Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why do people mention Thomas? He's clearly not going to make it in Montreal.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lol, oh geez that's too funny...didn't realize he (Gaston) was 'that' bad...
He's awful.

But Desharnais hasn't been nearly as bad as many say here. Probably around a 70%

Eller is definitely much higher than 55%

Markov is about right.

Subban was about a 40% through the first 20 or so games, but he's been phenomenal lately. Probably a 75% for me and going up fast.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
He's awful.

But Desharnais hasn't been nearly as bad as many say here. Probably around a 70%

Markov is about right.

Subban was about a 40% through the first 20 or so games, but he's been phenomenal lately. Probably a 75% for me and going up fast.

Eller needs to get his consistence in check....last game was just terrible and I found he was not generating anything for his wingers.

PS:DD at 80% is a joke IMO. Not that good and perhaps not that bad.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He's awful.

Markov is about right.

The rhetoric right now that i've seen in the medias and even in this thread is that DD is now a versatile player. That he's producing on the wing. Gaston said it again: Effective at every position.

Although DD did have a couple of games where he did create a lot of thing and played a good game. Actually look really good from time to time......i will give him that, it's a lot better that i would've tought. He also needs time to adjust.

DD has been on the wing for 7 games. Very small sample size.
Production of our winger during that time:

Pacioretty: 7 points
Gallagher: 5 points
Weise: 4 points
Sekac: 3 points
Bournival: 2 points in 4 games
Parenteau: 2 points in 5 games
Prust: 2 points
Desharnais: 2 points
Andrighetto: 0 points

I would hold the champagne and the "he's producing on the wing"....."he's versatile"....not that he looked atrocious. But it's a long shot from being conclusive at this points.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The rhetoric right now that i've seen in the medias and even in this thread is that DD is now a versatile player. That he's producing on the wing. Gaston said it again: Effective at every position.

Although DD did have a couple of games where he did create a lot of thing and played a good game. Actually look really good from time to time......i will give him that, it's a lot better that i would've tought. He also needs time to adjust.

I would hold the champagne and the "he's producing on the wing"....."he's versatile"....not that he looked atrocious. But it's a long shot from being conclusive at this points.

He's been OK this year overall I think. He's got some value and is very trade-able. He's not overly productive but in the right situation, I still see a 50pts center.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Why are you quoting me there? I said nothing in my post that says anything like that..

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
why do we keep bringing up what gaston says. he's bat**** insane and probably has the iq of a shoe. either that or he's catering to the french crowd in which case he's just a pandering idiot.

either way he, l'anti-chambre and bergeron should never, ever, be listened to or re-posted here

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
why do we keep bringing up what gaston says. he's bat**** insane and probably has the iq of a shoe. either that or he's catering to the french crowd in which case he's just a pandering idiot.

Hey! That's unfair to shoes and pandering idiots.... :sarcasm:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm not a Desharnais fan, but he was one of our best forwards last night so I don't have a problem with how much he played.

He's looked a lot better with Parenteau out/off his line.. I'd like to see him with Eller/Sekac as he seems to be more productive when he has bigger players who can protect the puck with him.

Agreed. I think he and PAP have too similar a style and lack physicality to really work together. Frankly, I think DD looked great on Eller's wing and still wonder why Therrien jumped him up to Plek's.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Plekanec - PAP
Desharnais - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Bournival - Weise
Malhotra

That's who I'd role.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think switching Gallagher and PAP may make sense too.

Parenteau can produce really well when he has excellent linemates. And that second line doesn't have any physicality either.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is still going on too...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/bulletin-du-canadien-après-40-matchs-1.2092995

Report Card After 40 Games (Gaston Therrien)

DD-80%
Markov-75%
Subban-65%
Eller-55%

Given the influence of RDS, another 20 threads like these couldn't make up for this skewed spin.

Remember in thread 1 I said something like "People hate more DD because of what's around him than DD himself"? That's what I was referring to....obviously with so many threads, we loss count. ;) Yep, DD deserves some of the "hate" when he was used the way he was. But now...how about giving the guy some slack and see how he plays in a role he has never been used before IN HIS LIFE? I think that while not ideal, far from it, he's doing a much better job than anticipated and even just a much better job than at C. At one point, we will move on from him totally. But I think that right now at the very least he deserves a shot no matter what Gaston Therrien says.....How the heck is a guy we already established as a moron, in Gaston Therrien, is a determining factor as to who this board will conduct itself?

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
DD and Plek can t be on the same line. If DD not on the top line he needs to get traded. He has no business playing wing on the 3rd line. In other words he has no place on this team.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
This is still going on too...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/bulletin-du-canadien-après-40-matchs-1.2092995

Report Card After 40 Games (Gaston Therrien)

DD-80%
Markov-75%
Subban-65%
Eller-55%

Given the influence of RDS, another 20 threads like these couldn't make up for this skewed spin.

What kind of argument is that? Because some guy overrates the guy, you're going to hate on him to bring "balance"? You must be pretty damn powerful, because from my point of view, that's just pointless. Just goes to prove some people's hate on Desharnais goes WAY past what he is on the ice.

DD and Plek can t be on the same line. If DD not on the top line he needs to get traded. He has no business playing wing on the 3rd line. In other words he has no place on this team.

And here we go. First he had no business centering our 1st line, after he had no business being a center, now he has no business being in this lineup. There are some agendas here that are based on much more than the guy's performance.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
That report card is terrible! Markov and Subban play the most minutes on one of the best teams? Its not like the habs have all stars up front to make them look good...1 solid line Markov and Subban and especially Subban this year is under appreciated compare his stats to Drew Doughty! Or Karlsson

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Remember in thread 1 I said something like "People hate more DD because of what's around him than DD himself"? That's what I was referring to....obviously with so many threads, we loss count. ;) Yep, DD deserves some of the "hate" when he was used the way he was. But now...how about giving the guy some slack and see how he plays in a role he has never been used before IN HIS LIFE? I think that while not ideal, far from it, he's doing a much better job than anticipated and even just a much better job than at C. At one point, we will move on from him totally. But I think that right now at the very least he deserves a shot no matter what Gaston Therrien says.....How the heck is a guy we already established as a moron, in Gaston Therrien, is a determining factor as to who this board will conduct itself?

I agree with this. Desharnais could have become one of our favourite 3rd line players. Instead, he became one of our 1st line whipping boys because he was misused. Not his fault.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think switching Gallagher and PAP may make sense too.

Parenteau can produce really well when he has excellent linemates. And that second line doesn't have any physicality either.

Plekanec and Gallagher were great in the playoffs together too before Gallagher got moved to the Max/DD line. I'm just not a huge fan of Gally on that line, he doesn't pass enough and he has two guys with really good shots with him.. Parenteau is a very good passer and it'd allow Pacioretty to help get more shots.

Nynja*

Plekanec and Gallagher were great in the playoffs together too before Gallagher got moved to the Max/DD line. I'm just not a huge fan of Gally on that line, he doesn't pass enough and he has two guys with really good shots with him.. Parenteau is a very good passer and it'd allow Pacioretty to help get more shots.

So your idea is to replace DD, who basically became a very predictable setup man for Patches, with PAP, because he can be a very predictable setup man for Patches.

I see absolutely no flaw in this plan whatsoever

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Based on what you said. Based on what makes sense for the team. Plecky is weak along the boards DD has his moments but as the season moves along things are going to get more intense. DD with all the heart in the world will lose more battles then other. Sekac is a two way player who will take over DD soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad