Prospect Info: David Farrance, D, 92nd Overall, USNTDP

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He would have to have some truly bizarre reason to not sign with us. I know we're all sensitive because of Vesey, but it just wouldn't make any sense. NHL money, games in the NHL, an ELC year burned... that is all HUGE. If he doesn't care about that, then we simply never had a chance. He would literally be shooting himself in the foot for some abnormal sentimental reasons to not take that. And frankly... if a guy is THAT DUMB, then I don't think we should really want him anyway? Look at Vesey. That guy never went anywhere. If Farance is as dumb as that, I doubt we end up losing out in the end. Guys that dumb don't make it in the NHL. People should relax. Farrance isn't that dumb. He'll be here. He's a smart kid and fantastic talent, he'll be in our lineup soon.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I won't even get mildly concerned until late next week. His team got knocked out on Saturday night, today is Sunday ... Monday is the first business day after elimination. Next weekend is Easter which results in some out of the norm business timeline. Where I get start to get concerned is in the week after Easter up to the deadline.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Good news, I'm sure they promised to burn an ELC year this season.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
If they burn a year this season that effectively makes it a one year contract. Surely that was the players choice, probably because of all defensemen in front of him.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's going to need to figure it out in his own zone so AHL makes sense. I have read his knocks of poor spacing and gap control, but he has some elite upside based on his skating and hands. I am really excited to see him wherever he plays next.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Glad the notion of him going to FA got put to bed at lightning speed. Maybe making some progress towards not getting a sense of dread regarding NCAA players.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
A lot quicker than I expected.
I never thought this would happen. This was a good signing by the Preds. Now we’ll see if he’s as good as we thought. Sounds like ok offensively; needs work defensively but we’ll see. This is exciting.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Josi
Ekholm
Farrance (maybe)
Borocop
Davies (maybe)

Ellis
Fabbro
Carrier (Maybe)