Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Still a little bizarre to me why they've never tried Marchand with Krejci with all the offensive issues they've had since like 2015. Pastrnak benefits a ton from Bergeron's defensive ability, so I'd leave those two together for the time being. Krejci however clearly would benefit from an actual elite offensive player on his wing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci at .67 PPG with no Pastrnak or Marchand as wingers

Yah, let’s get rid of him and tell Florida we are entitled to your guy Barkov because we are original 6. Eddie Shore, Bobby Orr, Chara.

Krejci DeBrusk a number 1 and you have to take Moore

esmith3283

Feb 14, 2010
Still a little bizarre to me why they've never tried Marchand with Krejci with all the offensive issues they've had since like 2015. Pastrnak benefits a ton from Bergeron's defensive ability, so I'd leave those two together for the time being. Krejci however clearly would benefit from an actual elite offensive player on his wing.

When we look back on this era this to me will be the missed opportunity. Not just break up the first line and spread the wealth but let it simmer for a good 10 days accepting the likely stumbling as chemistry isn't quite there. The bruins have had absurd regular season positioning the last few years where they could have afforded to give this an honest shot even if it didn't work out. This would have impacted 63/37/88 numbers no doubt but would have been for the greater good.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
When we look back on this era this to me will be the missed opportunity. Not just break up the first line and spread the wealth but let it simmer for a good 10 days accepting the likely stumbling as chemistry isn't quite there. The bruins have had absurd regular season positioning the last few years where they could have afforded to give this an honest shot even if it didn't work out. This would have impacted 63/37/88 numbers no doubt but would have been for the greater good.
I used to think breaking up the big line was the way to go but now I’m not sure . Sure , Krejci’s offence gets a boost but Bergeron’s will likely decline . I don’t think Bergeron can be expected to do the heavy lifting at this point in his career .

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Both guys want to carry the puck.

One at top speed, the other in slow motion.

Besides, Marchand and Bergeron are the perfect pair.

esmith3283

Feb 14, 2010
Both guys want to carry the puck.

One at top speed, the other in slow motion.

Besides, Marchand and Bergeron are the perfect pair.

I actually agree with both of these points and yet still think there could be an overall net benefit. Make no mistake - this is more a reflection of Bergeron and Marchands ability to more likely succeed wherever they are vs. Krejci (coming from a huge Krejci fan).

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Such a shame. Really feels like we wasted the last 5 years of one of the Bruins all-time greats.

No doubt. I don't feel too bad for Krej personally though. For sure he deserved better wingers over the years but at the same time he knew that by staying on in Boston he was always going to be behind Bergeron, and therefore would rarely get to work with the best forwards on the team. He could have gone elsewhere or at least explored the possibility of a trade at some point, so you can only assume that by not doing so he's always been at least fairly satisfied with his situation and role with the Bruins. Strikes me as one of those guys who values being in a good and comfortable environment, both in terms of the team and in providing stability for his family, over chasing an elevated role or extra mins. Can't fault him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad