Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
when is he going to be ready? He and Coyle would be 2a and 2b.
I have no idea. I was asking. I live 10 mins outside Providence just haven’t made it to a PB’s game yet. I haven’t read anything on Studnicka suggesting he’s ready for 2nd line center duties in the NHL

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Toffoli I think would of been a perfect winger for Krejci but Ive never have been a big fan of him with Debrusk. Krejci likes to be the Alpha dog unless he's with Pasta and Marchand and Debrusk is an unleashed dog when he's on the ice, bad match
Toffoli looks really good in Vancouver.
Bjork - Krejci - Toffoli
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Toffoli looks really good in Vancouver.
Bjork - Krejci - Toffoli
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

This sounds good, hopefully Toffoli does not want to stay in Vancouver. Krech never does well with fast players, DeBrusk and now Kase.
Toffoli is not a burner but more of an up and down the wing guy, in the mold of Horton.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Ah, it's that time of the year when bunch of people want to move a consistent 60+ point 2C for picks and prospects. Then we can spend those picks and prospects and some extra to desperately try to trade for another 60 point center at the deadline.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
There is very little difference between the effectiveness
of Coyle and Krejci. Facts are DK has looked poor the last 8-9 games. Coyle has had stretches of 2-3 games maybe 2 times where he has been invisible or poor. This is a prolonged stretch for DK and its something to watch
out for.
Perception and reality don’t always jive…

In his first 16 games of the year Coyle went 1+3=4 and had a 6-game pointless streak.
From December 5th through January 4th he played 15 games with 1+3=4 and a 7-game pointless streak.

Coyle’s 3 longest stretches of pointless play were 4,6 and 7 games.
Krejci’s 3 longest stretches were 4,4 and 5 games.

Despite the fact that Krejci gets the tougher match ups, with a revolving door on his wing, he is still better.

Also, I didn't mention this before, because it always gets pushed aside, but Krejci has been out of the line up a number of times this season, maybe he is not 100%?

Reactions: Kegs and 13Hockey

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Goal drought is at 14 games now, the scary part to me is he only has 17 shots on net during that time frame. Guess I'm a bit more of a pessimist than most, because this doesn't seem like a regular slump to me.
I’m am a glass ¾’s full kind of guy…I’m not worried at all.

He has never been known for his goal scoring and even in his best seasons he has had long stretches without scoring a goal. Just last season, which was his career best statistically, he still had two long goalless stretches, one was 11 games and the other was 18.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Post a link from one reputable scource saying
Kyle Connor told ANYONE he would stay in school
four years.

Connor was clearly ready for top 6 AHL duty
after his Fr year and he wasn't risking his career
staying at Michigan. You're delusional.
Yet again you missed the main point. The point is he didn't want to sign with the Bruins. If the Bruins had drafted him the chances of him staying 4 years would have been really high if he didn't want to sign with them.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yet again you missed the main point. The point is he didn't want to sign with the Bruins. If the Bruins had drafted him the chances of him staying 4 years would have been really high if he didn't want to sign with them.

Doubt that, a player like Connor would be giving up 3 years of NHL salary not to mention seniority. Not a smart move for a player of that ilk.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Studnicka is ready for what? 2nd line center?

Im of the belief (as others have mentioned here) Coyle is most effective at 3C

Coyle in his prime with Bergeron still Bergeron is the best time to bring in Stud.

Can’t keep him in the AHL forever, it’s not best for his development.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Where do you point that as a fact?

I have a tough time seeing Connor picking Winnipeg over Boston

Reactions: Estlin

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Where do you point that as a fact?

I have a tough time seeing Connor picking Winnipeg over Boston
The word on the street, from insiders here at the time of that draft, was that he did not do well in his pre-draft interview with the Bruins. More then one insider suggested it was deliberate on Connors behalf, stating that he did not want to play for Julien. The impression was that he would not sign here if they drafted him.

But hey, it's not in an article so go ahead and blow it off....

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Coyle in his prime with Bergeron still Bergeron is the best time to bring in Stud.

Can’t keep him in the AHL forever, it’s not best for his development.
He is in his first season as a pro and has only played 57 games in the AHL...maybe calm down a bit on the forever crap.

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Some crazy takes in this thread...Coyle has proven repeatedly through-out his career that he plays his best hockey centering the 3rd line and yet many of you want him moved up like he will be some force.

As for poor David, he has been getting the more difficult match ups and a complete Whitmans sampler pack on his wings and still has outproduced Coyle in less games.

I struggle to see a declining player but rather see a player who had a small slump. Last season he had a career year with (.902/gm) and through his first 47 games he had 39 points (.830/gm normal carer pace) but then had 1 point through 9 games. Of course Debrusk, Heinen and Kuhlman all went cold during that stretch as well.

Now he is given the two new guys to babysit as they get acclimated and Jake has been demoted to the 3rd line. Net result, Krejci now has 2 points in his last 3 games...back to career pace and had a great game against Dallas as well.

I know we won't, but I bet we can put the pitch forks and torches away for now...
I like this post...although I'm not so sure 2 assists in his last 3 games indicates his slump is over, time will tell I guess.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The word on the street, from insiders here at the time of that draft, was that he did not do well in his pre-draft interview with the Bruins. More then one insider suggested it was deliberate on Connors behalf, stating that he did not want to play for Julien. The impression was that he would not sign here if they drafted him.

But hey, it's not in an article so go ahead and blow it off....

That’s not facts

He is in his first season as a pro and has only played 57 games in the AHL...maybe calm down a bit on the forever crap.

Next year is his +4 season already.

The list of current top young C’s developed the same around the list is extremely short.
Basically zero.

You don’t hold him down because of anyone who doesn’t belong to Bostons longterm plans

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
That’s not facts
Like I said, it's not in an article so you will choose to ignore it. I don't need it to be in an article for it to be true and I really don't give a crap what you choose to believe.

To be clear I'm not supporting the claim he would have stayed in school for 4 years, but I am very confident he did not want to sign with Boston. Just like Dougie, if you read the right posts around here you knew he was not going to resign, heck the same posters told us from day one he never wanted to come here in the first place.

I trust our insider information...

Reactions: Lady Rhian

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Lol, you're are crazy.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Perception and reality don’t always jive…

In his first 16 games of the year Coyle went 1+3=4 and had a 6-game pointless streak.
From December 5th through January 4th he played 15 games with 1+3=4 and a 7-game pointless streak.

Coyle’s 3 longest stretches of pointless play were 4,6 and 7 games.
Krejci’s 3 longest stretches were 4,4 and 5 games.

Despite the fact that Krejci gets the tougher match ups, with a revolving door on his wing, he is still better.

Also, I didn't mention this before, because it always gets pushed aside, but Krejci has been out of the line up a number of times this season, maybe he is not 100%?

I'm not talking points. Its quality of play. C

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Maybe he's just getting old and declining, but it doesn't really feel like that. He just looks like he couldn't give two shits about winning. There's no energy or desperation in his game. Right now, he goes out, plays at 50% effort, and collects a paycheck.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Maybe he's just getting old and declining, but it doesn't really feel like that. He just looks like he couldn't give two shits about winning. There's no energy or desperation in his game. Right now, he goes out, plays at 50% effort, and collects a paycheck.

He should have turned Ritchie and Kase into top players by now. What the heck. How dare he

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Really? I’m not seeing that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->