Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn’t mind trying him in Krug’s spot as QB to see how that goes. I think his style of puck possession and slowing down the play will open up Pastrnak for more one timers.

Move debrusk to the 2nd unit. More than enough shooters with krug and the top line out there

Best option would probably be to put Krejci where Marchand is, move Marchand to where Debrusk is, similar to the Winnipeg set-up with the right-shooting passer Wheeler QBs the PP from the right-side half-wall and still having the two right-shots on the bumper (Bergeron/Schiefele) and high left circle (Pasta/Laine).

Reactions: Mainehockey33

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Huh? The same argument of when he's not producing it's his wingers fault, right? Pretty sure Krejci gets enough credit and criticism both ways.

My point of view, people's view of Krejci falls under two camps.
1. Gets credit when he's good, but has to take accountability when he's bad/invisible.
2. It's his wingers fault or credit.

Can we just be happy this trio is working for the past few games? Hope it keeps going.

I'm happy the line looks good. I'm glad Cehlarik is getting a chance and looks good.

I just feel that for a player who has average .75 PPG along with being a really good two-way player he gets a lot more flack then he does credit. Most of it probably stems from the fact he is slightly overpayed for the role he is being asked to play (2nd line center) that people are always ready to pounce on him for a bad stretch. 3 points in 9 games and the torches come out for a guy on pace for a 70 point season. He starts to heat back up and it's the rise of Saint Cehlarik.

He's certainly not absolved from poor play (he got spanked up and down the ice in that Tampa series. It was painful to watch.) He's also injury prone which I feel is the biggest justified criticism of the guy. I just feel that this season it's a tired narrative. I think we say that if he was being asked to play as the 1st line center he'd be capable of living up to that $7M cap hit (which was the role he was playing when he signed the contract in the first place)

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Krejci was never going to look his best with wingers like Nordstrom. He does his thing and needs player than can comprehend and go with it. Clearly Pasta and Marchand are capable, JDB is getting it, and Cehlarik looks like he does too. He did last time they played together too. Krejci will make things happen most nights, his wings need to be ready and skilled and he'll make them look good.

I don't know how that can get bent or twisted any other way, but it does. Imagine, a skilled, pass-first center doing better with offensively skilled wingers. Will wonders never cease?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't know how that can get bent or twisted any other way, but it does. Imagine, a skilled, pass-first center doing better with offensively skilled wingers. Will wonders never cease?
But he makes $7m dollars. He should be able to make Nordstrom look like a 2nd liner and turn chicken shit into chicken soup.
:banghead:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
It's so nice to see Krejci finally playing with someone he has chemistry with.

I thought that he was on the decline but playing with Marchand really opened my eyes to the fact that he's still just as good as ever. He scored at a 100 point pace in those 10 games with Marchand. They took Marchand away and put back guys like Nordstrom and Backes and his offense dried up again. He needed someone he could work his little passing plays with - that someone didn't have to be Marchand, but it did have to be someone who could think and pass like him.

I would love it if Cehlarik & Krejci became a thing, like Marchand & Bergeron. It feels like 63&37 can play with anyone because they have such good chemistry together and I get the sense that 22&46 could be similar.

I really hope they take that line to the next level and put Pastrnak on it. Pasta hasn't scored an ES goal or assisted on an ES goal involving Marchand or Bergeron in almost 3 weeks. Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak. That's a second line that could go toe to toe with anyone.

Put DeBrusk with Heinen and go get a top6 winger for Bergeron and Marchand.
:stanley:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
@PlayMakers
Bill, I smell what you’re cooking. Line name: the Slovak picks up the Czech. And now we know why I don’t do standup.
Would have liked to see more experimentation w today and the previous two games; a shame Bjork done.
Maybe Saad, maybe, as another poster mentioned in the trade thread, Bjugstad. Ferland interesting there, too.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I thought that he was on the decline but playing with Marchand really opened my eyes to the fact that he's still just as good as ever. He scored at a 100 point pace in those 10 games with Marchand. They took Marchand away and put back guys like Nordstrom and Backes and his offense dried up again. He needed someone he could work his little passing plays with - that someone didn't have to be Marchand, but it did have to be someone who could think and pass like him.

I would love it if Cehlarik & Krejci became a thing, like Marchand & Bergeron. It feels like 63&37 can play with anyone because they have such good chemistry together and I get the sense that 22&46 could be similar.

I really hope they take that line to the next level and put Pastrnak on it. Pasta hasn't scored an ES goal or assisted on an ES goal involving Marchand or Bergeron in almost 3 weeks. Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak. That's a second line that could go toe to toe with anyone.

Well said. I was in your camp also, and now have to eat some crow on DK. I was wrong. Cehlarik has the kind of hockey IQ that works with DK. Whether he is the long-term solution or not, a player with that skill set who can be wise to what DK is doing is huge. I like putting Pasta with those two. I think JDB could do fine with Bergeron and Marchand- they can make anyone look good. Even Noel would get 15 goals playing with those guys :laugh: That would be two lines that are killer, so long as Cehlarik is more than a flash in the pan.

Or, fine a top 6 wing and move JDB down as you say. Whatever, but wouldn't it be nice if the team could fill the holes from within and not have to give away a lot to bring in outside help. That is after all, the heart of the draft and develop plan.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Krejci has been simply outstanding for the whole year. He's playing his best hockey since 13/14. He has most 5v5 points on the team, ahead of Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak, despite the usual assortment of 4th liners cycling on his RW. I feel like he could still hit 80+ points with someone like Stone or Tarasenko on his RW.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrejciMVP

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It's insane how Krejci never gets any credit for anything around here.

Maybe, just maybe it's the 13 year NHL vet who is helping the 19 games under his belt Cehlarik?
Is Krejci helping Cehlarik or Cehlarik helping Krejci? Anyhow, Krejci is playing good right now. We’ll see if he maintains this pace. It’s been a problem for years. I hope he does.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Yup and get Schenn for Bergeron and Marchand
.use DeBrusk to build up 3rd line.Me and you on same page.

Reactions: PlayMakers

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Par for the course career wise, highest I think was 78 or something in 08-09 when we were scoring a bazillion goals (except on cam ****ing ward in game 2-4)

He's on pace for his 3rd highest point totals in his career and 5 shy of his career high.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He’s the primary reason why Don needs to make a good trade. Krejci has been very good and why I’m excited about the bruins chances going deep playoff run.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci has been simply outstanding for the whole year. He's playing his best hockey since 13/14. He has most 5v5 points on the team, ahead of Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak, despite the usual assortment of 4th liners cycling on his RW. I feel like he could still hit 80+ points with someone like Stone or Tarasenko on his RW.

Hmmmm

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
All true but where does he go? That 1st PP unit is set-up for very specific handiness in each position. He'd essentially have to swap out for Bergeron or Pasta. So it would likely have to be Bergeron (not that it couldn't be done).
Pasta Bergy Marchand
Krejci Krug

seems like a no-brainer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad