Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Cam needs to sit down with Krejci in his office and implore him to stylistically make some adjustments. Krejci needs to shoot the puck more .
Organizationally they ALL need to shoot more.

How many chances I saw skated in, missed or stolen pass and didn't even get a shot on net.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was hoping he would elevate his play after having his best game of the year buy sadly not the case. Sometimes Ritchie looks great then he vanishes and Smith is as they say in hockey - All Swedish and No Finnish. I would like to see a real scorer on that line, Jake has struggled huge this year. I hope he has turned the corner. At least with him it was mental and he can still skate and shoot. Krech is getting to that age that it starts to fall off quickly. Lets get him a legit scorer to help him out.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I like how people in this thread keep saying krejci needs to shoot more, like thats this teams problem. Krejci has needed to shoot more for the last 10 years. Ummm, hes not going to shoot more. Hes going to keep doing what hes done his whole career. Maybe some other guys should shoot more. Or shoot better, id take either, but lets not pretend krejci should turn into glen murray when hes been adam oates his whole career

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yep David being David. The guy has been the top scorer 2 times when it counts and the guy sucks? Call him Rodney Dagerfield.

Reactions: Kalus

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This has to be one of the most hot & cold player thread haha.

He looked better tonight for sure, but it’s Buffalo. I’m happy to see his legs moving like they were tonight, and like they have been the past few.

Sure he’d be better with better line mates but he also should be capable of lifting line mates up. He’s had a tough year, he’s missed a little time, but overall he’s looked bad more than he’s looked good.

He’s starting to look better now. I hope he can start stringing together some games like tonight’s.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This has to be one of the most hot & cold player thread haha.

He looked better tonight for sure, but it’s Buffalo. I’m happy to see his legs moving like they were tonight, and like they have been the past few.

Sure he’d be better with better line mates but he also should be capable of lifting line mates up. He’s had a tough year, he’s missed a little time, but overall he’s looked bad more than he’s looked good.

He’s starting to look better now. I hope he can start stringing together some games like tonight’s.
What line mates of his have ever looked better with another center?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Another scoring milestone secured, David Krejci continues to carve out legacy as one of Bruins' most unsung stars | Boston Sports Journal

For years, Krejci’s playmaking prowess was properly utilized when paired alongside premier power forwards or proven snipers — whether that be the highly effective Lucic-Krejci-Horton triumvirate or the potent partnership he formed with Jarome Iginla in his lone season with Boston. But since that 2013-14 season, it’s been far from a guarantee for Krejci when it comes to gaining traction with a regular cast and crew.

The following year (2014-15) Krejci was part of 10 (!) different forward lines that logged at least 15 minutes of 5v5 ice time together — led by a combination featuring Milan Lucic and Seth Griffith as his wingers. Yeesh.

In 2015-16, Krejci was part of seven different forward lines with that same amount of ice time.

2016-17? A whopping 17 (!!) different forward combinations with at least 15 minutes of ice time — with most of those reps doled out alongside wingers like David Backes, Ryan Spooner, Frank Vatrano, Matt Beleskey and Drew Stafford. Woof.

2017-18? 14 different line combinations.
2018-19? 14 once again.
2019-20? 12 line combos through 70 games played.

And so far this season, Krejci has been the man in the middle of five different lines with at least 15 minutes of 5v5 action together — with the DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith combination serving as the latest mix that Bruce Cassidy hopes will spark more consistent scoring out of that top-six unit.

But despite that lack of stability — and proven goal scorers beyond, say, DeBrusk, Smith (in a small sample size this year) and perhaps Rick Nash back in 2018 (another unfortunately small sample size thanks to Cedric Paquette) — Krejci posted the following point totals in those six full seasons.

2014-15: 31 points in 47 games
2015-16: 63 points in 72 games
2016-17: 54 points in 82 games
2017-18: 44 points in 64 games
2018-19: 73 points in 81 games
2019-20: 43 points in 61 games

And when have you ever heard him complain about his musical chairs arrangement? I haven't, ever.

That doesn't even take into account Playoff Krejci, either.

He's been a really good Bruin.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For the DK fans taking a victory lap after his 3 point night against Buffalo, it seems a little premature, IMO. The game last night was great, but he needs to string a bunch of games like last night together before I start thumping my chest over it. Maybe not 3 points every time, but more so the level of involvement and engagement within the game. I mean, if you as his fans can't be honest enough to say what he looked like last night was just different than he's looked for most of the season, I don't know what to tell you. He does that, I'd be fine bringing him back next year. He doesn't and then goes 4-5 games without being noticeable, then Sweeney needs to focus on finding a replacement for him in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad