Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
All I know when playoff time comes around Dk turns into a beast and leads our team in playoff scoring. No big deal I guess get rid of him yup.
actually, he turns into a playoff beast 1/3 of the time, preforms at level similar to his regular season performance 1/3 of the time and is a playoff ghost 1/3 of the time.

Reactions: chizzler

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
actually, he turns into a playoff beast 1/3 of the time, preforms at level similar to his regular season performance 1/3 of the time and is a playoff ghost 1/3 of the time.

There's some truth in that, although I'd argue there's only been a couple of POs when he's been outright ordinary. Every other time he's been at least serviceable, and the proof of that is in the fact of his playoff PPG average being slightly higher than both Bergeron's and Marchand's. Krej is Boston's best PO forward of the last decade, although Pasta has of course gone to another level to everybody else in the last 3 years.

Most importantly, can he still bring it when it really counts? Who knows, but given his most recent PO performance in the bubble, when he was very good against Carolina but just as blah as pretty much everyone else against Tampa, I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Krejci making that pass to Horton in game 7 vs Tampa is one of the most clutch momemts in bruins history.
You just gave me goosebumps reading that because you're correct. Andrew Ference made that play though. Krejci just used Horton's stick to score.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci playing with Jarri Kurri and Esa Tikkanen this year actually ahead of his all time best assist PPG

60 point player over 80 games don’t grow on trees

the top center FA class - Barkov, Couturier, Reinhart etc aren’t out till next year

Reactions: 13Hockey

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Krejci playing with Jarri Kurri and Esa Tikkanen this year actually ahead of his all time best assist PPG

60 point player over 80 games don’t grow on trees

the top center FA class - Barkov, Couturier, Reinhart etc aren’t out till next year

For the longest time I thought this year would be it for Krejci. But with Studnicka's development a little bit stalled with all the shuffling he's done the past year, and the Bruins struggles to produce offense, if both parties are interested in continuing this relationship, how can the Bruins justify telling Krejci "thanks but no thanks"? One-year or two-year deal tops. Like you said the big center fish are 2022 UFAs, and this years UFA crop overall isn't anything to write home about either at any position.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Dude disappears quite a bit. Has been for a while. As Krejci goes, so don’t the Bruins. Guy doesn’t mesh with anyone. He needs to move and skate with his faster line mates.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
He's and easy scapegoat. But he's 0.75 PPG career regular season and 0.79 post season. He'll be missed if/when he moves on.
It's a straight up fact Sweeney has failed to get the team top 6 depth after trading Lucic, Iginla walking and Eriksson's last good year.. That's a long time, unfortunately all during Bergeron's prime.

16-17 Backes-Krejci-Spooner
17-18 DeBrusk-Krejci-Spooner
18-19 DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
19-20 DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
20-21 Smith-Krejci-Ritchie

2nd line did look excellent last night so let's hope it continues. But those other combos from the past are like "are we even trying to win?"

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Dude disappears quite a bit. Has been for a while. As Krejci goes, so don’t the Bruins. Guy doesn’t mesh with anyone. He needs to move and skate with his faster line mates.

10 points in his last 9 games and has turned Nick Ritchie into a fan favorite after everyone wanted him waived

Reactions: Mainehockey33

BUP

Sep 6, 2017
10 points in his last 9 games and has turned Nick Ritchie into a fan favorite after everyone wanted him waived
Let's make it ten games. His big production came against NJ and Buffalo in two games. I'm a huge Krecji fan but I'd like to see him play consistently well against the better teams in our division, which in the last ten games his stats would indicate otherwise.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
funny how this whole team can look like utter dogshit against bad teams in New Jersey & Buffalo, but if Krejci elevates his game and helps the team survive those games people will instantly discredit him by saying "but those points were against bad teams!".

I mean nobody else is exactly lighting it up against those teams.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
funny how this whole team can look like utter dogshit against bad teams in New Jersey & Buffalo, but if Krejci elevates his game and helps the team survive those games people will instantly discredit him by saying "but those points were against bad teams!".

I mean nobody else is exactly lighting it up against those teams.

Krejci will have a huge market this offseason. teams know how good he is.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i just hope the people saying Krejci's points against bad teams don't matter are also in the GDT saying last night's win was no big deal.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Let's make it ten games. His big production came against NJ and Buffalo in two games. I'm a huge Krecji fan but I'd like to see him play consistently well against the better teams in our division, which in the last ten games his stats would indicate otherwise.

Team
Div Rank
(P%)
P/GP
Washington​
1​
0.75​
New York Islanders​
2​
0.25​
Pittsburgh Penguins​
3​
0.25​
Philadelphia Flyers​
5​
1.25​
New York Rangers​
6​
0.75​
New Jersey Devils​
7​
0.67​
Buffalo Sabres​
8​
2.00​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

NYI and PIT have given him problems this year, but outside of that he's done well P/GP wise against the rest of the division.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
He's and easy scapegoat. But he's 0.75 PPG career regular season and 0.79 post season. He'll be missed if/when he moves on.
It's a straight up fact Sweeney has failed to get the team top 6 depth after trading Lucic, Iginla walking and Eriksson's last good year.. That's a long time, unfortunately all during Bergeron's prime.

2nd line did look excellent last night so let's hope it continues. But those other combos from the past are like "are we even trying to win?"
It's remarkable what he has done with 1 (if not 2) black holes on his lines over the last 5-6 seasons. He has had every right to go off on the incompetence of his line mates and management for providing him with that personnel, but he has kept his mouth shut and played.

I'd still trade him, as this team isn't going anywhere and has struggled just to pull 2 wins out of their asses in the 3rd periods against 2 of the worst teams in the league. Unfortunately, I'm convinced that the Jacobs family will prevent Krejci from being dealt, much like I'm convinced they prevented Eriksson from being dealt in 2016.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ve been loud in my criticism of DK over the years, but other than not scoring this year, his play has not been an issue at all, if anything, been consistently strong

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Lets compare linemates for the ones that like to point to Bergeron to bash Krejci:

16-17 Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
17-18 Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
18-19 Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
19-20 Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
20-21 Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Even more impressive when you compare ES points in that span:

Krejci - 49-119-168
Bergeron - 73-94-167

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
DK is on the downside of a very good career and excellent peformer in the playoffs.
I cannot see anyone giving him more than a 2 year deal and no more than 3-4 million a year.
He is a third line center now on most teams now.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
DK is on the downside of a very good career and excellent peformer in the playoffs.
I cannot see anyone giving him more than a 2 year deal and no more than 3-4 million a year.

I think Krejci slots right into a role for a playoff team lacking a center. he plays the 2 way game and has an incredible hockey IQ which makes his game translate well in his late 30s. Coyle is 3C maybe with his production

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
If this were a full season he would be on pace of a 61-62 point season. That is one hell of a third liner.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
he's the 37th ranked center in the league this year in points per game. If most team's 2nd line centers are better than him wouldn't he be ranked in the 60's somewhere (31 first line centers + 31 2nd line centers in the NHL).

I swear people keep saying shit like this and it's just flat out wrong if you spend even 10 seconds actually looking beyond this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad