Dave Tippett's future after not making the playoffs for 2 straight seasons

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
the difference between DAL and PHX this year is that a guy fell on Smith's knee and not Lehtonen's

I disagree. The difference is that we averaged 1.5 goals per game after Smith went down. Greiss had a couple of major FUBARs, but you really cannot blame this on goaltending. Our offense hit the skids.

Feb 12, 2003
Money spent doesn't necessarily mean money well spent. I would tend to say that Anaheim and Colorado had less dead weight on their roster than we did. I know that's ultimately the point, but some of that is the value of the contracts. If you overspend on someone like Moss then you have less to pay someone in Halpern's role. We had paid extra in a number of spots that allowed less flexibility in others. That's why the Klesla-Erat trade had to be dollar for dollar. You can't just say that guys like Stone and Summers come in cheap to fill holes either, because all teams have those types of guys under contract as well.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I disagree. The difference is that we averaged 1.5 goals per game after Smith went down. Greiss had a couple of major FUBARs, but you really cannot blame this on goaltending. Our offense hit the skids.

Agreed. The defense and goal tending are good enough to contend. We need more skill, energy, speed and physicality out of our forwards. That means a trade or three and adding a 2 or three young guys to the lineup. That will put more pressure on Tippett and his staff. It will also make their jobs harder because they will have to put in more time teaching and developing. Welcome to NHL coaching in the 21st century. Time to get to work boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad