Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Excellent post.That said I do not think they are going to find that center.I think they could get a Kreider though from Rangers and he would help.

I love Kreider, and think he would be real good on that 2nd line. You would then have to play DeBrusk or Heinen on that off wing. Unless one of them went in the deal, lol.

I'm thinking that one of Heinen, Donato, Bjork would be going the other way (the B's would balk at JDB). Kreider had 37 pts and averaged .64 ppg, just slightly ahead of Heinen and DeBrusk at .61.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There's a revolving door of wingers in the Bruins top 9, one is scratched one night, one is scratched in the next few games, one is scratched a week after that. It's just not steady. I want a winger in the top 6 that's going to be there for 70+ games, not 45. I want a winger that's proven to be a consistent scorer or a winger with some size, that can create some space for the other two (Krejci/DeBrusk) a guy like Simmonds does that, but yeah, he's not 18 sooo...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I love Kreider, and think he would be real good on that 2nd line. You would then have to play DeBrusk or Heinen on that off wing. Unless one of them went in the deal, lol.

I'm thinking that one of Heinen, Donato, Bjork would be going the other way (the B's would balk at JDB). Kreider had 37 pts and averaged .64 ppg, just slightly ahead of Heinen and DeBrusk at .61.
You have to stop just looking at the point totals. Kreider brings a lot to the table, size, speed, ability to win battles and plays a physical game.

Ryan Spooner had 41 in 59 games last year. Would you take him over Kreider?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Yup but Kreider has some bite to his game and would give the vets a jolt.Best part he is hated in poutineville..

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
But it's not about just points or the skill of the wingers he has, it's the fit. Debrusk had 19 goals last year, Heinen had 16, Krejci had 17. Their assist totals were 27, 31, 27. We have 3 guys who even in their AHL/Junior careers have generally had more assists than goals, save one season in junior where Debrusk at 42 goals, all playing on the same line. Doesn't make sense to me.

Donato is probably the best fit there, but he hasn't looked great this year and could probably use some time in Providence. Bjork is an option I'd like to see them try more than a couple games before looking outside the organization as well.

DeBrusk can pass the puck, but he has great hands down low and an excellent shot. There is no reason why he can't be the "sniper" on that line. Heinen and Krejci are both pass first guys, but they can also both shoot the puck as well. He has more assists because he's always been asked to dish it more than shoot, but 46 is capable of both. Also, in general rookies tend to defer the shot to the veterans. As 74 and 46 gain experience, they will shoot more.

In their limited time together, Heinen and Krejci actually appear to work very well with one another. This line can work as currently constructed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Heinen had a good game last night, I still don't think he's the top 6 guy we need. I think he fits good on the 3rd line if our 3rd line center wasn't a potato.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well most are expecting him (and you can look through this thread to confirm this) to make his wingers better. It's just not realistic, that's something you expect from Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Mackinnon, Matthews, Tavares, etc. Krejci shouldn't be mentioned near these guys.

I expect any player that is making $7.25m per year, and is the highest paid on the team, to make those around him better. Not just a select few NHL players.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You have to stop just looking at the point totals. Kreider brings a lot to the table, size, speed, ability to win battles and plays a physical game.

Ryan Spooner had 41 in 59 games last year. Would you take him over Kreider?

Apparently you missed the first line where I said I love Kreider and he would be great on the 2nd line?

The point per game totals were meant as a value comparison. DeBrusk, Heinen, and Kreider are different players, but last year their production was on par with one another. They are also younger and make less, which would need to be figured in to any deal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I watch Bruins close and they need some more bite up front and some of them kids just are not ready.You want a deep run you need 2 more good players with skill and experience .MEN

Reactions: Sheppy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There's a revolving door of wingers in the Bruins top 9, one is scratched one night, one is scratched in the next few games, one is scratched a week after that. It's just not steady. I want a winger in the top 6 that's going to be there for 70+ games, not 45. I want a winger that's proven to be a consistent scorer or a winger with some size, that can create some space for the other two (Krejci/DeBrusk) a guy like Simmonds does that, but yeah, he's not 18 sooo...

I would love Wayne Simmonds on that line. If he is able to physically rebound, it would take a lot to get him, and if he has the success he would likely have with JDB and DK, then he's going to want to get paid at the end of year- his last opportunity probably to cash in. I don't know if its workable for us, but would be nice.

That said, if we can't get a Wayne Simmonds, or a Kreider to play on that line, it doesn't absolve DK from being what he needs to be. He had a great game last night, and if he brings that consistently then we will actually be fine with the wingers we have.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
There is no Big 4, there's a Big 3. Krejci isn't one their level at this point, regardless of what the point totals say.

All that being said, I thought he played really well vs. Edmonton last night. But its the consistency and effort, not the ability, that separates him from the likes of 63/37/88 at this stage.
swap Krejci and Bergeron for a month and then see if you still think that's true.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’ve always thought Simmonds would work well with DK46. Been saying it for years. Simmonds can skate, he’s physical, he loves creating a ruckus in front of the net. If he can be traded for, I’d do it, but I wouldn’t give up too much.

(Note, I originally said this like 4 years ago) obviously he’s aged a bit since...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watch Krecji steady and you will see he GLIDES WAY TO MUCH other then that no issues.7 million u better move them feet..what he play 20 mins a nite :nopity:

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Who is mistreating him?

It's "mistreatment" to say you want your $7.25m player to perform well every night
Oh, the horror...

No one needs to abusing the guy on social media- that is as lame as it gets- but to call him out on a hockey message board and ask that he play up to his contract AND his abilities on a regular basis is far from mistreatment. But look who we are talking to here- it's either David Krejci, his agent, a close relative, or someone with an unhealthy obsession. You say anything that is less than "Krejci is a lock for the hall of fame, best player on the team hands down" and he gets super defensive. It's weird.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No one needs to abusing the guy on social media- that is as lame as it gets- but to call him out on a hockey message board and ask that he play up to his contract AND his abilities on a regular basis is far from mistreatment. But look who we are talking to here- it's either David Krejci, his agent, a close relative, or someone with an unhealthy obsession. You say anything that is less than "Krejci is a lock for the hall of fame, best player on the team hands down" and he gets super defensive. It's weird.

He is bullied by Bruins fans online. Nothing but spoiled punks

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I am sure David can handle himself. He is a grown man who makes a lot of money living in the public eye. It goes with the territory. I doubt he is as concerned about it as you are. It doesn't make it okay to do to him, but that is the world we live in these days. He is far from the only athlete, musician, celebrity, etc. that takes crap online from peckerheads. But your tireless vigilance in defense of him is still weird.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He is the one spoiled at 7.25 million and cannot even skate hard 20 mins a nite. STop please,.I weld upside down in holes u could not imagine for far far less where I could die actually,. I would chase them around the ice in high heels for that :dooney:O WHAT A SITE HEHE

Reactions: KrejciMVP

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We get it. He gets 7.25 million. Dont hear u holding Red Sox players to the fire for their contracts. This is personal, and this guy helped bring a cup

It's not personal. It's business.

And the reason I'm not holding Sox guys to the fire is because this isn't a Sox thread. IMO, they all make too much, but that's another debate.

Who cares if he helped win a cup 8 years ago? Lucic and Kelly helped them win a Cup and I thought they were overpaid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad