up again.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
thought he looked focused and locked in again last night. no real shifts off. good to see. that little play to setup his own goal was clever and hungry.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
last night was a real good game for him. Hope he builds on it. You know you have a real good player when his slumps only last a handful of games.

Reactions: frickinbobby

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
i could be wrong, but reading his lips after he scored off his own rebound the other night, as he celebrated, I think he yelled, "PASTA!!!..."

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
His seeming awareness of where every skater on the ice is the consistent supriser. Rarely are his decisions bad right now.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
So that I am consistent, because I (deservedly) ripped him when his play everywhere except the offensive zone could be described as at best, incompetent, I have to acknowledge that this year, particularly the past couple of months where everyone has basically been good, he has played very well away from the puck and in all 3 zones.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Thus guy is due to go on a goal scoring tear . .Playing solid but you just know a pile of goals are coming
took a little while, but the floodgates have finally opened.

the goals are great, but he has just been an all-around beast. love seeing him step up with all the injuries, suspensions, etc.

Reactions: Thrive

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Cassidy letting him play his game.
This is exactly what is happening. Drives some people crazy with his turnovers but I will roll the dice on the kid and it usually comes up better that he is a factor in games. You have to have a guy push the other teams dee back and be unpredictable. He gets the cash for the splash, not a dump and chaser plug. Live with the mistakes, kid is 21 and younger then Donato, let that sink in. He will only get better and more responsible. Steal of the draft in my view and the staff are fine with it, not everyone is Kelly.

Reactions: Thrive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad