Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he looks like he's playing through a lower body injury. give him the last 2 weeks off and
get him right. obviously the need for chemistry with new guys causes an issue with that.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can see that he’s not at the top of his game. He does need to be better, and I think he will be.
But I do not buy the “he’s not trying” stuff for one second.
I think that he is trying. That being said it just isn't up to par with his past performance.
IMO he's tired and possibly injured. I would like to see them give him a few games off.
These regular season games aren't as important as the playoffs. I think he needs to be
given slack and like all players he will be judged after the playoffs. Until that time we need to have
a wait and see approach. It's a pivotal time in his career right now. He has a big playoffs and
it shuts down any talk of his decline. If he doesn't, it is what it is and it's the beginning of the end for him here.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think he plays out his contract in Boston and then signs a low money, 2 year deal or he retires.

But maybe I only think that because I don’t want to see him in another NHL jersey

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Kase and Ritchie to me are not the answer just like any of the other 22 attempts or so. I give krejci props for dealing with this. I just dont think the latest round of top 6 JAGs they are trying are any serious attempt to contend. The arguments of putting 20-30 point players in the top 6 just dont make sense to me

I agree, it was a travesty they didn't get Krejci a top6 RW last year, or this year, or at any point over the last 5 years. Sweeney has done a good job but this has been his biggest failing as GM and IMO cost them a Cup.

That said, Krejci led this team in even strength scoring in the playoffs with DeBrusk MIA and Backes/Kuhlman on his right. He put up 73 points last year. In the past Krejci has been able to produce no matter what, he uses the points, he puts the puck on net himself, he finds a way. More importantly, he's always been a dominant presence on the ice, controlling the puck, turning away from pressure, slowing things down, he's always been a possession master, and he's always in great position defensively... Over the last 13 games he doesn't look like that Krejci. He's out of position in his own zone, he's fumbling the puck, he's turning it over, his shots are way down on the season...

Maybe he's fed up with the carousel. Maybe it's a slump that covers 2 sets of wingers. Maybe it's an undisclosed injury. All of those would be preferable to this being the start of him showing his age, that's the real fear.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kase and Ritchie to me are not the answer just like any of the other 22 attempts or so. I give krejci props for dealing with this. I just dont think the latest round of top 6 JAGs they are trying are any serious attempt to contend. The arguments of putting 20-30 point players in the top 6 just dont make sense to me

This gets so overblown, you can say this about anyone really. These are his most common 5-on-5 linemates each of the last 3 years along with the percentage of his time he played with each combination (I included all that were over 2% of his time). That's a whole lot of DeBrusk in there, who is a talented player. Not to mention his most common linemate combo last season was Marchand and Pastrnak lol.

2019/20:

2018/19

2017/18

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I agree, it was a travesty they didn't get Krejci a top6 RW last year, or this year, or at any point over the last 5 years. Sweeney has done a good job but this has been his biggest failing as GM and IMO cost them a Cup.

That said, Krejci led this team in even strength scoring in the playoffs with DeBrusk MIA and Backes/Kuhlman on his right. He put up 73 points last year. In the past Krejci has been able to produce no matter what, he uses the points, he puts the puck on net himself, he finds a way. More importantly, he's always been a dominant presence on the ice, controlling the puck, turning away from pressure, slowing things down, he's always been a possession master, and he's always in great position defensively... Over the last 13 games he doesn't look like that Krejci. He's out of position in his own zone, he's fumbling the puck, he's turning it over, his shots are way down on the season...

Maybe he's fed up with the carousel. Maybe it's a slump that covers 2 sets of wingers. Maybe it's an undisclosed injury. All of those would be preferable to this being the start of him showing his age, that's the real fear.

Injury or slump, I would rest him if no improvement Tuesday night.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I don't think hes fed up. Hes trying to adjust on the fly too having two new 3rd liners on his wing agaisnt an elite Tampa team with a good defense. What hes been given in no way whatsoever helps him reach his ceiling of production. It's a travesty yes but this is the reality right now

Reactions: PlayMakers

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think he plays out his contract in Boston and then signs a low money, 2 year deal or he retires.

But maybe I only think that because I don’t want to see him in another NHL jersey

Where's the spot for Krecji moving forward, 2021->?

Bergeron, Stud, Coyle should all be centering lines at that point

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
This gets so overblown, you can say this about anyone really. These are his most common 5-on-5 linemates each of the last 3 years along with the percentage of his time he played with each combination (I included all that were over 2% of his time). That's a whole lot of DeBrusk in there, who is a talented player. Not to mention his most common linemate combo last season was Marchand and Pastrnak lol.

2019/20:

2018/19

2017/18

The second line with DeBrusk - Krej - Spooner was dynamite that year. Loved watching those three just wheel it

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I thought Krejci looked much more like himself tonight. Maybe he was embarrassed by the slip and fall against Tampa, or maybe it was having Pasta on his right for a little while but whatever it was he looked smart and crafty and made several surprising and impressive passes.

Thought his game/effort level totally changed when he got Pasta. Think they need to keep experimenting with that and going with the combos. Krech and Pasta had some magic going. Bergy/Marchy can float whoever plays with them... and you can easily go back in a pinch or even for a shift or two.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I thought Krejci looked much more like himself tonight. Maybe he was embarrassed by the slip and fall against Tampa, or maybe it was having Pasta on his right for a little while but whatever it was he looked smart and crafty and made several surprising and impressive passes.
It was having a dynamic wing like Pasta. Instant Karma.
Neither Kase nor Ritchie’s gonna cut it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe it is the Pasta effect kicking in near the end, but he didn't look good to me for much of the night. Passes to nowhere, being a bit late on the decisions. Has been very un-Krejci like to me of late. Maybe keeping him with Pasta would get him going, and definitely would give him someone that could do something with what he gives them.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My thinking is...Krejci no longer can make others better players like he used to. He now needs others to make him better.

Reactions: BigBear83

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If I'm Cassidy, I flip flop Coyle and DK. Coyle up to the 2nd line with JDB and Kase, and DK on the third with Ritchie and whatever you want on the other side. It's time to stop pandering to this guy and hoping he gets his head out of his ass. It's time to adjust and accept he's either hurt, lost a step, or just can't be bothered. Either way you can't count on him to provide secondary scoring with any regularity.

Reactions: Krupp

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Right! It is never, ever, ever because Krejci isn’t playing well. Always someone else’s fault.

He's had a few weeks of below par play, but last night he could have had 3-4 points with some luck.

Definitely looked better with Pasta on his wing.....suriprise!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Thought his game/effort level totally changed when he got Pasta. Think they need to keep experimenting with that and going with the combos. Krech and Pasta had some magic going. Bergy/Marchy can float whoever plays with them... and you can easily go back in a pinch or even for a shift or two.

It was having a dynamic wing like Pasta. Instant Karma.
Neither Kase nor Ritchie’s gonna cut it.

He was definitely more noticeable and creative with Pasta and Kuraly, but even before that line change he was shooting more, he was in better position defensively... To me it looked like he was more engaged from the get go, and then adding Pasta took it to another level.

Reactions: TwineTickler

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ya, the GM. I find it a joke at this point and not worth taking seriously.

Go back and look at how how many assets, how much draft capital, and how much money they've thrown at trying to get this guy a player to play with over the years. None of it has worked, and yet they continually keep doing it. At some point you have to give up the ghost and realize the one commonality on all his lines that haven't been successful is David f***ing Krejci himself. When does he ever get to be part of the issue with you folks? It's always someone else's fault for his dip in play and for his lack of production. It's never him.

If I'm the Bruins, I bump him down to the third line and give the second line center spot to Coyle. At least we know Coyle will still give an honest effort and compete, regardless of who his wings are.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Go back and look at how how many assets, how much draft capital, and how much money they've thrown at trying to get this guy a player to play with over the years. None of it has worked, and yet they continually keep doing it. At some point you have to give up the ghost and realize the one commonality on all his lines that haven't been successful is David f***ing Krejci himself. When does he ever get to be part of the issue with you folks? It's always someone else's fault for his dip in play and for his lack of production. It's never him.

If I'm the Bruins, I bump him down to the third line and give the second line center spot to Coyle. At least we know Coyle will still give an honest effort and compete, regardless of who his wings are.

I knew they Krejci bashers would be out in full force when he was saddled with cast off 3rd liners from last place anaheim. He's been to 3 cup finals, I don't take the nonsense seriously anymore

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I knew they Krejci bashers would be out in full force when he was saddled with cast off 3rd liners from last place anaheim. He's been to 3 cup finals, I don't take the nonsense seriously anymore

1 goal in his last 19 games, 2 in his last 20. 1 goal and all of 8 assists since the start of Feb (over 18 games). Simply not good enough. Simply not deserving of reshuffling the entire deck to attempt him to get going. It's also amusing to me that he was able to be productive earlier in the year with the same players or even less, yet he can't even get close to that for the last 20 games. Even funnier is that his supporters can't even acknowledge his play has dropped off. Instead, it's him going from productive to invisible because of his line mates.

I mean shit, he's hovering around a .50 PPG for the last 20 games, which is way below his career average of .75 ppg, but you lack the ability to even admit he's been off? And even with that dip, his season PPG avg this year is still at .70 ppg. So that really shows you how off he's been in the last 20 games, but you can't say it? Yikes. Zero credibility when it comes to this guy on your end.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
1 goal in his last 19 games, 2 in his last 20. 1 goal and all of 8 assists since the start of Feb (over 18 games). Simply not good enough. Simply not deserving of reshuffling the entire deck to attempt him to get going. It's also amusing to me that he was able to be productive earlier in the year with the same players or even less, yet he can't even get close to that for the last 20 games. Even funnier is that his supporters can't even acknowledge his play has dropped off. Instead, it's him going from productive to invisible because of his line mates.

I'd say the exact same thing if Bergeron was with Kase or Ritchie or Backstrom, Kuznetsov or any top center in the east.

You've never been huge fan of Krejci or really cared if he gets talent around him but never miss a chance to call him out. Sure you can say you're a fan but I don't buy it. I want to see him do well and as a fan I just shake my head at the talent he's given bc I know if they got top 6 talent to play with he'd be putting up good numbers.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd say the exact same thing if Bergeron was with Kase or Ritchie or Backstrom, Kuznetsov or any top center in the east.

You've never been huge fan of Krejci or really cared if he gets talent around him but never miss a chance to call him out. Sure you can say you're a fan but I don't buy it. I want to see him do well and as a fan I just shake my head at the talent he's given bc I know if they got top 6 talent to play with he'd be putting up good numbers.

No, I've always rooted for him to succeed and have said many times that he was critical to the team's success, because he's that important. What has always frustrated me about him is the inconsistency in his game and the fans that refuse to admit it. This isn't about his line mates. This is about him. When you look around the league and see the highest paid player on each team, most of those guys are players who can elevate the other guys on the roster. Instead of that though, DK needs players to elevate him most of the time. It's why I feel that most of his issues with consistency are mental and not related to his clearly abundant talent. He has the skill, but he lacks the killer instinct, desire, or mental game to be what he could be in this league. He should be dominant because he's that talented physically, but it never seems to happen. And when someone tries to bring this up, it's shouted down by the same ardent DK fans, and the blame is passed along to virtually everyone else but DK.

That's what frustrates me about this guy and the ball washing crowd that won't be honest with themselves about what he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino