Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The problem lies in that they get 2-3 games and then there is another shuffle.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
bc they aren't top 6 players, then they shuffle them up with more players that shouldn't be in the top 6.
Yes but you can’t get chemistry with a few games. It’s what they have now. All this shuffling isn’t helping. Even with the first line this is the same. Bergeron and Marchand can’t expect the other winger to just fit in and get it. Takes time.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yes but you can’t get chemistry with a few games. It’s what they have now. All this shuffling isn’t helping. Even with the first line this is the same. Bergeron and Marchand can’t expect the other winger to just fit in and get it. Takes time.

Marchand Krejci and Pasta did instantly, sorry but you can't put AHL players in the top 6 and expect production. You can try to put all the Bjorks Donato's Heinens and Ceharliks of the world in the top 6, if you don't have the talent, it's not working

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand Krejci and Pasta did instantly, sorry but you can't put AHL players in the top 6 and expect production. You can try to put all the Bjorks Donato's Heinens and Ceharliks of the world in the top 6, if you don't have the talent, it's not working

Heinen and Donato have had their fair of chances...Bjork Cehlarik and Zach have not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Debrusk sure but none of the other have shown me the consistency of belonging in the top 6

What about Spooner?

Say what you want... but last season Debrusk Krejci Spooner looked pretty decent for the most part. Even better than Debrusk Krejci Nash

Its too bad that Spooner is not much of a goal scorer or else that line could have been better

At the end of the day a player like Spooner (but better scoring ability) is the right kind of winger to play alongside Krejci vs a glorified garbage man like Simmonds

Reactions: Blowfish

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What about Spooner?

Say what you want... but last season Debrusk Krejci Spooner looked pretty decent for the most part. Even better than Debrusk Krejci Nash

Its too bad that Spooner is not much of a goal scorer or else that line could have been better

At the end of the day a player like Spooner (but better scoring ability) is the right kind of winger to play alongside Krejci vs a glorified garbage man like Simmonds
Not for 4 million. Crazy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What about Spooner?

You and I might be the only two who watched the bruins last year. They were very effective together. If not Spooner trade for someone with a similar skillset / speed and creativity.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Want a happy effective Krejci...

Bruins notebook: David Krejci enjoys skating with young wingers Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Spooner – Boston Herald

“I have good speed on both sides and I use it to my advantage through the neutral zone and try to make something happen,” said Krejci. “I really enjoy playing with Spoons, he has a lot of speed and he’s a very smart player and he makes some plays.
“I really enjoy that, and Jake has been playing good. He is a young guy with a lot of energy and he is flying up and down and winning battles in the corner. “

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Strange how Ceharik did have some early success in the way of assists but hasn’t really got that chance again. Although that was a couple years back

The bruin fab 3 NCAA players have the inside track and I don't doubt the p bruin fab 3 are too happy about it.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The problem lies in that they get 2-3 games and then there is another shuffle.
I don't know about that theory. There are lines that click right away. Krejci DeBrusk and Heinen worked better (immediately) than a lot of the other combos they tried. They didn't score but they generated tons of chances and allowed very little. Krejci with Marchand and Pasta was an instant success even thought Krejci and Pasta have struggled with other wingers (despite being all world talents in their own right).

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The thing to keep in mind with Cehlarik is that he's only played 17 NHL games (over two years). Ryan Donato already has twice that. Bjork has three times that.

I try not to make any judgements about prospects in their first 20 NHL games, but Cehlarik actually had a fairly impressive start to his career.

Coming into this season he had 31 goals and 61 points in 84 AHL games, then followed that up with a strong training camp. Given the options we've seen to this point, I would love to see him get another chance with Krejci and Pasta.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I blame the front office and Cassidy

unless Cassidy is doing this on purpose to "cry wolf" so that it forces management to do something already

since 2015-2016 Krejci hasn't had wingers at the same level as Marchand/Pasta
99% of NHL centers don’t have wingers that compare to Pastrnak & Marchand. What’s your point?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
99% of NHL centers don’t have wingers that compare to Pastrnak & Marchand. What’s your point?

What? Yes they do

Most 1st lines in the league and at least half the leagues 2nd lines

Heck even some team 3rd line wingers

Iam not saying they are as good as pasta/marchand but at least have half the skill/creativity... that would help utilitize Krej game

And not bumping up a 4th line playerd like Nordstrom, Backes, Wagner.... which is a waste of wingspace on a top 6 fwd spot

Imagine even if Krejci had Kapanen, Leivo, Brown as his wingers (3rd line wingers on Leafs) ... would be much better

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What? Yes they do

Iam not saying they are as good as pasta/marchand but at least have half the skill/creativity... that would help utilitize Krej game

And not bumping up a 4th line playerd like Nordstrom, Backes, Wagner.... which is a waste of wingspace on a top 6 fwd spot

Imagine even if Krejci had Kapanen, Leivo, Brown as his wingers (3rd line wingers on Leafs) ... would be much better

did you just say most 1st line and half the second line and some 3rd line winers compare to marchand/pastrnak

in what way?

like... they are all male?
like... they all put their pants on one leg at a time?
like... they cant sing a song as well as mick jagger?

I have no idea what you are talking about here... how are half the second liners in the nhl and some 3rd liners comparable to marchand/pastrnak?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Pertaining to the Bruins' forwards, I think Cehlarik's ability to pass the puck rivals Krejci's. However, I can see why the Bruins may be concerned with his pace of play. I think it has less to do with how fast he can skate and more to do with his decision making. We saw it in his short stint with the Bruins. His passing was incredible, but he was prone to turning the puck over with his attempts. In today's NHL, turning the puck over in the neutral or offensive zones could very well lead to a breakaway or odd-man rush by the other team. From reading Divver and others that cover and watch Providence Bruins play, it sounds like he is still having trouble addressing that area of his game. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to the Bruins giving him another shot, but let's see what a line of DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak can do.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
What? Yes they do

I understand that you are trying to make your point, and i am sure you didn’t read correctly your post before sending it.... saying most center of first, second and some third line center are centering wingers of the quality of 88 and 63.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad