Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmith3283

Feb 14, 2010
I don't agree. Big quotes mean nothing when you don't back it up.

Regardless of what you think of his play he was trying to hold himself accountable with the statement he made. I'd rather him do that and fail then try and skate around it so I'm confused by your interpretation.

nhldream

Jan 4, 2015
He’s been good defensively. Don’t think St. Louis has scored with him on the ice (not sure). Still need some offense

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He’s been good defensively. Don’t think St. Louis has scored with him on the ice (not sure). Still need some offense

saw 2 great set ups last game where Pasta and Mcavoy missed. Bruins Achilles heal forever has been their lack of finish in big games. They made the St Louis goalie look like 2014 Price

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Why is it always someone else's fault this guy isn't producing? Why can't it simply ever be on him? More importantly, why can't certain fans ever let anyone be critical of the guy, especially when he's earned it? For example, right now, Marchand, Bergeron, and Pasta are all not playing up to their level and people are calling it out. You do that with DK, and it's he's playing with Backes, or JDB sucks. I pointed out earlier in this very thread that while Backes has been with him about half the time, DK has also gotten plenty of shifts with Pasta and Marchand, but still not doing anything.

You build a line with chemistry and those 3 together never had it, not sure JDB and Krech have it. Look at the 3rd and 4th lines they have way more chemistry because all 3 play a similar game. I am blaming the chemistry, get the 4th liner off the 2nd line. When Krech did have some brief shifts with better players things did happen but lately this team has dried up. They are playing Julien hockey, way too safe, push it to the point, shots getting blocked, creativity has vanished. Krech needs to be way better if we are to win as does JDB but he did score last game.

Any shift Backes plays with Krech it becomes a checking line. Backes is a 4th liner at best and is frankly not good enough for it, those 4th guys are all way better. I said it before the 3 guys on the 2nd line all play a different game at different speeds, the best summation of that line to be honest. Krech is cerebral wants to play a give and go game and is kinda slow. JBD is fast and drives to the net alone. Backes plays a dump, slow chase defensive game. If anything the 2nd line is a big let down. It needs fixing next year.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought the idea of signing MoJo was so we had a 2RW. Instead, he's now on Coyle's line which is fine because it is doing well, but that kinds leave Krejci the odd man out with wingers again. Which was the "big problem" the Bruins needed to address. JDB has been poor overall this playoff season, with the odd decent performance and Backes just doesn't go with Krejci. Times are getting desperate, so I hope there is a different look for the 2nd line now that can be left together for more than a couple shifts to see if it can get going.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You build a line with chemistry and those 3 together never had it, not sure JDB and Krech have it. Look at the 3rd and 4th lines they have way more chemistry because all 3 play a similar game. I am blaming the chemistry, get the 4th liner off the 2nd line. When Krech did have some brief shifts with better players things did happen but lately this team has dried up. They are playing Julien hockey, way too safe, push it to the point, shots getting blocked, creativity has vanished. Krech needs to be way better if we are to win as does JDB but he did score last game.

Any shift Backes plays with Krech it becomes a checking line. Backes is a 4th liner at best and is frankly not good enough for it, those 4th guys are all way better. I said it before the 3 guys on the 2nd line all play a different game at different speeds, the best summation of that line to be honest. Krech is cerebral wants to play a give and go game and is kinda slow. JBD is fast and drives to the net alone. Backes plays a dump, slow chase defensive game. If anything the 2nd line is a big let down. It needs fixing next year.
At this point, I’d run Coyle Krejci and Johansson as my 2nd line and run JDB with Heinen and maybe Backes as my 3rd.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd be okay with trying JDB-Krejci-Johansson, Leaving Pasta with Krejci for the whole game or most of it might be good too, and put Heinen on the 1st line.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just seems like Johansson and Coyle are a very good pair; as is Bergy and Brad.

They are which is probably why they are staying together. It still leaves a problem on the second line, though, unless we put Krejci with Coyle and Johansson? But then it leaves no 3c. What a mess LOL

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
They are which is probably why they are staying together. It still leaves a problem on the second line, though, unless we put Krejci with Coyle and Johansson? But then it leaves no 3c. What a mess LOL
I’m thinking Yes, 90-46-13 and Backes centering third line between DeBrusk and Heinen.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Think he is still hurting from the hit he took last serieshe isn’t shooting,when someone isn’t shooting it makes it very easy to play them,same issue with Marchand I think also not should and when he doesn’t not much on it.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Oh I don’t think so. I felt he created opportunities for the first three games. Last game, not so much.
Last game he set up Carlo in the high slot on his first shift but Carlo’s shot was blocked. At the end of the first he set up Pasta for a one timer between the hash marks and Pasta’s shot was blocked... I feel like he’s been creating chances, I just think STL is doing a great job of blocking the chances he creates.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Last game he set up Carlo in the high slot on his first shift but Carlo’s shot was blocked. At the end of the first he set up Pasta for a one timer between the hash marks and Pasta’s shot was blocked... I feel like he’s been creating chances, I just think STL is doing a great job of blocking the chances he creates.

Yes, totally

Reactions: esmith3283

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
DK had a tremendous game last night. Ironic that it happened once they took that useless plug off his line, no? Let's see a repeat for game 7, please...

Reactions: Mainehockey33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad