Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No, I've always rooted for him to succeed and have said many times that he was critical to the team's success, because he's that important. What has always frustrated me about him is the inconsistency in his game and the fans that refuse to admit it. This isn't about his line mates. This is about him. When you look around the league and see the highest paid player on each team, most of those guys are players who can elevate the other guys on the roster. Instead of that though, DK needs players to elevate him most of the time. It's why I feel that most of his issues with consistency are mental and not related to his clearly abundant talent. He has the skill, but he lacks the killer instinct, desire, or mental game to be what he could be in this league. He should be dominant because he's that talented physically, but it never seems to happen. And when someone tries to bring this up, it's shouted down by the same ardent DK fans, and the blame is passed along to virtually everyone else but DK.

That's what frustrates me about this guy and the ball washing crowd that won't be honest with themselves about what he really is.

Well Debrusk has 1 point in 14 games off Krejci's line, Looks like he's another player that can't be productive without a good center

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
My thinking is...Krejci no longer can make others better players like he used to. He now needs others to make him better.
You would be thinking incorrectly. I am not even sure that's thinking at all. With no disrespect of course. His assist on the first goal last night was vintage. Hall of fame player who plays with chicken feed for five years now. Put Pasta on his wing for a period and shazamm, He looks great again. Funny how when they utilize his greatest talent which is play making, and put an actual goal scorer with him, He becomes great again. It amazes me how people dont understand the game enough to really understand it. That little move by Cassidy, just may be the wrinkle that can win them the cup. Especially if Kase can click somewhat with Bergie and Marchy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Go back and look at how how many assets, how much draft capital, and how much money they've thrown at trying to get this guy a player to play with over the years. None of it has worked, and yet they continually keep doing it. At some point you have to give up the ghost and realize the one commonality on all his lines that haven't been successful is David f***ing Krejci himself. When does he ever get to be part of the issue with you folks? It's always someone else's fault for his dip in play and for his lack of production. It's never him.

If I'm the Bruins, I bump him down to the third line and give the second line center spot to Coyle. At least we know Coyle will still give an honest effort and compete, regardless of who his wings are.

In the last 5 games, Coyle has led all forwards in ice time each game.

Last night he had 6 more minutes of ice time than Krejci.

Hard to still consider him a third line center.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well Debrusk has 1 point in 14 games off Krejci's line, Looks like he's another player that can't be productive without a good center

JDB is young and still learning his game. He also has consistency issues, but also still has a ceiling to potentially grow out of that. DK is a finished product at this point and is the highest paid player on the team. In other words, I can live with consistency issues from young guys a lot easier than I can with key players taking over a month off. In fact, other young players this year that have been inconsistent have been demoted, and/or benched. DK has still been rolled out game after game despite the malaise.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
JDB is young and still learning his game. He also has consistency issues, but also still has a ceiling to potentially grow out of that. DK is a finished product at this point and is the highest paid player on the team. In other words, I can live with consistency issues from young guys a lot easier than I can with key players taking over a month off. In fact, other young players this year that have been inconsistent have been demoted, and/or benched. DK has still been rolled out game after game despite the malaise.

So Debrusk who is entering his prime gets a pass and we'll criticize the mid 30's center at the end of his career for not being a dominant player with Kase and Ritchie. The whole things makes no sense. Krejci is at the end, yet you expect him to be dominant with mediocre wingers. Hate to break it to you, that's not happening, good luck with those expectations in the playoffs

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So Debrusk who is entering his prime gets a pass and we'll criticize the mid 30's center at the end of his career for not being a dominant player with Kase and Ritchie. The whole things makes no sense. Krejci is at the end, yet you expect him to be dominant with mediocre wingers. Hate to break it to you, that's not happening, good luck with those expectations in the playoffs

Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense to me either that you'd expect the same from a 23 year old kid with a cap hit of $863K, that is still growing into his role on the team and in the league as you would from a veteran 33 year old player that is pulling down $7.25 mill per.

This is what I'm talking about with Krejci. It's literally f***ing impossible to have an honest conversation about the guy here because his defenders cannot help but put DK's inconsistency issues on everyone else instead of where it belongs.

Thank you for proving my point. I appreciate it. :laugh:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Go back and look at how how many assets, how much draft capital, and how much money they've thrown at trying to get this guy a player to play with over the years. None of it has worked, and yet they continually keep doing it. At some point you have to give up the ghost and realize the one commonality on all his lines that haven't been successful is David f***ing Krejci himself. When does he ever get to be part of the issue with you folks? It's always someone else's fault for his dip in play and for his lack of production. It's never him.

If I'm the Bruins, I bump him down to the third line and give the second line center spot to Coyle. At least we know Coyle will still give an honest effort and compete, regardless of who his wings are.
What is this post? When has Krejci ever needed a player to elevate him, examples?

I'm not sure how in the world a dude can get 73 points last year, while the next two highest forwards get 42 and 43 points (and one of them isn't even his linemate!), and you come to the conclusion hes the problem on his line. He pretty much always outscores both of his wingers by close to 20 points, because he gets stuck with inconsistent scorers who go on long stretches of being snakebitten. There has been one consistent thing on the 2nd line, and its Krejci being good for 60ish points.

It's somewhat amazing that in a season where we are questioning his play, he has put up 13 less points than Bergeron who is playing with two 100 point wingers AND on one of the top PPs.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense to me either that you'd expect the same from a 23 year old kid with a cap hit of $863K, that is still growing into his role on the team and in the league as you would from a veteran 33 year old player that is pulling down $7.25 mill per.

This is what I'm talking about with Krejci. It's literally f***ing impossible to have an honest conversation about the guy here because his defenders cannot help but put DK's inconsistency issues on everyone else instead of where it belongs.

Thank you for proving my point. I appreciate it. :laugh:

We both know Kase and Ritchie are not even in the universe of an answer of a 2nd line that can compete in April. The deadline was a complete and utter failure that provided zero secondary scoring which this team needed badly.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
We both know Kase and Ritchie are not even in the universe of an answer of a 2nd line that can compete in April. The deadline was a complete and utter failure that provided zero secondary scoring which this team needed badly.

While I could easily see it turning out this way, that remains to be seen. I'll wait to see what happens.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What is this post? When has Krejci ever needed a player to elevate him, examples?

I'm not sure how in the world a dude can get 73 points last year, while the next two highest forwards get 42 and 43 points (and one of them isn't even his linemate!), and you come to the conclusion hes the problem on his line. He pretty much always outscores both of his wingers by close to 20 points, because he gets stuck with inconsistent scorers who go on long stretches of being snakebitten. There has been one consistent thing on the 2nd line, and its Krejci being good for 60ish points.

Poor David being forced to play with lesser guys. Except for last year where he played a ton with Pasta and Marchand. And his lowly winger JDB that DK has been saddled with sucks so much that in his 3 short seasons in the league, he's barely managed to average .31 gpg or nearly 25 and a half goals in an 82 game season. That must be an incredible burden for David. What a huge cross for this guy to bear.

I stand with Krejci. It's all the fault of his garbage wingers, and the GM. They hate him, clearly. Except that they've gone out and gotten him players like Horton, Iginla, Eriksson, Beleskey, Nash, Backes, Ritchie, Kase, Ritchie (to name a few) in recent years, to get him some help. And they've raided the top line for Pasta. Some have worked most have not, but either way, it's not DK's fault. The team is screwing him. Well, except for all the players they've tried to give him, the assets they've spent doing so, and the fat stacks of money they pay him every year despite this guy's consistency issues.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
While I could easily see it turning out this way, that remains to be seen. I'll wait to see what happens.

I don't honestly see Ritchie as anything more than a bottom 6 player at best (and really a healthy scratch in an ideal world), but Kase has some skill and is more of an injury risk. I'd love to see Cassidy put Kase with Coyle and JDB and listen to the excuses for why DK couldn't succeed with them while other players just go out and give the effort.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's sad actually, instead of going all in with a group proven that they can make a finals run we get fans relishing in Krejci struggling. Enjoy that Presidents Trophy.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't honestly see Ritchie as anything more than a bottom 6 player at best (and really a healthy scratch in an ideal world), but Kase has some skill and is more of an injury risk. I'd love to see Cassidy put Kase with Coyle and JDB and listen to the excuses for why DK couldn't succeed with them while other players just go out and give the effort.

Yes I have been advocating that line and put Ritchie w Krejci and Bjork, but the staff always seems to want 4 or 5 4th liners in the lineup...puts a lot of pressure on the guys who can score.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's sad actually, instead of going all in with a group proven that they can make a finals run we get fans relishing in Krejci struggling. Enjoy that Presidents Trophy.

Huge straw man argument on your part, and its sad because you're better than this.

This is a team that has holes and those holes are being masked by the top line's effectiveness. Where do fans get off wanting and expecting their highest paid player to show up once in a while instead of being MIA since the start of February?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Huge straw man argument on your part, and its sad because you're better than this.

This is a team that has holes and those holes are being masked by the top line's effectiveness. Where do fans get off wanting and expecting their highest paid player to show up once in a while instead of being MIA since the start of February?

the only straw man argument is your selling Kase and Ritchie as anything acceptable for a 2nd line on a cup contender. The proof is on the ice no matter the spin on the message board. I don't take these arguments as someone who cares about winning more than an anti krejci agenda. As far as Krejci goes, its simple, he's a pass first play maker, pairing him with wingers who aren't even at 10 goals this year is the worst strategy I've ever heard.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes I have been advocating that line and put Ritchie w Krejci and Bjork, but the staff always seems to want 4 or 5 4th liners in the lineup...puts a lot of pressure on the guys who can score.

Yeah, slotting 4th line stiffs up and expecting them to play above their actual abilities is something that needs to stop. If the guys you have aren't performing, bring up Seny, or Stud, or Gaunce, or Carey, or virtually anyone else. What do you have to lose at this point?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
the only straw man argument is your selling Kase and Ritchie as anything acceptable for a 2nd line on a cup contender. The proof is on the ice no matter the spin on the message board. I don't take these arguments as someone who cares about winning more than an anti krejci agenda. As far as Krejci goes, its simple, he's a pass first play maker, pairing him with wingers who aren't even at 10 goals this year is the worst strategy I've ever heard.

I literally said 2 posts above this that I see Ritchie as a 4th liner or healthy scratch, yet you have me saying he's a top 6 guy. Credibility much? :laugh:

And again, you never discuss any points about DK. It's always about who plays with him and why they're making DK disappear.

FYI, Kase has had a 20 goal season, and he did that in 66 games for a .30 GPG average that season. He followed that season up with 11 goals in 30 games for a .37 GPG average. So he's shown he can score. His problem has always been injury. Which if you can recall, he was when he got here. If he plays, he's shown he has some finish.

But yeah, it's his fault DK has been invisible since before February you know, despite Kase not playing until the 27th. :laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah, slotting 4th line stiffs up and expecting them to play above their actual abilities is something that needs to stop. If the guys you have aren't performing, bring up Seny, or Stud, or Gaunce, or Carey, or virtually anyone else. What do you have to lose at this point?

It won't stop because those seem to be the guys that put in the type of effort and commitment that Cassidy wants from his players. Maybe it's the fact that 4th line types have to play that way to stay in the league because they aren't carving out careers based on skill alone. None of the candidates to replace them have shown Pasta-like, or even JDB-like skills that can buy them a pass. I'd prefer not to be putting Sean Kuraly on the second line and there Butch and I have a philosophical disagreement :laugh: I'll take a bit of inconsistency and some mistakes from Senyshyn who can bring some skills rather than a solid but offensively ineffective effort from Kuraly or Wagner.

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I literally said 2 posts above this that I see Ritchie as a 4th liner or healthy scratch, yet you have me saying he's a top 6 guy. Credibility much? :laugh:

And again, you never discuss any points about DK. It's always about who plays with him and why they're making DK disappear.

FYI, Kase has had a 20 goal season, and he did that in 66 games for a .30 GPG average that season. He followed that season up with 11 goals in 30 games for a .37 GPG average. So he's shown he can score. His problem has always been injury. Which if you can recall, he was when he got here. If he plays, he's shown he has some finish.

But yeah, it's his fault DK has been invisible since before February you know, despite Kase not playing until the 27th. :laugh:

its a lost cause, you'll never understand the simple logic that makes a play making center effective. If Krejci had a player like Glenn Murray out there you'd see a show

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
You would be thinking incorrectly. I am not even sure that's thinking at all. With no disrespect of course. His assist on the first goal last night was vintage. Hall of fame player who plays with chicken feed for five years now. Put Pasta on his wing for a period and shazamm, He looks great again. Funny how when they utilize his greatest talent which is play making, and put an actual goal scorer with him, He becomes great again. It amazes me how people dont understand the game enough to really understand it. That little move by Cassidy, just may be the wrinkle that can win them the cup. Especially if Kase can click somewhat with Bergie and Marchy.
Oooof.

Reactions: Dr Hook

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
its a lost cause, you'll never understand the simple logic that makes a play making center effective. If Krejci had a player like Glenn Murray out there you'd see a show

That's the point Jesse. He's not making any plays and hasn't been for weeks. No logic needed. Just honesty.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That's the point Jesse. He's not making any plays and hasn't been for weeks. No logic needed. Just honesty.

im just frustrated bc i already see the impending doom that is our secondary scoring. If Kase can score a few key goals that great but I see that line getting rolled over when they key in on Krejci

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
im just frustrated bc i already see the impending doom that is our secondary scoring. If Kase can score a few key goals that great but I see that line getting rolled over when they key in on Krejci

I agree with you 100%. Secondary scoring is key in the playoffs and the team needs Krejci to lead that charge since he's more than capable of doing it and is highly paid.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->