Player Discussion David Desharnais - Ever Evolving Thread Title Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's been over for DD for awhile now...
We've talked about this, I don't think that was the case. And I certainly wouldn't have bet my car on it. Everytime this guy was counted out he was brought back in. I have zero faith that MT would've done away with this guy.

Well you should've LG, Therrien had him sitting out his last 3 games, is this the actions of a coach who wants a player resigned?
He'd sat out before only to be brought back...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We've talked about this, I don't think that was the case. And I certainly wouldn't have bet my car on it. Everytime this guy was counted out he was brought back in. I have zero faith that MT would've done away with this guy.

He'd sat out before only to be brought back...

I wasn't talking about this year...hell, CJ might bring him back into the lineup this year.

But many of you kept proposing the idea that a contract extension was the likely outcome for DD this year.

I've been waiting all year for this pending announcement...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I wasn't talking about this year...hell, CJ might bring him back into the lineup this year.

But many of you kept proposing the idea that a contract extension was the likely outcome for DD this year.

I've been waiting all year for this pending announcement...
Well, now that MT's gone... we won't have to. :)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At least we can agree on that :cheers:

But really......he was never coming back
Maybe. But like I said, I wouldn't have bet my car on it. But now that CJ has taken over my "I'll believe it when I see it" stance is gone. I can't see how he comes back now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
lol yeah...I'm sure Bergevin shredded Desharnais 8yr contract extension seconds after firing Therrien

This DD extension is right up there with the "Bouillon is about to become our asst. coach" claims :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Maybe. But like I said, I wouldn't have bet my car on it. But now that CJ has taken over my "I'll believe it when I see it" stance is gone. I can't see how he comes back now.

I guess you can say that this year, with Therrien, it was stamp and sealed, but with Julien in, you can add delivered. Too many kids knocking at the door now....RIP DD

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Still surprise he wasn't on waivers yet....
With McCarron with the big club, he's been dropped at #6 in the depth chart at center.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You mean realists.......

Like we knew he wasn't gonna be resigned
Like we knew it wasn't always his fault when the habs lost
Like we knew he wouldn't be a staple on the PP this year
Like we knew DD would remain a bottom 6 player all season

The funny thing is that most of us realists don't even like DD, we hated the extension, but because we really don't like the player, it doesn't mean that we'regonna join your pow wow to destroy the guy either and lay blame on him all the ****ing time........

Let's just say that I've witnessed people who are ****** getting a good old **** kicking, but if he fell and people converged towards him to start kicking him.....well that's when I introduce myself....that's who I am!

Well that's a strange analogy.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So i guess it was your material as i didnt say it to give your material.

You should go back to making up things in the pleks thread. Your best material or shall i say posts are there

Not sure what you're having trouble understanding here? There were quite a few posters who have told us all year that an extension for DD was impending, it was only a matter of time.

If that wasn't you, then I don't know why you're replying to my post, if it was you...then the shot fits.

Furthermore, nothing I've said about Plekanec is 'made up'...you may not agree with it, but it is not made up.

That's not how I criticize players because it's a pet peeve of mine of how the majority of people criticize certain players here.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yes PaulD....all this stuff your telling me was last year and the year before that. If you couldn't see that this year he was used a lot less, that his role diminished either by Therrien or management, then there is nothing left for me to say. The numbers prove it...ice time, role, PP time, games he sat out...it's all there man, don't give me past year, we're talking this season.

Oh yes. I watched his time diminish. His play was horrible. His efforts weak and feeble. Could barely stay on his feet. No way should he have been in the line up at all. On any line. Therrien gave a gallant effort rthough. DD and his fans will never fault Therrien for not giving him ample opportunity to remain in the line up. Then finally Therrien agreed with what most fans were telling him for years. Scratch the guy permanently. So shrewd. You doint have to hit him with a hammer. Nothing gets by MT.

Yes I fully agree and noticed it too. :popcorn:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So i guess it was your material as i didnt say it to give your material.

You should go back to making up things in the pleks thread. Your best material or shall i say posts are there

Never known 417 to do that.

(has has pointed out a couple times where I did however) ha!

I sometimes trust my memory and don't research. Only to be proven wrong. ( ;

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Never known 417 to do that.

(has has pointed out a couple times where I did however) ha!

I sometimes trust my memory and don't research. Only to be proven wrong. ( ;

A lot of people have disagreed with me over the years about Plekanec (curiously silent on the same topic today mindyou), but never have I fabricated things about Plekanec.

You didn't have to agree with me, but nothing I ever said about Plekanec wasn't facts...just because the truth wasn't convenient to some, doesn't mean I made things up.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh yes. I watched his time diminish. His play was horrible. His efforts weak and feeble. Could barely stay on his feet. No way should he have been in the line up at all. On any line. Therrien gave a gallant effort rthough. DD and his fans will never fault Therrien for not giving him ample opportunity to remain in the line up. Then finally Therrien agreed with what most fans were telling him for years. Scratch the guy permanently. So shrewd. You doint have to hit him with a hammer. Nothing gets by MT.

Thank you for admitting that he was used a lot less this year, that was my point.....:popcorn:

wether he should've been exiled from Montreal or not is a whole other debate that I feel you and I would find a lot of common ground if your post is any indication of how you really feel

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

more like, the guy was fired so he cant bring DD back in the lineup anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad