David Legwand

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Note : this is a very general comment and my opinion about reading the boards these days...

Things are not changing around here... Opinions are so all over the place... How can anyone say anything subjective with any conviction?

At least, facts exist and should tell you when it's time to sit in the corner. But so many people just won't and prefer to think that their opinion is worth more than facts and objectivity. Our opinions are just opinions and making a copy/paste of another poster won't make it a certainty, even if it's a "popular" opinion. How many times in history people have been wrong with "popular opinions"?

I usually hang out for the free laughs, but I'm not finding it very funny these days it seems. lol it's worse than groundhog day, so many posts sounds like brainless robots repeating the same things over and over again (particularly in GDTs), boring. Add a good dose of paranoia and misconceptions and I'm about to virtually throw up lol

Hope you are feeling better. You are one of the posters I read every word, as you bring your perspectives to bear in a positive way. and there are many, many more who do the same.

Still a learning environment for the novice trying to find their way. You assist that process with you rigour.

MikeyMagic

Jun 22, 2005
I've been slightly disappointed with him, but a lot of it has to do more with how he's being used. He should be nowhere near the powerplay. He is no threat to shoot from the top of the circle and makes it way to predictable out there. He also probably would look much better if he had Smith and Condra or Michalek on his wing instead of Neil. He's gotta stop getting beat cleanly on so many face offs though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I've been slightly disappointed with him, but a lot of it has to do more with how he's being used. He should be nowhere near the powerplay. He is no threat to shoot from the top of the circle and makes it way to predictable out there. He also probably would look much better if he had Smith and Condra or Michalek on his wing instead of Neil. He's gotta stop getting beat cleanly on so many face offs though.

I agree with this, as a team they need a new strategy for D zone faceoffs. Way too many clean loses tie up and hope the winger can get in and win it for you.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Maybe it is just his turn

:laugh:

This. Still laughing lol

Someday, it will be Turris, MacArthur, Ryan (seems inevitable with his long term contract), etc.

I mean look at the bashing of Neil and Phillips over the last 2-3 years... no one is immune. The only exception seems to be Alfredsson.

Yes. Most NHL teams have there 4th line scoring 50 goals a season and get top defensive play and tons of secondary scoring.
Ohhhh wait this isn't an All star team or the Olympics?

Wait we don't have a stacked team with Kelly and Vermette on the fourth line anymore? Wait there is a salary cap now? Really? We ripped up our stacked 03/04 05/06 teams because of a Cap? Chicago lost a zillion quality depth players after their first Cup win because of the Cap? Geez I thought you could just fill your lineup with stars and semi-stars?

Our "4th" line has 30 pt guy Smith, 52 point last year Legwand, and 10 goal a year enforcer Neil. Pretty sick 4th line I think. Of veterans.

Probably very unpopular opinion but I agree with all this 100%

Hope you are feeling better. You are one of the posters I read every word, as you bring your perspectives to bear in a positive way. and there are many, many more who do the same.

Still a learning environment for the novice trying to find their way. You assist that process with you rigour.

Thank you. I know I might sound like "the annoying father" many times but oh well, things have to get done and I'm trying to improve my communication in English anyway (3rd language). We are in a world where I wish people would be more rational... I'm not saying don't have feelings or beliefs, bien au contraire...

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Legwand unhappy with linemates?
--
Tyler Ray ‏@DefenseMinister 33m33 minutes ago
I recently heard that Legwand has very forcefully complained to the coaching staff about previous linemates. You can probably guess which...
-
Tyler Ray ‏@DefenseMinister 32m32 minutes ago
Not entirely sure what his thoughts are on today's wingers (Greening and Condra) but I would assume "not really excited" is a good guess.
-
Tyler Ray ‏@DefenseMinister 31m31 minutes ago
I'm fairly certain that Legwand will not last out his contract here. Only question is if he's dealt this year or in the summer.
--

Karlsson2Turris*

--
I recently heard that Legwand has very forcefully complained to the coaching staff about previous linemates. You can probably guess which...
-
Not entirely sure what his thoughts are on today's wingers (Greening and Condra) but I would assume "not really excited" is a good guess.
-
I'm fairly certain that Legwand will not last out his contract here. Only question is if he's dealt this year or in the summer.
--

Good news

Karlsson2Turris*

He should be grateful he's getting PP time with Erik Kalrsson.

BigBush*

Lazar gets sent down and Legwand has a chance to slot into his line and play on a functional line yet instead they slot Pageau in there, I can see why he's a bit frustrated.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes his frustration is easily understood but I'm thinking the way he was treated in Detroit might make this worse: he was used as a fourth liner and you got the impression he saw himself as a second/third line guy in his interviews when he signed

Worse part is we really need him, he's good on faceoffs and is our only lefty C

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
--
-
-
--
Wait a sec. Heard from who? Let's not go crazy here.
But yes the guy sucks.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
if im going to blast Legwand, probably best to post this here rather than the trade thread - although he belongs there as well.

i'd like to know who thinks should be his linemates? Turris's? Zibby's? Lazar?
Legwand has 3 EV points. 3

Launch that disgruntled ******** into space.
Better linemates?!? Based on his EV play he's lucky he's in the ****ing lineup.
More EV playing time than the 4th and most of the 3rd line and he has 3 EV points.....as the 'playmaking center'

even strength points:

Zibanejad 11
Ryan 14
Hoffman 16

Turris has 14
Stone 10
Mac 12

Lazar 7
Chiasson 10
Michalek 3

Smith 3
Neil 6
Condra 3

LEGWAND 3

Greening 0

Shut up collect your $2 million and be grateful Ottawa clearly doesnt have any pro scouts.
Asshat.

BigBush*

Maybe he was complaining say that Greening should be sent to Bingo and Prince should be called up to give him some a decent line mate

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
--
-
-
--

Tweet one: Random Sens blogger with no credentials relays supposed second hand information that nobody else has reported.

Tweet two: Speculates on said tweet

Tweet three: Declares that because of information in tweet one, which is now fact somehow, that player will undoubtedly be traded.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I wouldn't blame Legwand for being frustrated. He is doing all right on the PP, but he has been chained to really bad linemates in 5V5. He is still 9th on the team in points, and would be higher if he was in a ES role that involved some offense from time to time.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
14 pts from a predominately 4th line centre doesn't seem to be that bad, regardless if most of his pts are on the PP. He has certainly lost a step or two but he hangs in there in front of the net & is able to get some garbage goals. He seems decent at faceoffs & on a lot of nights is our best at it. He seems to be able to control the PP & doesn't make a lot of risky passes & it has translated in significant pts for him on the PP. While he isn't a fast skater any more he does play a decent two way game & is good defensively. His leadership, veteran experience & his ability to still put pts on the board is probably not appreciated on here because of his age but IMO he is helping the team win which should be all the matters. I don't see Pageau putting up numbers in the NHL like he does in the AHL, so I don't see him replacing Legwand anytime soon. Unfortunately the guys he is playing with most of the time are not goal scorers & Michalek being in a slump all yr hasn't helped Legwand either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad