Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hall is looking to break the bank. If the team doesn't have the cap space to resign Krug, no way they go out and bring in Hall. Plus, Taylor Hall has shown himself to be the kind of player you don't want. Literally quit on his team in New Jersey. It'd be a hard no for me on that guy. Who wants an overpriced baby that only plays hard when they feel like it?
I’d take him

Reactions: LSCII

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I love this guy and hope the Bruins keep him for a few more years after next year. The good news in the CBA is that +35 contract guys can retire and the cap hit goes away.

Reactions: Silva

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I love this guy and hope the Bruins keep him for a few more years after next year. The good news in the CBA is that +35 contract guys can retire and the cap hit goes away.
I wonder how much money he'd take to stay in Boston.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I wonder how much money he'd take to stay in Boston.

I would pay him whatever he wanted, so long as he agreed to retire if he wasn't worth it anymore. Obviously, they will have to wait until after the expansion draft to extend him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm as big a Krejci fan as anyone here and I'm honestly kinda shocked at how good he looks right now. I was really worried that the abrupt mid-season stoppage was going to be the catalyst for Krejci and Bergeron to finally start the typical mid-30s decline. At that age, long stretches of rest can hurt as much as they can help because it's harder to remain in game shape as you get older. For Krejci the rest has seemingly managed to energize him. I think finally having a consistent RW is helping a lot too.

Bergeron & Krejci really are the new Datsyuk & Zetterberg in that they seem like they'll be able to contribute into their late 30s if they don't run into serious injury trouble. Both guys are just such workhorses.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Opposition 5, Bruins 1.

Just kidding, but I don't care for Pasta and Krejci on the same line- they are both pretty horrible defensively.

Krejci “horrible” defensively? Someone may pull out the stats and say yes, but I don’t think he’s a horribly deficient defensive player by any means.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Krejci “horrible” defensively? Someone may pull out the stats and say yes, but I don’t think he’s a horribly deficient defensive player by any means.
I think he's decent, anyone is going to get overshadowed by Bergeron though. He always has that cerebral element to his game where it looks like he's not trying as hard or "floating" which I think people don't look at as favorably. He's good positionally though. Some numbers from this season:

EVpZEO7X0AEnQTf

EV-CUi-X0AAFtxJ

Reactions: Mathews28

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
Krejci is such an oddity to me. Many games in the regular season he kinda goes invisible. Still a good player. He's not terribly fast. He looks like he'd just get run around in the playoffs.

Then then playoffs come and he just looks magical.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
I'd love for the bruins to extend his contract. And I bet he would take a discount. Boston has been his home for a long time

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd love for the bruins to extend his contract. And I bet he would take a discount. Boston has been his home for a long time
I think they will but will need to wait until after the expression draft.

The good news is that over-35 contracts can now retire without it counting against the cap. So I wouldn't mind extra years for him

Reactions: Silva

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Without a doubt should be a mainstay on the 1st PP unit. He controls the puck so well, makes smart decisions, nice crisp passes, and more than ever he's willing to put the puck on net. PP is an extra level with him on it.

And overall, he's been playing lights out. He's going to be a problem for the Lightning or whoever.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Huge props to Bruce for keeping Krejci on PP1. Completely changed the PP.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason why the Bruins shouldn't re sign Krejci after his current contract (at the right price).

Reactions: Mainehockey33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad