Confirmed with Link: Dave Scott retiring as chairman, Dan Hilferty to assume chairman role on April 17, governor July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Imagine thinking Brieres boss has less power than him.

Briere's boss is Flahr.

Also, Flahr's boss is Briere.

See:

1683762649527.png

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I can testify that this is almost as bad. They haven't started suing broke old women or bribing the government or sexually exploiting employees yet.

Yet.
Hmm, in the NHL sexual abuse lands you a franchise player so I’m shocked they haven’t tried it yet.

Though who knows what Clarke made Cuck do behind closed doors.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Two search firms, and the furthest afield they got was the color commentator of Flyers games. "Exhaustive" in the sense that 17 phone calls on deadline day was "exhaustive." I'm having a hard time believing any group of people can be this incompetent. And each of them is a millionaire.

Even after everything the past 13 years, I am honestly gobsmacked.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
They don't actually care about the communication issues. That's a mask for what they actually care about, making sure there's a clear path between the top of management and the GM. Nobody in the way, nobody to argue against them, nobody to take the GM's side if he disagrees. That was easily their favorite feature of Fletcher and they want to keep that. Just a straight and direct line to him. To maintain their influence. I would bet @CanadianFlyer88's bladder on it.

I do think there's some truth to it. After the Provorov Pride night stuff, there was all the talk about how Hockey Ops had cut the business side out of the loop. My theory is that Camillo + others wanted this President to have better "communications," which sure is fine, but then that criteria become somehow the defining factor of the job.

Of course, the answer to that issue is "Make sure Briere/the President actually communicates with Camillo," not "Redefine the Presidency to be Camillo's deputy"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Two search firms, and the furthest afield they got was the color commentator of Flyers games. "Exhaustive" in the sense that 17 phone calls on deadline day was "exhaustive." I'm having a hard time believing any group of people can be this incompetent. And each of them is a millionaire.

They paid money for this.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Again, prime Mel Brooks couldnt write this shit

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I do think there's some truth to it. After the Provorov Pride night stuff, there was all the talk about how Hockey Ops had cut the business side out of the loop. My theory is that Camillo + others wanted this President to have better "communications," which sure is fine, but then that criteria become somehow the defining factor of the job.

I imagine it's what the old guard jumped on to build a position that will be out of their way. They gotta keep that direct line of influence open. They got spoiled under Fletcher, and remember how horrifying it was that Hextall didn't consult them on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad