Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I wouldn’t say Bergeron is sucking.

I would. When he gets on the scoresheet it's an empty net goal or unskilled assist like a faceoff win (do not say they all count blah blah blah, Bergeron is usually capable of much more). He also can't shoot for beans. I am waiting for Bergeron to do something like Johansson did last night, but he is so unskilled right now. 0 even strength goals and only 1 assist requiring any kind of skill. A really subpar playoffs for Bergy thus far.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I would. When he gets on the scoresheet it's an empty net goal or unskilled assist like a faceoff win (do not say they all count blah blah blah, Bergeron is usually capable of much more). He also can't shoot for beans. I am waiting for Bergeron to do something like Johansson did last night, but he is so unskilled right now. 0 even strength goals and only 1 assist requiring any kind of skill. A really subpar playoffs for Bergy thus far.

Subpar yes. Sucking no.

Reactions: FanSince72

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Ffs
There are two ends to the rink. The only reason Boston got by TO was because of Bergeron shutting down their top line. A goal saved is worth the same as a goal scored. Sure it’s bonus if Bergeron goad into goat mode and also carries the offensive too, but you have to understand what he really is which is just an impossible matchup for elite centers in this league

Reactions: nords1995 and 00BW

aguineapig

See if Tavares would rather face the crowd in Long Island or have to faceoff against Patrice Selke for 7 games!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

The bolded convinced me of something.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
ya, those faceoffs aren`t a skill nor do they hold one bit of importance in a hockey game:help:

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
With the increased volume in posts criticizing every single B's player, I have to wonder if
a lot of Toronto posters created new accounts and are coming in here just to cause trouble.
I kid, but holy cow, for a team that advanced to the 2nd round, won the first game, lots of complaints.

Reactions: nords1995

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
The bolded convinced me of something.

Read what I wrote in brackets: Bergeron is capable of far more. Besides, even fourth line grinders win faceoffs. It's a skill, but not skill skill. Why split hairs? Just admit that Bergeron is struggling offensively. It's not that hard. Why must the homer brigade come out every time a chosen one is criticized.

That being said, I am just catching Game 1 now and Bergeron seems to be playing better. Perhaps the weaker competition helps? I'd say there's a good chance he gets on the scoresheet tonight.

Reactions: Dom - OHL

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Read what I wrote in brackets: Bergeron is capable of far more. Besides, even fourth line grinders win faceoffs. It's a skill, but not skill skill. Why split hairs? Just admit that Bergeron is struggling offensively. It's not that hard. Why must the homer brigade come out every time a chosen one is criticized.

That being said, I am just catching Game 1 now and Bergeron seems to be playing better. Perhaps the weaker competition helps? I'd say there's a good chance he gets on the scoresheet tonight.
^ this is why I don't post anymore in the Bruins section. I have enough of people crapping on the Bruins on the main boards, but there I expect it. Here I don't.

(Here only to check Krejci's status)

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

There it is, people disagree with your take so they must all be homers! Of course!

Give me a f***ing break

Reactions: Chief Nine

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Ffs
There are two ends to the rink. The only reason Boston got by TO was because of Bergeron shutting down their top line. A goal saved is worth the same as a goal scored. Sure it’s bonus if Bergeron goad into goat mode and also carries the offensive too, but you have to understand what he really is which is just an impossible matchup for elite centers in this league
Don’t try to explain evidence to some that can’t see it, especially imo Bergeron played a heck of game one.

Now happy if DK is ready to go, but if it is a shoulder i am scared for the impact of huge hit on DK . I would love Miller in the line up but more i am sad McQuaid ain’t no more with us.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Clearly didn't look right tonight, at times tried to avoid getting hit

Stoopid Riley NAsh

hope he enjoyed the Chara special

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Clearly didn't look right tonight, at times tried to avoid getting hit

Stoopid Riley NAsh

hope he enjoyed the Chara special
Columbus were hitting him hard again tonite. DK is not 100% for sure, but i will take tonite DK if he is ready again.

I fear Colombus physicality on their rink...hope he will be fine, Boston needs him

BruinsNetwork

He still played okay, but definitely down a couple gears. Hopefully two days off is the right medicine.

The problem is that all eyes are on him with DeBrusk and Pastrnak being flat out liabilities on his line. It's a big ask of Krejci to do every last bit of the lifting to get the job done when his wingers are hurting more than they're helping. That's why he looks like he's down a couple gears, IMO. Easy task for Columbus when all they have to do is shut down one player on L2.

DeBrusk and Pastrnak need to wake up and start playing they're game again. I wouldn't take Heinen of L1 because he looks good and Pastrnak doesn't. I would, however, slot Kuhlman in for Wagner and roll this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Johansson-Coyle-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Not a huge fan of Pastrnak being the 3RW, but he needs to be woken up a little bit an I think playing with possession-oriented Coyle, and Johansson with his playmaking abilities, would be a good place for him to get a spark under him.

Krejci needs someone on his line that can play a simple, North-to-South game with speed– that's usually DeBrusk, but he's been terrible. Let Kuhlman slot in somewhere in the middle-six and try to get some of these guys going.

Reactions: rocketdan9

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The problem is that all eyes are on him with DeBrusk and Pastrnak being flat out liabilities on his line. It's a big ask of Krejci to do every last bit of the lifting to get the job done when his wingers are hurting more than they're helping. That's why he looks like he's down a couple gears, IMO. Easy task for Columbus when all they have to do is shut down one player on L2.

DeBrusk and Pastrnak need to wake up and start playing they're game again. I wouldn't take Heinen of L1 because he looks good and Pastrnak doesn't. I would, however, slot Kuhlman in for Wagner and roll this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Johansson-Coyle-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Not a huge fan of Pastrnak being the 3RW, but he needs to be woken up a little bit an I think playing with possession-oriented Coyle, and Johansson with his playmaking abilities, would be a good place for him to get a spark under him.

Krejci needs someone on his line that can play a simple, North-to-South game with speed– that's usually DeBrusk, but he's been terrible. Let Kuhlman slot in somewhere in the middle-six and try to get some of these guys going.

I agree with some of this, but I don’t think DeBrusk has been terrible. Just me, though.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Johansson-Coyle-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

thats the same line as game 6 and 7 vs the Leafs

well except Kuhlman was 3RW

I wouldn't mind going with this, add some more speed into the lineup. At this point I'm ok with either Nordstrom or Wagner on the 4th line

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Johansson-Coyle-Pastrnak
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Bruins rolling these exact lines in practice today and I think that’s an excellent idea, especially for Krejci. Don’t think Kuhlman is some star RW all of a sudden, but his game and speed should definitely make Krejci’s job a little easier.

Krejci has desperately needed someone to play a simpler North-to-South game since DeBrusk and Pastrnak are both struggling. Hopefully this wakes up DeBrusk as well and the Bruins get L2 going.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

ah I get it, you enjoy fan opinions until they differ from your`s.....duly noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad