Player Discussion David Desharnais

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Im aware of this but you dont always have to rely on your teamates for board battles sometimes you have to win some and in playoffs desharnais has always been countered easily, playing on a 3rd line realy helps playing against weaker players but u realy doubt desharnais keeps going, its funny tho how every fan base always say a player is awful and once they play for their team hes suddenly good. Desharnais has always had that vision and playmaking ability, but he will often look desinterested. Of course he will not do that and mignt not do it this season because he has something to prove. But time will tell, i dont think he will have a huge impact but could be wrong!
I have never said Desharnais is awful actually the opposite I made a thread on the mains stating he was underrated last season. But I agree with your statement on that . Leaf fans are by far the worst at doing this . They're a god while a Leaf instant garbage when traded:laugh:

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
That was always desharnais's problem... his vision and offensive ability was never denied, he lacks commitement in the D zone and tends to dissapear when the game comes physical! At some point here he would never ever won a single board battles. His passing skills was always A1, he was just a very bad fit in montreal at the end! And he clearly didnt play with the same fierce he did in his first couple of year here! Wish him good luck in edmonton but even with our lack of production in montreal i dont miss him because he wasnt bringing anything! Doesnt mean he wont bring anything in edmonton! Sometimes change of scenario brings out a flame!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Anyway to add a poll to this thread? We need to decide if the 3rd line is the: Hab Nots line, French Rejection line, or the All-Canadien Rejects line.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Im aware of this but you dont always have to rely on your teamates for board battles sometimes you have to win some and in playoffs desharnais has always been countered easily, playing on a 3rd line realy helps playing against weaker players but u realy doubt desharnais keeps going, its funny tho how every fan base always say a player is awful and once they play for their team hes suddenly good. Desharnais has always had that vision and playmaking ability, but he will often look desinterested. Of course he will not do that and mignt not do it this season because he has something to prove. But time will tell, i dont think he will have a huge impact but could be wrong!

He's playing on a soft minute 3rd line. We don't need him to have a huge impact.

You Habs fans sure do love to come in here and throw shade at this player. Get over it. He's not on your team anymore.

:laugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

We don't care. Enjoy Davidson. We're enjoying DD. Thanks man.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I think someone wants him back. NO BACKSIES! :rant:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He's playing on a soft minute 3rd line. We don't need him to have a huge impact.

You Habs fans sure do love to come in here and throw shade at this player. Get over it. He's not on your team anymore.

:laugh:

Nah, im a hockey fan before being of an organisation, so these type of things interest me habs or not

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Nah, im a hockey fan before being of an organisation, so these type of things interest me habs or not

Staying focused\interested shouldnt be a big issue since DD is playing for a new contract and is in a playoffs hunt. He also has two big and fast bodies as his wingers who can retrieve the puck. As long as he plays his game he will be fine in Edmonton.

No one in Edmonton is expecting him to be anything special. We are happy as long as he plays better than Caggiula as #3C.and is 50% on the dot.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hours before GAME 5:
They are both 4th line players. But at least Desharnais has enough skill to possibly slip one by Jones. He's shown some good offensive flashes in these playoffs, if you don't see that you are blinded by too much negativity while watching the game. Lander has zero chance to break through with a goal or an assist, Desharnais has a chance.

Chia agrees. Letting Lander goto the KHL and trading for Desharnais. I trust his assessment of hockey talent and my own personal eye test (REDACTED)

Before GAME 5:
- Desharnais surpises. I know he's not the Oiler fan favourite by any means right now, but he was dangerous in Game 3. I saw a great game by him. Effective backchecking, but noticably he was quick and creative in the O-zone. He wants to make a difference, he's trending up, I think he breaks through soon.

Before KlefBOMB's goal tying goal:
- Desharnais continues his feisty play. Another stick check and steal in the neutral zone. Some deft passes to the point. Good zone time shifts. Looks dangerous.

Pre Game 5 OT:
What a monster play by Desharnais. You think Chia picked up a nobody or what. Dudes got some ideas in the Ozone, he's smaller, he don't always get a chance to try his ideas but with enough space his quickness can be dangerous.

NEVER IN DOUBT. DESHARNAIS IS A GAMER! NEVER LOST FAITH IN DESHARNAIS!

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You called it, TheNumber4!

I loved his performance in game #3 where he seemed to be everywhere and was constantly creating things when his line had possession in the Sharks zone. Tonight he had another excellent outing. Exceptional presence of mind on the tying marker and what more can you say about the OT winner. Very glad he's an Oiler at the moment.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I'll be honest, I was kinda meh on the trade when it happened. It was a pretty low key trade, and another reclamation project by Chia. I don't think Desharnais is a game breaker by any means, but there is no doubt in my mind we don't win this game without him.

1) Draws a big penalty and puts us on the PP to get us the 3-2 goal.
2) Makes a fantastic play to get the puck to Klef on the 3-3 goal.
3) Scores the OT winner with an absolute beauty of a top shelf snipe (4-3).

Can't ask any more from the guy. That alone makes the trade worth it short term. Hopefully he can find his game back and play with this tenacity consistently. He's shown he's capable, and if he can do that, it'll be huge props to Chia for absolutely killing these calls on all these reclamation projects. (Other then Reinhart, but there's still time!)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You called it, TheNumber4!

I loved his performance in game #3 where he seemed to be everywhere and was constantly creating things when his line had possession in the Sharks zone. Tonight he had another excellent outing. Exceptional presence of mind on the tying marker and what more can you say about the OT winner. Very glad he's an Oiler at the moment.

Thank you SIR!

More thoughts on Desharnais:
Agreed on Game 3, he had so many nice flashes. He had this nifty centering pass that went through everyone including 2 Oilers in the paint, any of them find that he has himself a point in Game 3 too. He brought that same game to Game 5 and look hat happens! Easy prediction to make if you watch him closely. Dude has GAME. HABS fans booed Patrick Roy out of there City! We gon trust them to assess talent fairly!? Chia knew what he was as doing. This was a move for that extra little skill and experience that can provide that extra little bit of scoring needed to win in the playoffs!

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
After all the bashing that poor guy recieved on hf during his Habs days, I'm so happy about this. Habs stuggling without having a clue how to score, and DD nailing Sharks. Cosmic justice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad