Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Don't take this the wrong way, but always blaming it on his wingers? I don't hold that as a completely valid excuse. There are other playmakers in the league who've I've watched play with third liners and fourth liners - Crosby, for example - and they've elevated those guys' abilities and made plays anyway. And I realize he's NOT Crosby, but when is it ok for a top 6 player to have only 13 goals at this late in the year? What's the excuse for him not scoring more? Forget the assists for a minute. Does he REALLY need the perfect wingers to pass to who can snipe every goal and also hit like freight trucks and clear up space for Krejci every time he's out there 5 on 5? Sounds like the lowest common denominator of the second line struggles is one guy in particular: The same one who's ALWAYS on that line. Krejci. (He's always struggled with Pasta too, so let's not act like everyone he's played with recently has been horrible.) Besides, Ritchie has been acknowledged by everyone on this board as a third liner to begin with; is it his fault that he's having to play with Krejci, simply to help the guy get some space with the puck?

Maybe Ritchie isn't a good fit for Krejci right now, and given his skating issues, i'm willing to believe that, and maybe Kase isn't looking too good either, but Jake and Krej weren't exactly doing well before this - except for last year, strangely enough.

Me? I think it's no coincidence that most of his points came earlier in the year. I think Krejci is feeling the fatigue and I do not see it as a failure to demote him AND the other two he plays with to third line minutes. It may help him to get away from top match ups a bit. His game isn't falling off of a cliff - YET. I don't see him as a Backes type. But the end is more in sight than some of us here want to admit, I think.

Krejci is aging but there is no way I'm making a determination of how productive he can be or if hes in major decline playing with Kase and Ritchie.

Reactions: JOKER 192

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If this were the playoffs right now, would his play be acceptable?

We're going to be in big trouble if our second line doesn't help with the scoring.

I hope everyone is right and he's just in another slump of his, but darn, I hope he snaps out of the slump in time for the playoffs. We've seen in the past how our first line gets shut down. Last year, Pasta said he had a "mental" thing going on in terms of scoring during the playoffs. Both these guys can't let this happen again this year- Bergy and Marchand can't do it all, and neither can the Coyle line. I'm just uneasy with the fact that at this point, even new linemates haven't helped him overcome this slump. Time will tell, I do hope Krejci surprises me and turns it up come playoff time.
It’s not your second line.

member 96824

Right now it seems Bruce is trying a few things out and seeing what sticks. It does appear that whatever line Coyle is on, at the moment, is getting the same TOI but more trusted with matchups. That’s huge, because if the Krejci line can click, it means you’re looking at them matching up against other 3rd lines in a 7 game series and wowza.

It’s a long season, coming off a 100 game long season..so I’m unsurprised to see dips in production and even in effort. Krejci’s earned them leash though..he’ll have it when the games are more meaningful.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Right now it seems Bruce is trying a few things out and seeing what sticks. It does appear that whatever line Coyle is on, at the moment, is getting the same TOI but more trusted with matchups. That’s huge, because if the Krejci line can click, it means you’re looking at them matching up against other 3rd lines in a 7 game series and wowza.

It’s a long season, coming off a 100 game long season..so I’m unsurprised to see dips in production and even in effort. Krejci’s earned them leash though..he’ll have it when the games are more meaningful.

As a positive and optimistic man, I like your attempted positive spin on it... but in a game like that, albeit rather meaningless, EVERYONE showed maximum effort in my eyes, with the exception of Krejci... and that's inexcusable.

member 96824

As a positive and optimistic man, I like your attempted positive spin on it... but in a game like that, albeit rather meaningless, EVERYONE showed maximum effort in my eyes, with the exception of Krejci... and that's inexcusable.

oh I 100% agree. That offsides referenced earlier had me give an audible “what the f*** Krejci” at the TV.

but I’m just saying, I trust he’ll have it when it really matters and I think the emergence of the Coyle line will make it easier for him to pop. If he doesn’t and makes me look like a fool, then so be it.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Two terrible plays late in the game, going offside
and losing the puck at CI. He has been playing
like his hips hurt again

He has played through numerous injuries in his career, most where undisclosed while he was going through them and every time fans like yourself choose to attack his effort.

Maybe, just maybe he's dealing with something? I mean he missed 5 games with an upper body issue earlier this year, and as recently as 6 weeks ago he missed a couple more, again with upper body issues.

Don't worry, I know full well no one here will let themselves be fooled by such nonsense...

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Can we say for sure the best "type" of player for Krejci to play with? I know Lucic-Krejci-Horton was the best line and then Iginla looked good right after but I don't think that means as a rule that he needs big power forwards to play with. Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder was great back in the day as well. His game is one that is extremely patient and cerebral, and he's of course much more of a playmaker. You would think that a player who plays a very simple game with the shooting talent to put the puck in the net would be the best fit, but that should be DeBrusk.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Come on man, he isn't sacrificing a couple of years
of salary and getting out of his ELC earlier.
You and I, nor anybody esle, has any idea what he would or would not have done and that's a fact.

You apparently would rather project your own feelings onto what you think Kyle Connor would have done. I, and many others, prefer to believe the insiders when they said he didn't want to be here, they knew something and you are just assuming Kyle thinks like you.

Anyway, this is the Krejci thread and this high-jacking has gone on too long so this will be my only post about this here...have a great day.

Last edited:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Can we say for sure the best "type" of player for Krejci to play with? I know Lucic-Krejci-Horton was the best line and then Iginla looked good right after but I don't think that means as a rule that he needs big power forwards to play with. Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder was great back in the day as well. His game is one that is extremely patient and cerebral, and he's of course much more of a playmaker. You would think that a player who plays a very simple game with the shooting talent to put the puck in the net would be the best fit, but that should be DeBrusk.
That should be Debrusk, but I think Debrusk’s personal performance is effecting that as well. Adding a bigger, puck possession guy on the right side seems like it would work for both JDB and DK, giving both guys more time and space on the ice.

Only RW capable of doing that is Coyle, but I don’t love the idea of taking him out of the middle. Another option could be Studnicka, if Bruins are willing to try him at wing.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't know man. Debrusk and Krejci don't seem to fit each other either. IT's frustrating. I can't say it's all Krejci's fault that his two guys aren't really scorers, though Sweeney's betting on Kase being one.

Limiting that line's minutes is still the solution to me. At least for the duration of the regular season. Let Coyle and Jake take some harder shifts for a bit while. I just worry that this is the exact same production we can expect from the playoffs.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Marchand Krejci Pasta was really good

But Cassidy wont break up Marchand and Bergeron

Reactions: BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Did people really think Krejci was back on track because he picked up two secondary assists last week? I swear, this board and points. Does Krejci look like Krejci right now? It's not about his wingers, his struggles go back to him playing with DeBrusk, and Kase averages more points than any RW Krejci has played with regularly in 5 years. It's about him making plays, playing with confidence, carrying the puck with confidence, outthinking everyone on the ice... He's just, not himself right now. I'm hoping and praying it's just a slump but at 3 points in 13 games it's one heck of a slump.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What a difference a year makes for Krejci. Look at Marchand - Krejci - Pasta soaring chances last year vs this year...

Last year For: 76 / Against: 45
This year For: 38 / Against: 53
People don't appreciate what Bergeron brings to that line. Marchand/Pasta even though they still produce regardless are becoming much more risky players as their reputation grows. They need Bergeron's stability to complement them.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
People don't appreciate what Bergeron brings to that line. Marchand/Pasta even though they still produce regardless are becoming much more risky players as their reputation grows. They need Bergeron's stability to complement them.

He's more of a shooter too. I think that compliments them better, especially Marchand, who loves that quick bump pass to Bergeron in the slot for a 1timer.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Did people really think Krejci was back on track because he picked up two secondary assists last week? I swear, this board and points. Does Krejci look like Krejci right now? It's not about his wingers, his struggles go back to him playing with DeBrusk, and Kase averages more points than any RW Krejci has played with regularly in 5 years. It's about him making plays, playing with confidence, carrying the puck with confidence, outthinking everyone on the ice... He's just, not himself right now. I'm hoping and praying it's just a slump but at 3 points in 13 games it's one heck of a slump.

I think Krejci is fine and you're definitely right that hoping an praying is the best strategy to get him out of a slump with Ritchie and Kase on his wing.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I agree. I've always felt Krejci needs a smart LW who passes well. Lucic was a very underrated passer, Wheeler was a terrific passer. They were smart too, they could understand what he was doing and work cycles and give/go's off the walls. Heinen had moments where he looked great on Krejci's wing, but he was inconsistent and lacked the coach's trust. Cehlarik too, looked spectacular at times but would fade.

DeBrusk passed a lot his first year year and there seemed like there was going to be some chemistry there, but then in JDB's second year, his game changed. He never passed, he tried to take it to the net by himself every time he got the puck. That's when I started saying there was a disconnect between Jake and Krech, that they didn't have chemistry. But I thought Jake had found a better balance mid-way through this year. He was passing and shooting, using his teammates and creating scoring chances off passing plays. Then they both suddenly went ice cold.

Ritchie has some of the qualities that work with Krejci. He's a good passer, he can be a smart player, he's got a great shot when he uses it. I can see why they're trying both him with Krech, but David hasn't been himself, and Ritchie's adjusting.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think Krejci is fine and you're definitely right that hoping an praying is the best strategy to get him out of a slump with Ritchie and Kase on his wing.

Come on, even Krejci's biggest fan has to admit that coughing up a puck and falling on his face is distinctly un-Krejci-like. I haven't seen him screw up like that in 13 years. Are you going to blame that on Ritchie and Kase too?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Come on, even Krejci's biggest fan has to admit that coughing up a puck and falling on his face is distinctly un-Krejci-like. I haven't seen him screw up like that in 13 years. Are you going to blame that on Ritchie and Kase too?

Kase and Ritchie to me are not the answer just like any of the other 22 attempts or so. I give krejci props for dealing with this. I just dont think the latest round of top 6 JAGs they are trying are any serious attempt to contend. The arguments of putting 20-30 point players in the top 6 just dont make sense to me

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
He’s gotta play better. I expect more out of him. We need more production out of him. The whole line not just him everybody.

Of course. But he's playing with a line combo that's existed for about 5 minutes, and which isn't even consistent as Cassidy's still playing around and changing it during games. It's not just 1 new winger, it's 2, most of the time, so it's simply not going to gel overnight and expecting Krejci to make that happen is unrealistic. It didn't happen with Coyle and MoJo last year either - things weren't helped by Johansson getting injured, but the pair didn't really start to be effective until late March. It takes time.

Like I said, absolutely Krejci's going to need to lift his game by the playoffs, and his line is going to have to find a way to produce because if it doesn't the Bruins are in strife. That's worth talking about, not denying it, but it just feels like the last couple of weeks on the board have been a rising tide of 'Krejci Krejci Krejci' that, given the timing, suggests heat on a guy because there has to be somebody to ride particularly hard, and it's his turn.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I agree. I've always felt Krejci needs a smart LW who passes well. Lucic was a very underrated passer, Wheeler was a terrific passer. They were smart too, they could understand what he was doing and work cycles and give/go's off the walls. Heinen had moments where he looked great on Krejci's wing, but he was inconsistent and lacked the coach's trust. Cehlarik too, looked spectacular at times but would fade.

DeBrusk passed a lot his first year year and there seemed like there was going to be some chemistry there, but then in JDB's second year, his game changed. He never passed, he tried to take it to the net by himself every time he got the puck. That's when I started saying there was a disconnect between Jake and Krech, that they didn't have chemistry. But I thought Jake had found a better balance mid-way through this year. He was passing and shooting, using his teammates and creating scoring chances off passing plays. Then they both suddenly went ice cold.

Ritchie has some of the qualities that work with Krejci. He's a good passer, he can be a smart player, he's got a great shot when he uses it. I can see why they're trying both him with Krech, but David hasn't been himself, and Ritchie's adjusting.

stepdad.JPG

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Reactions: PlayMakers

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Who does he even match up with right now? Hasn’t looked good w Ritchie and Kase. Not Debrusk or pasta either....I’d go with Jake and kase w coyle and go up against other line 2s. Not even sure who to try w Krejci now? Kuraly and Bjork? Then throw Ritchie on the 4th line w Lindholm and Wagner?

unbelievably we are still short a forward after the deadline

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: