Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Is Krejci helping Cehlarik or Cehlarik helping Krejci? Anyhow, Krejci is playing good right now. We’ll see if he maintains this pace. It’s been a problem for years. I hope he does.

I think it's pretty obviously Krejci who was having a good season before Cehlarik was ever in the picture.

I have no problem with Krejci being a 60 point 2nd line center so his pace could cool off a bit and still be fine.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Krejci isn't overpaid this season. He's been great.

William Nylander makes 7 mil.

Logic like this... are you saying nylander is paid fairly and earning it?

I imagine someone saying... no it wont hurt if you fall 20 stories onto cement compared if you fall 20 stories onto a bed of sharpe knifes

Eating 20 donuts everyday for a year wont make you nearly as fat as eating 22 doughnuts everyday for 14 months

Is that our argument? I can find something worst?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He should go back on first line and then you will see his magic.

No he shouldn't, and no we won't. He's a streaky player and has been his entire career. He'd have a few moments where he played at a really high level, then he'd do his usual Caspar impression and go missing for long stretches. It's who he is.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Krejci needs posession guys, not straight line players. Forwards who win possession and get open in the Ozone. He worked out brilliantly with Marchy for this reason. Jake for as tenacious as he is is usually busy rushing in, shooting, crashing into something and spending the rest of the shift getting to his feet.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Krejci needs posession guys, not straight line players. Forwards who win possession and get open in the Ozone. He worked out brilliantly with Marchy for this reason. Jake for as tenacious as he is is usually busy rushing in, shooting, crashing into something and spending the rest of the shift getting to his feet.

First off, everyone works well with Marchand because he's an elite player. Bergeron and Marchand are far more prolific and productive than DK would be because we all know DK disappears for stretches, regardless of whom he plays with.

So this narrative of DK needs to play with Pasta or needs to play with Marchand needs to stop. DK needs to play with whomever they give him and be more consistent if this team wants to go anywhere in the playoffs. If he does that, they'll be fine. If he doesn't, this team will get KO'd in the first round.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sweeney isnt capable of making a cup team. If no winger is coming he should deal krecji for picks to a contender out of courtesy

So it's Sweeney's fault DK can't get himself up for games now? Interesting theory. Not sure I buy it, but it's at least a new one.... :naughty:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So it's Sweeney's fault DK can't get himself up for games now? Interesting theory. Not sure I buy it, but it's at least a new one.... :naughty:

I think it's a bit of playing style. DeBrusk and Krejci play completely different games. It's the same as Eriksson and Krejci everyone wanted except for the people actually making the lines. For some reason Boston management seems so f***ing intent on bashing away at that round peg till it the hammer is long broken.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I think that's a myth just like the myth sweeney is a good GM. This might be the most incompetent FO I've seen in building a team. After the 1st line there is no plan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think that's a myth just like the myth sweeney is a good GM. This might be the most incompetent FO I've seen in building a team. After the 1st line there is no plan

Didn't you watch the team when MOC was in charge? If you did, how can you say this?

Reactions: Chief Nine

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think it's a bit of playing style. DeBrusk and Krejci play completely different games. It's the same as Eriksson and Krejci everyone wanted except for the people actually making the lines. For some reason Boston management seems so ****ing intent on bashing away at that round peg till it the hammer is long broken.

JDB is a finisher. DK is a passer. Worrying about whether the guy has straight line speed or plays a slow down game is over thinking shit, IMO. JDB can fill the net up. DK needs to up his motor because when he wants, he can easily be effective on that line. Plus they brought up Cehlarik and he plays kind of middle of the road between DK and JDB styles.

But I mean shit, for the past 3 games, that line looked good. Last night JDB and Cehlarik still looked good. DK was invisible or flat out behind the play all night. So what changed in that 3 game span to last night? Effort. Or more importantly, lack of effort on DK's part.

This lack of consistency is why you don't give him Pasta and Marchand as wingers, IMO. He'd do this even if he played with them because it's who he is and has been for his entire career.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
JDB is a finisher. DK is a passer. Worrying about whether the guy has straight line speed or plays a slow down game is over thinking ****, IMO. JDB can fill the net up. DK needs to up his motor because when he wants, he can easily be effective on that line. Plus they brought up Cehlarik and he plays kind of middle of the road between DK and JDB styles.

But I mean ****, for the past 3 games, that line looked good. Last night JDB and Cehlarik still looked good. DK was invisible or flat out behind the play all night. So what changed in that 3 game span to last night? Effort. Or more importantly, lack of effort on DK's part.

This lack of consistency is why you don't give him Pasta and Marchand as wingers, IMO. He'd do this even if he played with them because it's who he is and has been for his entire career.

Literally impossible to quantify effort.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Literally impossible to quantify effort.

When 2/3rds of the line you're on is buzzing, and you're lagging behind every play, is it really hard to quantify though?

At what point does this become about DK instead of Sweeney? Or instead of his line mates? At what point does DK get to be a big boy and actually own his own play and effort? Let me know because I'll check back in then, since that's when a real, honest discussion about the guy will happen. For now, it's all about everyone else though.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
When 2/3rds of the line you're on is buzzing, and you're lagging behind every play, is it really hard to quantify though?

At what point does this become about DK instead of Sweeney? Or instead of his line mates? At what point does DK get to be a big boy and actually own his own play and effort? Let me know because I'll check back in then, since that's when a real, honest discussion about the guy will happen. For now, it's all about everyone else though.

Krejci took lucic and Horton two cup finals. What Sweeeny provides him just isnt sufficient. Get him players that can score more than 5 goals a year on the RW.

Reactions: Bmessy

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Krejci took lucic and Horton two cup finals. What Sweeeny provides him just isnt sufficient. Get him players that can score more than 5 goals a year on the RW.

seriously.

We're talking about a center that made Milan Lucic a 30 goal scorer.

but of course, its just a coincidence that the 1st line didnt miss a beat when Krejci subbed in for Bergeron

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
seriously.

We're talking about a center that made Milan Lucic a 30 goal scorer.

but of course, its just a coincidence that the 1st line didnt miss a beat when Krejci subbed in for Bergeron

Yeah, because Marchand and Pasta elevated DK's game. Not the other way around. Just like the Cehlarik call up elevated DK's game for a 3 game span, but like water, DK found his effort level again and reverted to doing an impression of the invisible man...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
40 points in 50 games and Cehlarnik now carrys Krejci.

Holy misrepresentation Batman!! Never said that. What I was saying is that he was motivated by the change with Cehlarik up for a few games, which is why he played well in that span. That excitement seems to have waned now, so he was sub par last night. Again, my point is and has been that he struggles with effort and motivation. When he gives a full effort, the team is different and far more dangerous. When he doesn't, it's a one line team that is going nowhere fast.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Holy misrepresentation Batman!! Never said that. What I was saying is that he was motivated by the change with Cehlarik up for a few games, which is why he played well in that span. That excitement seems to have waned now, so he was sub par last night. Again, my point is and has been that he struggles with effort and motivation. When he gives a full effort, the team is different and far more dangerous. When he doesn't, it's a one line team that is going nowhere fast.

Effort means nothing if players are sub par.
He tries every game..just a way to bash him. You cant tell at all what goes on in is mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad