Player Discussion David Desharnais - Ever Evolving Thread Title Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
How anyone still believes he's got some value (that includes our GM) is beyond me.

Habs are looking for centers
Habs are trying to get rid of a center

Can't help DD's value :laugh:

But who knows, lack of center/players available, 50% salary retained, 7th round pick accepted....maybe a team will bite.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Habs are looking for centers
Habs are trying to get rid of a center

Can't help DD's value :laugh:

But who knows, lack of center/players available, 50% salary retained, 7th round pick accepted....maybe a team will bite.

Desharnais is a negative when he's on the ice. Which team, let alone a playoffs team, would want to suit him up?

He's done. Unless we lose a lot of games and CJ wants to try to shake things up, he's not playing anymore.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Desharnais is a negative when he's on the ice. Which team, let alone a playoffs team, would want to suit him up?

He's done. Unless we lose a lot of games and CJ wants to try to shake things up, he's not playing anymore.

I agree, baring injuries, DD is done here, (sorry bashers, he's not getting extended) but unlike you, I believe he finds work in the NHL next year. I predict he'll carve himself out an 8 goal, 25pt season next season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree, baring injuries, DD is done here, (sorry bashers, he's not getting extended) but unlike you, I believe he finds work in the NHL next year. I predict he'll carve himself out an 8 goal, 25pt season next season.

Based on what exactly?..I don't understand why anybody would want to take this player on. He's not a useful bottom player and he can't cut it on top 6. He's been on a steady decline for 3 years now where he's regularly scratched.
Unless Julien revives him, I really do not see why anybody would take him on.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Looks like that impending extension he's been rumored to sign is taking a bit more time than expected.

Maybe they're having trouble agreeing on 7 vs 8 years?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Daddy's gone, Junior is ouuttt. :handclap::handclap::handclap:
Something else good must happen, things happen in three's, right.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Therrien is gone now.
Exactly. Any hope DD had of maintaining his job here went out the door with Therrien. He's as good as gone now. We may keep him for spot duty and injury replacement until the end of the year but I don't see how this guy comes back next season without Therrien here.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Exactly. Any hope DD had of maintaining his job here went out the door with Therrien. He's as good as gone now. We may keep him for spot duty and injury replacement until the end of the year but I don't see how this guy comes back next season without Therrien here.

Eh, so they're going to give up this season?

Like I've said from the start, this team is not winning anything with him in the organization. He's like a curse -- the Stanley Cup does not want to be tainted.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
DD and Therrien done at the same time. No team picks either one up again.

Even if Quebec got a team.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Of course it's all 'what if' at this point, but I'm pretty sure a team in Québec city would have taken him this year or next year. He's from Laurier-Station and would be a good fit on a team that wants to tank a few years while still providing some form of entertainment.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
LV is their last chance. DD is going to be like a fish in the water in LV if they pick him up.

I predict he's going to score more goals than our best centerman. Bold prediction, I know, but I'm confidend.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
TVA has a segment with Lavoie/Dube and last night they had a survey, something about DD, and it was a 55/45 split? Did any of you guys see this? What was the question they were asking?
Anyone know?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

What would be funny is if he got traded to the Pens, habs retain 1/2 the salary, he plays 1 playoff game and wins the cup and gets his name etched on the cup for eternity :laugh:

This place would MELT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad