Prospect Info: David Farrance, D, 92nd Overall, USNTDP

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
What I expected. No answer and move the topic where you feel confident.
You deliberately asked a question that wasn't from this thread but was pertinent to multiple retorts to me in another thread. Your feigned offense is laughable based on the basis of your approach. Just as I expected, logical fallacies from you. What's next, create another false quote to argue against as you've done repeatedly over the past 24 hours? Retreat to its what you feel so it can't be questioned as you've done repeatedly? I'd ignore you but the range of logical fallacies you employ does make me laugh.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
You deliberately asked a question that wasn't from this thread but was pertinent to multiple retorts to me in another thread. Your feigned offense is laughable based on the basis of your approach. Just as I expected, logical fallacies from you. What's next, create another false quote to argue against as you've done repeatedly over the past 24 hours? Retreat to its what you feel so it can't be questioned as you've done repeatedly? I'd ignore you but the range of logical fallacies you employ does make me laugh.

I'll be honest, I had a nasty response typed up for you. But damn, that's just not me. Sorry for the trolling. Not really interested in anything further.

In all sincerity thank you for your service. I hope you enjoy your retirement.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I'll be honest, I had a nasty response typed up for you. But damn, that's just not me. Sorry for the trolling. Not really interested in anything further.

In all sincerity thank you for your service. I hope you enjoy your retirement.
Thanks. Notice that I keep my comments limited to the content of your posts and haven't lowered myself to going personal or name calling.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87
Jul 12, 2007
Sooooo ....... where’s Farrance ?
Is he headed this way to Nashville ?
Is he still prepping for a final exam in his History of Hockey Equipment class ?

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Oh I trust Farrance about as far as I can throw him but that doesn't mean you don't draft college players. Russian thing got much better due to Radulov and it forcing the agreement with the KHL, so it's a different world in that regards tbh. I still don't trust them though. :laugh:
Seems the “don’t draft college players” is more about that weird rule in the CBA, right? Throws things in good, developing college players favor while good, developing minor leaguers are more valuable. Teams are sometimes better off if their draftee doesn’t play well in college. That’s the weirdness.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Seems the “don’t draft college players” is more about that weird rule in the CBA, right? Throws things in good, developing college players favor while good, developing minor leaguers are more valuable. Teams are sometimes better off if their draftee doesn’t play well in college. That’s the weirdness.
Oh that rule definitely needs to be adjusted in some way. I could see making them a RFA coming in, but they shouldn't be able to just say nah screw you.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Oh that rule definitely needs to be adjusted in some way. I could see making them a RFA coming in, but they shouldn't be able to just say nah screw you.

Kinda sorta dont agree. I mean, non NCAA prospects only have to wait three years before a team loses their rights, correct?
The draft is an agreement among NHL teams that creates a finite period of exclusive rights, but they cant be binding forever. A player has to have some ability to say "no, I choose not to sign with the team that drafted me" and at some point they should be released from their obligation. Otherwise we are back to the old "reserve clause" days where a team owns you for life.

The NCAA rule already makes them wait 6 weeks past the UFA signing period, likely limiting their options should they hold on that long.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Kinda sorta dont agree. I mean, non NCAA prospects only have to wait three years before a team loses their rights, correct?
The draft is an agreement among NHL teams that creates a finite period of exclusive rights, but they cant be binding forever. A player has to have some ability to say "no, I choose not to sign with the team that drafted me" and at some point they should be released from their obligation. Otherwise we are back to the old "reserve clause" days where a team owns you for life.

Sadly, I have to agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad