Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
For some crazy reason most people only talk regular season stats. Makes no sense at all. 2 playoff scoring titles. Guy was simply unreal vs Carolina. 46 gets raised.

Reactions: CDJ

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Its nice when krejci brings his A game... a little frustrating when he doesnt

At 7 mill he has been a little overpaid but luckily weve managed and the result is we have 1 of the top 5 2nd line centers in the league. He can and does win matchups at playoff time

If he were willing to take a 2-3 mill hit on an extension, id be willing to do a 3 year deal and let him finish his career.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Sweeney is unable to fill the hole on the 2nd line for the 4th straight season, I’d shop Krejci this summer. This team isn’t winning a cup next year and will be getting worse over the next few years, and there won’t be much of a point to keep him. Might as well see if you can get something for him.

Reactions: JerseyBruin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Sweeney is unable to fill the hole on the 2nd line for the 4th straight season, I’d shop Krejci this summer. This team isn’t winning a cup next year and will be getting worse over the next few years, and there won’t be much of a point to keep him. Might as well see if you can get something for him.

So do we shop Bergeron and Marchand too?

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
So do we shop Bergeron and Marchand too?
I wouldn't. The 1st line is at least complete. If Sweeney is unable to fill the 2nd line with a quality player and DeBrusk is more of a 3rd line fit, it would make no sense to have Krejci on the team. He'd have no one to play with, and he's a UFA after next year, so you might as well get something for him now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wouldn't. The 1st line is at least complete. If Sweeney is unable to fill the 2nd line with a quality player and DeBrusk is more of a 3rd line fit, it would make no sense to have Krejci on the team. He'd have no one to play with, and he's a UFA after next year, so you might as well get something for him now.

If we're not winning a cup next year and only going to get worse the next few years then why not move them? Bergeron is a UFA in 2yrs and while Marchand has 5yr left, he's already 32 so he's going to start declining soon right? So again if we're going to shop Krejci, why not shop Bergeron & Marchand....I mean we're not competing for a cup right?

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I have never seen David Krejci that emotional. Caught me off guard because usually he's so even keeled and snarky as hell.

Reactions: Kalus

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I have never seen David Krejci that emotional. Caught me off guard because usually he's so even keeled and snarky as hell.
Next year might be his last season or this offseason might even be his last with the team and he knows it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Next year might be his last season or this offseason might even be his last with the team and he knows it.
I think he'll finish his contract out in Boston. I might feel differently if we were in normal times but we aren't.

To be honest, as much as I'd like him to sign a 2 year extension, I also wouldn't be shocked if he retired.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think he'll finish his contract out in Boston. I might feel differently if we were in normal times but we aren't.

To be honest, as much as I'd like him to sign a 2 year extension, I also wouldn't be shocked if he retired.
I would definitely take him back, you really can't under sell how big it would be to have the experience of Krejci and Bergeron mentoring our next core group.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure why Pastrnak can’t play with keel Krejci?

Is it against the law ?

No change lineup duos

Marchand-Bergeron
Pastrnak- Krejci
DeBrusk-Coyle
You’d certainly have more balance in the lineup. Now add 3 wingers that actually know where the front of the net is and tell them to stand there and make life miserable for the opponent.

Preferably ones who finish hits and have some hands. So unicorns. They need 3 unicorns.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure why Pastrnak can’t play with keel Krejci?

Is it against the law ?

No change lineup duos

Marchand-Bergeron
Pastrnak- Krejci
DeBrusk-Coyle
This might work.

Marchand - Bergeron - X
Pastrnak - Krejci - Studnicka
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
X - Kuraly - Wagner

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You’d certainly have more balance in the lineup. Now add 3 wingers that actually know where the front of the net is and tell them to stand there and make life miserable for the opponent.

Preferably ones who finish hits and have some hands. So unicorns. They need 3 unicorns.
For what its worth guys like Ferland, Lucic, Wilson, etc. Were never really know for their offense, but when you play them with good players they learned to chip in when needed. The Bruins have tried putting guys like B and N Ritchie in there, I dont see any reason not to give a bigger body like Seny or Frederic a chance to see what they can do with some decent players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This might work.

Marchand - Bergeron - X
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
X - Kuraly - Wagner
I like this and I would put kase or Bjork there and Senyshyn on bottom 6 RW even flipping Wagner

Kuhlman in mix in 4th but I want a long long look with Senyshyn

Frederic should get a shot LW 4th

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
This might work.

Marchand - Bergeron - X
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
X - Kuraly - Wagner

Studnicka and Bjork were bright spots last night. I think if there was one coaching blunder it was using Ritchie through the first four games of the TB series. After playing so well against Carolina, the lineup should have remained largely the same. This team looked a lot different without one line being noticeably slower than the others, to say nothing of the dumb penalties.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad