Player Discussion David Desharnais - Ever Evolving Thread Title Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Healthy scratch today. Does it continue or does he find himself back in the lineup soon?

He'll be back in lineup eventually. Thinking otherwise is being blind to history.

It's very rare you get scratched for rest of season.

Not to mention injuries, slumps and the rest happen.

I think DDs time might be cemented as done if we acquire a top end forward at the deadline. That would just make it that much harder for him to get back in.

I think DD won't be put on waivers. Financially, it serves no purpose, you may save cap in the minors but you don't save costs. So...DD will probably stay here and watch his importance dwindle away. He'll make some points, he'll get some PP time but overall he won't be that impactful either way unless people want to pretend his 13 minutes of ice time are crushing.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I could see him being waived. He's depth but expensive, replaceable depth. If someone picks him up now that's savings on the cap that could make acquiring someone else easier. If he's not you still save some and you can always bring him up as a black ace. I could see him having an important role (perhaps like Briere a few years ago) in the playoffs and only play in a handful of games. You can never have too much depth, especially and centre and defense.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He'll be back in lineup eventually. Thinking otherwise is being blind to history.

I think DDs time might be cemented as done if we acquire a top end forward at the deadline. That would just make it that much harder for him to get back in.

I think DD won't be put on waivers. Financially, it serves no purpose, you may save cap in the minors but you don't save costs. So...DD will probably stay here and watch his importance dwindle away. He'll make some points, he'll get some PP time but overall he won't be that impactful either way unless people want to pretend his 13 minutes of ice time are crushing.

Great post

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

But he would be a great first captain for the Rocket :naughty:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Back at center
Back on the top 6

Galchenyuk, who has 45 pts in 49 game since taking DD's spot last year as 1st line center pushed back on the wing.

Come on, you know you are....it wasn't supposed to be possible.
Depth player, in and out of the line-up, no favoritism, good coaching......yeah right.

Guess we were right AGAIN.

It's so un-****ing-believable.
This is truly a bad coach at work.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
How long do we give MT until its Pac-DD-Radu and Chucky-Danault-Byron lol

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
You pro Desharnais camp must be happy.

Our franchise center, producing at almost a point a game, has one game and is moved to left wing for your hero.

The midget who couldn't play on any contenders lineup moves in to center.

Awesome.

You guys must be ecstatic.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So this is the reply after I said that it was a possibility that MT would put AG back on the wing with all the centers coming back from injuries:

I highly doubt it.
Galchenyuk has played center since January of last season and has looked good.
He was playing him wing before because he wasn't quite ready to be a top line center.
Therrien also knows that they need Galchenyuk at center if they want to go far in the playoffs.

Really, the only reason you can think of Galchenyuk being put back at wing is if you are one of those guys who thinks DD is the son of Therrien...

Galchenyuk likely to play with Shaw and Ghetto when he comes back.
DD on the 4th line. Unless they decide to put DD as a winger on the 3rd line and ghetto on the 4th.

So it is confirmed that MT is DD's father?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You pro Desharnais camp must be happy.

Our franchise center, producing at almost a point a game, has one game and is moved to left wing for your hero.

The midget who couldn't play on any contenders lineup moves in to center.

Awesome.

You guys must be ecstatic.

There's a pro Desharnais camp?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
My distaste for that little weasel, and his dad behind the bench has never burned stronger.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
giphy.gif

DD is the gift that keeps on giving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad