Rumor: David Pagnotta: Leafs exploring market for cost effective top 6 forward.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think Monahan actually makes a lot of sense for Toronto but Habs need him at the very least until Dvorak returns. But, Leafs need a 3C and good right side defenceman and have about $40 total to spend

I agree they need a 3rd line center and if healthy Monahan would a great fit.

Matthews
Tavares
Monahan
Kampf

Would be very strong down the middle, the problem is Monahan has missed A LOT of time the last 2 years.

Another guy I'd look at come the deadline if the NYI are out is JG Pageau, he's not a rental so he'd be a longer term solution

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think Monahan actually makes a lot of sense for Toronto but Habs need him at the very least until Dvorak returns. But, Leafs need a 3C and good right side defenceman and have about $40 total to spend
What are the chances he stays healthy? If the cost is a 2nd or less I’d probably go for it, mainly because I don’t trust his health.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
maybe they can get someone after new years with retention but trying to find someone now is a tough task.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I agree they need a 3rd line center and if healthy Monahan would a great fit.

Matthews
Tavares
Monahan
Kampf

Would be very strong down the middle, the problem is Monahan has missed A LOT of time the last 2 years.

Another guy I'd look at come the deadline if the NYI are out is JG Pageau, he's not a rental so he'd be a longer term solution
It's 100% about health with Monahan but if he's healthy at the deadline he'll be sought after, I don't know if there will be anyone else available who brings more to the table relative to their cap hit. He's been excellent for Montreal and I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back again

What are the chances he stays healthy? If the cost is a 2nd or less I’d probably go for it, mainly because I don’t trust his health.
Impossible to say but so far so good can only continue to hope. I think he garners a first if he stays healthy all year because there will be multiple teams after him. Due to the injury history, there would likely be conditions on the first or a conditional pick going the other way based on games played

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's 100% about health with Monahan but if he's healthy at the deadline he'll be sought after, I don't know if there will be anyone else available who brings more to the table relative to their cap hit. He's been excellent for Montreal and I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back again

Impossible to say but so far so good can only continue to hope. I think he garners a first if he stays healthy all year because there will be multiple teams after him. Due to the injury history, there would likely be conditions on the first or a conditional pick going the other way based on games played

Habs fans said he was getting a 1st last year, don't do this to yourselves again.

Reactions: TS Quint

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I don't think either is good enough to stick in the NHL

They need a save from Samsonov.

I'm not going to blame an 831 save% on the defense
Your wrong on robertson and correct on McMann most likely

Robertson should be in the NHL playing right now

He is ~ppg in his AHL career over 3 years (55ish games). He has been used as a checking 3rd liner for his short NHL stunt and unfortunately got injured whenever he looked like he could be breaking into the league

We need to have Robertson in the lineup over holmberg, Jarnkrok, Gregor, reeves

The easiest move is to deal Jarkrok for a solid #5D who has some size and can pair with Rielly (luke schenn esque) and bring in Robertson full time

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You would think a fan of a team with 3 (or more?) number 1 defenceman and a losing record would be able to spot goaltending issues but here we are.
So what about the leaf fans saying defense before forwards for upgrades, are they all wrong as well.

Bond

May 10, 2012
The Leafs don’t need Kadri and he’s overpaid.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What the f*** was Treliving doing all summer...Dreaming about Nylander at center?

Ffs.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Maybe Tor is looking at moving one of their top 6 for that defensive help and is looking to see if they can replace who ever they trade away?

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
I'm not blaming the defense for Samsonov having an 831 save%.

831 is NEVER a defense problem, 831 means you aren't making enough saves.
That kind of save percentage means a bad goalie is being hung out to dry by terrible team defence, especially from the defenders. You can keep blaming a single person, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

He is ~ppg in his AHL career over 3 years (55ish games). He has been used as a checking 3rd liner for his short NHL stunt and unfortunately got injured whenever he looked like he could be breaking into the league

The easiest move is to deal Jarkrok for a solid #5D who has some size and can pair with Rielly (luke schenn esque) and bring in Robertson full time
The bolded is exactly why they should keep him down for a while. The guy has had the better part of 3 crucial developmental seasons basically wiped out. He is playing great and in all situations for the Marlies, confidence and versatility are improving. He's going to force his way on to the NHL roster but they don't need to rush, let him get 20 or so games as a top player and hope he carries that with him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Robertson isn't better than any winger in the top 9 and he can't be a 4th liner.

There is in spot for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad