Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Poor David being forced to play with lesser guys. Except for last year where he played a ton with Pasta and Marchand. And his lowly winger JDB that DK has been saddled with sucks so much that in his 3 short seasons in the league, he's barely managed to average .31 gpg or nearly 25 and a half goals in an 82 game season. That must be an incredible burden for David. What a huge cross for this guy to bear.

I stand with Krejci. It's all the fault of his garbage wingers, and the GM. They hate him, clearly. Except that they've gone out and gotten him players like Horton, Iginla, Eriksson, Beleskey, Nash, Backes, Ritchie, Kase, Ritchie (to name a few) in recent years, to get him some help. And they've raided the top line for Pasta. Some have worked most have not, but either way, it's not DK's fault. The team is screwing him. Well, except for all the players they've tried to give him, the assets they've spent doing so, and the fat stacks of money they pay him every year despite this guy's consistency issues.
What a condescending post ignoring a lot of points, but I'll bite. Are you wilfully going to ignore the nagging injuries that Krejci has had over his career that are a big reason for his week to week inconsistencies? Even so, his career PPG is .75, and guess what? He varies from .68 to .90 over his past 12 seasons, which is a fairly consistent year to year.

Next, how can you possibly, with a straight face, include Brett Ritchie, Matt Beleseky, and David Backes while trying to argue the point that the team has tried to get him talent to play with, then including loui Eriksson who they refused to play with him except for one season (and guess how many points Eriksson got that season)? To the surprise to absolutely no one, the best players that you listed in your post (Horton, Iginla, Nash) were the players that Krejci played best with, and they combined for a total of 4 and a half seasons with the Bruins out of his 13 year career.

Either way, Krejci has elevated mediocre players his entire career in Boston, then when hes finally starting to slow down we think it's too much to ask for a couple of decent guys to play with him? And no, having one good winger (DeBrusk) out of two isn't enough.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What a condescending post ignoring a lot of points, but I'll bite. Are you wilfully going to ignore the nagging injuries that Krejci has had over his career that are a big reason for his week to week inconsistencies? Even so, his career PPG is .75, and guess what? He varies from .68 to .90 over his past 12 seasons, which is a fairly consistent year to year.

Next, how can you possibly, with a straight face, include Brett Ritchie, Matt Beleseky, and David Backes while trying to argue the point that the team has tried to get him talent to play with, then including loui Eriksson who they refused to play with him except for one season (and guess how many points Eriksson got that season)? To the surprise to absolutely no one, the best players that you listed in your post (Horton, Iginla, Nash) were the players that Krejci played best with, and they combined for a total of 4 and a half seasons with the Bruins out of his 13 year career.

Either way, Krejci has elevated mediocre players his entire career in Boston, then when hes finally starting to slow down we think it's too much to ask for a couple of decent guys to play with him? And no, having one good winger (DeBrusk) out of two isn't enough.

Thank you for playing, and trust me when I say that this isn't intended to be condescending at all. It's just the reality of trying to have an honest discussion about this player.

Yes, I am more than aware of his numbers and PPG averages, since I brought them up earlier. For example, this year he's averaging .70 ppg, which is well within the range of his normal year, like you said. When you look at this 20 game stretch where he's played with mostly the same players as earlier, the PPG average is .50, which is a big drop from even his typical season. Which means that he's averaging .70 PPG this season despite the suckage that he's been for the last 20 games, so his play has really dropped off from the start of the season until now. That's a precipitous drop. Not sure why that's hard to accept or admit, when it's obvious if you look at his actual stats or his stat averages.

So he was able to elevate those same crappy players earlier this year, but hasn't been able to since the end of January. The big question is why? Is he hurt? Is he disinterested? Is he going through something personal stuff at home? Hard to say why, just that the team needs him to be the guy from earlier this year and not who he's been lately. That's why I started my post today in this thread and another one saying I'd put JDB and Kase with Coyle and make them the second line, at least until DK showed me something. Didn't think it was going to be 3 pages of controversy, but that's what happens when you say even the slightest bit of a negative about this guy.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Didn't think it was going to be 3 pages of controversy, but that's what happens when you say even the slightest bit of a negative about this guy.

There are certain binky players. I get the same thing (and so do a couple of others) if I post anything negative about Chara's game. It is hard for some to see criticisms as something less than trashing the player. Krejci is a very good hockey player. He is a large part of the Bruins success. He is also having a tough stretch where he has not been very good. I never understood why that is a problem to observe or acknowledge. Saying he is having a rough patch is a far cry from saying the guy sucks and shouldn't be on the team. You'd think, anyway.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
There are certain binky players. I get the same thing (and so do a couple of others) if I post anything negative about Chara's game. It is hard for some to see criticisms as something less than trashing the player. Krejci is a very good hockey player. He is a large part of the Bruins success. He is also having a tough stretch where he has not been very good. I never understood why that is a problem to observe or acknowledge. Saying he is having a rough patch is a far cry from saying the guy sucks and shouldn't be on the team. You'd think, anyway.

I've hit the panic button since the trade deadline, I don't like what I see at all bc we all knew the weakness last year, the year before the year before etc was RW. It was not addressed again and will be their downfall again. This to me is not acceptable.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I've hit the panic button since the trade deadline, I don't like what I see at all bc we all knew the weakness last year, the year before the year before etc was RW. It was not addressed again and will be their downfall again. This to me is not acceptable.

That's just silly.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I don't entirely disagree with you on this- though I am not prepared to say it is a lost cause. The new guys are still new guys and are not the kinds of highly talented players that hit the ground running and never miss a step. Maybe the answer is a young player like Bjork or Senyshyn. Whatever it is, I want to see the best DK we can, because whoever is on his wings, he is good enough to make them better. He hasn't been great lately- you can blame his linemates when you see him making things happen that they do nothing with, and we've seen plenty of that in the past, but of late he hasn't really been doing that. I expect he will get his game in gear- all players have slumps.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Spot on.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Do you think playoff defenses are going to worry about being lit up by Kase and Ritchie if they key in on Krejci and shut him down? Not at all.

The beauty of this, though, is if they put their best defense on the Bergeron line and their next best on Krejci, Coyle is going to tear them apart.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Do you think playoff defenses are going to worry about being lit up by Kase and Ritchie if they key in on Krejci and shut him down? Not at all.

Are they worried about them now?

Anyway, if Kase and Ritchie continue to show zero production it won't be an issue because they won't be playing.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
MIA since the start of February?

DK has been invisible since before February

despite the suckage that he's been for the last 20 games.....but hasn't been able to since the end of January

If you want to have an HONEST conversation about a player you have to start by being honest yourself.

He missed the 1/16 and 1/19 games against the Penguins with an upper body injury, then he came back for the Vegas game just before the break. Here are his numbers through the first 6 games of your "20 game" stretch.

1/21 - 1+1=2
1/31 - 0+0=0
2/01 - 0+2=2
2/04 - 1+0=1
2/05 - 0+1=1
2/08 - 0+1=1

So when you say he has been invisible since before February what exactly do you mean, because producing points at a rate slightly above a point per game is NOT invisible.

You have clearly stretched his poor play out to 20 games just to match your agenda, why lie if you have such a valid argument?

Sincerely,
a ball washing Krejci fan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Coyle to me is the 2nd line center, way better 5 on 5. Krech is at the end if his career and is still good on the power play where he gets most of points. Build a 2nd line around Coyle.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Coyle to me is the 2nd line center, way better 5 on 5. Krech is at the end if his career and is still good on the power play where he gets most of points. Build a 2nd line around Coyle.

I'm sorry what? Since the 2017-2018 season roughly 26% of Krejci's points have come via the PP. The guy in front of him on the depth chart is at 34% of his points on the PP. Are you going to tell me that Bergeron gets most of his points on the PP?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I'm sorry what? Since the 2017-2018 season roughly 26% of Krejci's points have come via the PP. The guy in front of him on the depth chart is at 34% of his points on the PP. Are you going to tell me that Bergeron gets most of his points on the PP?[/QUOTE]
Nah he gets most of them from empty netters

Reactions: Dr Hook

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you want to have an HONEST conversation about a player you have to start by being honest yourself.

He missed the 1/16 and 1/19 games against the Penguins with an upper body injury, then he came back for the Vegas game just before the break. Here are his numbers through the first 6 games of your "20 game" stretch.

1/21 - 1+1=2
1/31 - 0+0=0
2/01 - 0+2=2
2/04 - 1+0=1
2/05 - 0+1=1
2/08 - 0+1=1

So when you say he has been invisible since before February what exactly do you mean, because producing points at a rate slightly above a point per game is NOT invisible.

You have clearly stretched his poor play out to 20 games just to match your agenda, why lie if you have such a valid argument?

Sincerely,
a ball washing Krejci fan

You've taken the 20 games out of context intentionally and I don't appreciate it. The 20 games was in reference to goals scored. As in he has 1 goal in his last 18 games and 2 in his last 20. I get the counter to that will be the typical bullshit like DK isn't here to score goals, and on the surface that seems reasonable, but it's not. His career GPG average is .23, which means he scores a goal every 4 ish games. So you can see the 2 in 20 is way off even that pace. And it gets worse if you look at the 1 in his last 18 games. You can pick which number you like, it makes no difference to me since it's factual and neither paints a very good picture.

But even so, let's talk about points since he's a set up man. Are his 9 points in his last 18 games up to snuff for you? Do you think that kind of production is what he's capable of or should he be providing more? And I get the straw man counter to that will be that he's got shit to play with, because that's what it always is with this guy and his fanbois. Which is why I pointed out that earlier in the season, he was still very productive and producing a lot more than now. So why was he able to do that early but has dropped off the cliff the last 18 or 20 games? There is no answer for that, is there?

Which is why I said he's either hurt, bored, or has some personal stuff going on, and either way, the team needs him to get back to his prior level if they want to realistically compete for a cup.

Ironically, the agenda I have is for him to produce and be his usual self, which apparently is me hating on the player. Typical hockey futures bullshit. Can't debate or discuss this guy honestly without a faction of the fans to get their panties in a bunch.

Reactions: Krupp

member 96824

It's sad actually, instead of going all in with a group proven that they can make a finals run we get fans relishing in Krejci struggling. Enjoy that Presidents Trophy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Krupp

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't think anyone is RELISHING a great Bruin's struggles....

I do think some of us just get tired of seeing him put on a pedestal for greatness when he's as much to blame for second line struggles as much as the guys he plays with. I said it before but it takes THREE guys on one line to make a really great line; that's what separates it from being just a great DUO like Marchand and Bergeron were for awhile, before Pastrnak joined them

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't think anyone is RELISHING a great Bruin's struggles....

I do think some of us just get tired of seeing him put on a pedestal for greatness when he's as much to blame for second line struggles as much as the guys he plays with. I said it before but it takes THREE guys on one line to make a really great line; that's what separates it from being just a great DUO like Marchand and Bergeron were for awhile, before Pastrnak joined them

I disagree completely, but what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad