Player Discussion David Desharnais

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Wow, talk about the unlikeliest of heroes! I guess that goal alone makes the trade worth it (not that a broken down Davidson is a whole lot).

morningla

Aug 18, 2011
one game winner/big goal is all we need from everyone.
who's left.

come on....

pouliot
eberle
nuge!!!
nurse
caggiula!!!
Slephy
drai doesn't even need one if he keeps up all his beaut assists... but damn was robbed on that 5 hole from Jones yesterday...

hoping Sekera benning, larsson Russel can pop some too.
that's 11 more wins for the Cup :laugh:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Loved to see the guy come through, and shove it in the face of his haters. A beast on the dot last night as well, and never shied away from the rough stuff, in fact thrived in it, and came on top more often than not. Chia actually does have a clue.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Loved to see the guy come through, and shove it in the face of his haters. A beast on the dot last night as well, and never shied away from the rough stuff, in fact thrived in it, and came on top more often than not. Chia actually does have a clue.

DD played a fantastic game... but did you see when he want to make a hit at some point (I think it was against one of their big guys), and the Shark player didn't even budge, meanwhile DD basically launched himself over the player with his hit, hahah.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Glad he broke out last night. I was really getting down on him like many others. Not just him though, the lack of scoring was getting tough to watch. Lots of guys were playing below their capability offensively.

Wonder who else we can get from the Habs for next years run.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
David Desharnais - The Oilers centre set up the tying goal late in the third period then notched the overtime winner, and had team-best possession stats (19 for, 7 against, 73.1 CF%) in a 4-3 Game Five win against San Jose. They were Desharnais' first points of the postseason.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Desharnais and Kassian have been major contributors to all 3 Oilers wins, yet Habs fans have said both are "garbage", and Flames fans have been going on ad nauseum about the Oilers "lack of depth".

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Desharnais and Kassian have been major contributors to all 3 Oilers wins, yet Habs fans have said both are "garbage", and Flames fans have been going on ad nauseum about the Oilers "lack of depth".

McDavid is in on 33% of our goals now instead of 40%+. Does that mean we have depth now?

Malkin is in on >50% of Pens goals. Bums have no depth.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
DD played a fantastic game... but did you see when he want to make a hit at some point (I think it was against one of their big guys), and the Shark player didn't even budge, meanwhile DD basically launched himself over the player with his hit, hahah.

Yes, and size will do that to you more often than not, no arguement there. But the important thing to remember, is the WILL to want to do it. I'd rather have a small guy that will try to play physical, than some big oaf that cruises around and touches no one.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The irrational hatred on the Montreal board against this guy was/is sickening.

It's great to see DD contribute significantly in such an important situation. He's got some gas left in the tank and if his minutes are limited he can be effective.

Enjoy your playoff run, Oilers fans!

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
DD is a pure stretch drive playoff rental - and of course we would like a bigger, better bottom 6 center - but DD was the best on offer for Davidson. Whatever else happens DD was helpful down the stretch and was huge last night. Trade has covered the bet as it is unlikely Davidson would have played more than a game or two down the stretch and maybe G1 of this series. We needed to "something" at the deadline to help fill an obvious hole (3C) but not give up any real assets. The DD trade qualified.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
DD is a pure stretch drive playoff rental - and of course we would like a bigger, better bottom 6 center - but DD was the best on offer for Davidson. Whatever else happens DD was helpful down the stretch and was huge last night. Trade has covered the bet as it is unlikely Davidson would have played more than a game or two down the stretch and maybe G1 of this series. We needed to "something" at the deadline to help fill an obvious hole (3C) but not give up any real assets. The DD trade qualified.

for sure no matter what type of player we think we need, Desharnais brought enough results to make it worth the trade. He wasn't used much in the series before that point, but for whatever reason he just clicked in a big way. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling, because I still feel in principle that he was a great pick up. If he's got big physical wingers then his small, shifty game can be a great complement. We'll see how he responds to his great performance.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So happy when we traded for jim ,but I admit I was starting to turn on him last 4 games or so . Chia is really showing he knows character players in this league.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Yes, and size will do that to you more often than not, no arguement there. But the important thing to remember, is the WILL to want to do it. I'd rather have a small guy that will try to play physical, than some big oaf that cruises around and touches no one.

Oh no for sure I agree. I just found it incredibly hilarious, lol. I was a fan of the trade then, and certainly am a fan now.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Even if he doesn't do a whole lot the rest of the way (and I'm not giving him a pass of course), his play last night was the whole reason for the trade. Get one big game out of some lesser lights, a few big ones from your stars, lots from your goalie and before you know it, you've got 16 wins and a SC. Davidson was unlikely to play in these playoffs for us, so it was a smart deal and the best Chia could do. Paid off with the biggest win in 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad