David Desharnais part X - Together We Rise, Together We Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Desharnais is officially the new record holder for fastest player to have 10 full ~1000 posts thread dedicated to him from the start of a season (previously held by the Sundin series if I'm not wrong). I want to thank all the posters who made this record possible: KrissE, SouthernHab, LyricalLyricist, Andy, OneManRockBand, Ohashi, WTK, DAChampion, Grant, hotogisu, SmurfsFTW, ECHWSomething, W7, JLP, Rapala, Erik Estrada, countless others and last but not least, Lafleur's Guy without which these threads would've died long ago. Thank you for your dedication everyone.

1zhAgqd.gif

But then I'm told he is just as bashed as any other Habs were....

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I've always wondered if there is some intra-team turmoil regarding this issue. Surely the players have noticed this as well...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

He's certainly defended more than any Habs player despite the mutual acknowledgement that he's got little trade value and top 3 strenghths are chemistry with Pacioretty, he's a playmaker, and faceoffs.

~ Plastic on tip of shoe lace

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I've always wondered if there is some intra-team turmoil regarding this issue. Surely the players have noticed this as well...

Agree. Desharnais produces the fewest results yet gets the most sugar. I'm guessing other players shrug it off as a local-guy-bias thing and maybe that's why they look uninterested lately: if their deployment is not performance-based then why give any extra effort?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We can't know that unfortunately. When is the last time a Habs player has shat on another Hab?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This thread is awful. Let's cool it a bit, eh?

DD is really bad and we're definitely in his last stretch as a Hab. Whether he leaves tomorrow or in July - he's a goner.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Has someone done the correlation between our fall down rankings and the number of times DD falls on the ice per game?

- My stats teacher

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
He's certainly defended more than any Habs player despite the mutual acknowledgement that he's got little trade value and top 3 strenghths are chemistry with Pacioretty, he's a playmaker, and faceoffs.

~ Plastic on tip of shoe lace

That's called the "aglet"
( I just watched a Phineas and Ferb episode..........
They sang about shoe laces.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

It'd be different if the results weren't there but he was playing like Gallagher and skating his ass off every game, instead Desharnais just glides out there 90% of the time and is afraid to take hits to make plays.

Can't even imagine how Eller feels seeing every time he has chemistry with linemates they get taken off his line to get Desharnais "going".

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I see my "Time to put the elf on the shelf" suggestion for the thread title wasn't used.

I don't get it...its festive and relevant....

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
This thread is awful. Let's cool it a bit, eh?

DD is really bad and we're definitely in his last stretch as a Hab. Whether he leaves tomorrow or in July - he's a goner.

OMRB and others seem certain Desharnais will remain on the squad through 2017 and possibly beyond. I can't see how he would be traded as he has close to zero market value. Also while some people say criticism of Desharnais has to do with language, I'd argue the opposite: that language is why he has kept his special spot atop our top-nine. It certainly isn't performance-based.

So I wish I could but can't agree with your suggestion that Desharnais is definitely in his last stretch as a Hab.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
OMRB and others seem certain Desharnais will remain on the squad through 2017 and possibly beyond. I can't see how he would be traded as he has close to zero market value. Also while some people say criticism of Desharnais has to do with language, I'd argue the opposite: that language is why he has kept his special spot atop our top-nine. It certainly isn't performance-based.

So I wish I could but can't agree with your suggestion that Desharnais is definitely in his last stretch as a Hab.

Expansion is coming:laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Not that I think French fans are illogical, I don't and I would prefer more talented French or Canadian players on the team than less, but it would be a sigh of ****ing relief if Quebec City got a team and the media focused on their pur-laine **** for a while and got off our backs.

Send DD there, let's see how they would feel with a "great offensive centre"

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Not that I think French fans are illogical, I don't and I would prefer more talented French or Canadian players on the team than less, but it would be a sigh of ****ing relief if Quebec City got a team and the media focused on their pur-laine **** for a while and got off our backs.

Exactly why I think having the Nords back would be fantastic.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

He is, but other players aren't nearly as defended. Heck, you have people that are think he's not playing well and shouldn't be on the first but still defend him.
It's ridiculous. He's playing like Gomez did, but Gomez wasn't nearly as defended.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Either that or the media will start a competition between the two teams to see which one "really care about our language" and can get the most "p'tit gars d'chez nous".

If they go that road it might get really annoying. But meh, as long as they don't go out of their way to get inferior french players, I won't complain.

Last edited:

habitue*

Either that or the media will start a competition between the two teams to see which one "really care about our language" and can get the most "p'**** gars d'chez nous".

If they go that road it might get really annoying. But meh, as long as they don't go out of their way to get inferior french players, I won't complain.

The usual b.s around here.
Get a ****ing lfe, dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad