Player Discussion David Desharnais - Ever Evolving Thread Title Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What about Desharnais for free, because that's what his value is. DD for a ninth round pick would be ideal.

The draft is only 7 rounds... and even if it was 22 rounds, DD would still be sitting in our press box.

I don't understand why people have such a hard time figuring what is the problem here. Desharnais is a negative. Not a late pick. A negative. At this point, if he's ever traded that will be out of pity. Like Bergevin will send him somewhere, taking back a useless 3.5M guy who will sit in the press box.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
See Carey Price.

So you actually think that if the Habs had retained Michel Therrien, that they would of re-signed Desharnais?

Do you actually believe this?

Or just an attempt at saving face regarding the constant claims that the organization was on the verge of re-signing him?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Therrien is gone now.

1k4wfp.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So you actually think that if the Habs had retained Michel Therrien, that they would of re-signed Desharnais?

I would have never counted him out with Therrien in the organization. Seriously, how did Cube stay in the lineup so long?

Before MT was fired I was saying "I'll believe it when I see it." Therrien's gone now and I don't see how this guy stays in our lineup beyond this season now. With MT being fired, it's over for DD. He may make his way into the lineup this year for spot duty but that's about it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I would have never counted him out with Therrien in the organization. Seriously, how did Cube stay in the lineup so long?

Before MT was fired I was saying "I'll believe it when I see it." Therrien's gone now and I don't see how this guy stays in our lineup beyond this season now. With MT being fired, it's over for DD. He may make his way into the lineup this year for spot duty but that's about it.

It's been over for DD for awhile now...MT getting fired really has little to do with it.

He wasn't coming back under any circumstances.

Not even a lifetime contract for Therrien would of brought him back.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's been over for DD for awhile now...MT getting fired really has little to do with it.

He wasn't coming back under any circumstances.

Not even a lifetime contract for Therrien would of brought him back.

MT was pushing DD to the pressbox after already being a 3rd liner on average the whole year.

Yeah, MT being fired is the turning point.:sarcasm:

It was evident DD wasn't getting signed a long time ago. You and I have been posting this for awhile now.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Or just an attempt at saving face regarding the constant claims that the organization was on the verge of re-signing him?

I am not fighting with you today, I gave you my thoughts on DD a few pages back. cheers.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I am just glad Frodo is out. I won't Crack my bottle of wine till he is gone though. He's like a cat, just keeps on reappearing. Love the tears of the appologists.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
It's weird some posters have said for YEARS that DD was the problem and that getting him out would unleash AG and benefit the team.

Well, the Habs have about 33 pts in 30 games when David isn't playing. So I guess we're looking for another scapegoat?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Well you should've LG, Therrien had him sitting out his last 3 games, is this the actions of a coach who wants a player resigned?

Is the message being sent to the GM I want this player long term, he's dependable when you sit him, a vet, in place of rookies?

Let's be real here, don't give me this bs about what he did last year.

DD has been a constant on the bottom 6, 10th I believe in ice time when it comes to fwds, with Flynn, the only vet to be sat out this year IIRC.....nothing points to I want this player, not-a-thing!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's weird some posters have said for YEARS that DD was the problem and that getting him out would unleash AG and benefit the team.

Well, the Habs have about 33 pts in 30 games when David isn't playing. So I guess we're looking for another scapegoat?

DD was not to blame. But his mere presence was a sign that this team stinks down the middle.

Therrien man crush on him was another story all together. Just plain ridiculous ....not to mention annoying.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well you should've LG, Therrien had him sitting out his last 3 games, is this the actions of a coach who wants a player resigned?

Is the message being sent to the GM I want this player long term, he's dependable when you sit him, a vet, in place of rookies?

Let's be real here, don't give me this bs about what he did last year.

DD has been a constant on the bottom 6, 10th I believe in ice time when it comes to fwds, with Flynn, the only vet to be sat out this year IIRC.....nothing points to I want this player, not-a-thing!

Except for the 300 regular season games, 30 plus play off games, powerplay, first line duties that the coach gave to him.

Therrien was sitting on the fence of unemployment.....its no stretch to believe the coach was finally told DD is out.

Had Carey kept the team winning like he usually does. DD would be in the line up now, under Therrien. We all know that.

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Other than a team like Arizona, bottom feeder, or LV, new, picking him up just to hit the cap floor or have a body on the ice, I don't see him moving in a solo deal. More likely, if he gets moved it will be as a cap dump in a bigger deal.
I have never had any issue with DD. He always played his role as defined by the coach, without complaint and to the best of his ability. It wasn't his fault Therrien played him top 6 for so long.
I wish him the best where ever he ends up, but moving him out is best for the team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I am just glad Frodo is out. I won't Crack my bottle of wine till he is gone though. He's like a cat, just keeps on reappearing. Love the tears of the appologists.

You mean realists.......

Like we knew he wasn't gonna be resigned
Like we knew it wasn't always his fault when the habs lost
Like we knew he wouldn't be a staple on the PP this year
Like we knew DD would remain a bottom 6 player all season

The funny thing is that most of us realists don't even like DD, we hated the extension, but because we really don't like the player, it doesn't mean that we'regonna join your pow wow to destroy the guy either and lay blame on him all the ****ing time........

Let's just say that I've witnessed people who are ****** getting a good old **** kicking, but if he fell and people converged towards him to start kicking him.....well that's when I introduce myself....that's who I am!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Except for the 300 regular season games, 30 plus play off games, powerplay, first line duties that the coach gave to him.

Therrien was sitting on the fence of unemployment.....its no stretch to believe the coach was finally told DD is out.

Had Carey kept the team winning like he usually does. DD would be in the line up now, under Therrien. We all know that.
Yes PaulD....all this stuff your telling me was last year and the year before that. If you couldn't see that this year he was used a lot less, that his role diminished either by Therrien or management, then there is nothing left for me to say. The numbers prove it...ice time, role, PP time, games he sat out...it's all there man, don't give me past year, we're talking this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad