Confirmed with Link: Dave Scott retiring as chairman, Dan Hilferty to assume chairman role on April 17, governor July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
yes, the 4 horsemen advisors will be gone replaced by 4 new advisors.

Anyone want to take a guess on who the 4 horsemen will be.....

You have to think that the people above the advisors that would help them and confide in them are now gone and they should be looking for new work.

I'll be honest, with Dan coming in, I could see them not even choose Briere in the end for anything.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Precisely as I suspected! Dan Hilferty was at the controls of this thing. Clearly his influence is going to be more than has been anticipate by the beats.

You don't get a Flyers fan like him into that big of a position to not put him in charge of the Flyers, or at least, that's how I can see it. But yeah, this was not a nothing hire to begin with, and if anything, it started the end of Dave Scott.

Reactions: BernieParent

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
You have to think that the people above the advisors that would help them and confide in them are now gone and they should be looking for new work.

I'll be honest, with Dan coming in, I could see them not even choose Briere in the end for anything.
All reports indicate Briere will be the GM. Total flush is fine as briere is guilty by association.

We shall see how bad the new guy wants to rock the boat so to speak.

Reactions: BernieParent

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
WetElatedCats-max-1mb.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
All reports indicate Briere will be the GM. Total flush is fine as briere is guilty by association.

We shall see how bad the new guy wants to rock the boat so to speak.

All indications? I've only heard more that they are shopping around to see what they find. Briere shouldn't be the end all, be all for this. Also, if this owner was smart, he would know that if the advisors go, the same advisors that brought up Briere in the Flyers organization, then he could have a similar mindset to them that may not work in the favor of the team moving forward.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Dan didn't take the job to be a business manager, after 10 years as a CEO, he didn't need the money and why would he accept a lesser position? For Camilla, it was an opportunity, for Dan, just a place to hang out until the changes were made.

Always looked to me like a "labor of love" for Dan, and a clear signal Comcast has been listening, moving Scott out means the advisors are history, Briere isn't part of that group, he was groomed by Comcast and forced on Fletcher. So was Torts for that matter. Neither has any loyalty to proteges of the "gang of four."

If Briere has confidence in Flahr, it's because he's spent the last year observing everyone in the organization and seeing how decisions were made. He's probably been taking notes and deciding who in the organization needs to go. This has been in the making for months, maybe a year - Fletcher just accelerated the process with his TDL fiasco.

I think the reason for the "slow roll" was Brian Roberts didn't want to come down hard on Scott, so the gradual moves culminating in Scott "retiring." Corporations tend to have a double standard, low level employees get two weeks of severance, high level guys who've been around for decades often get the "kid gloves" treatment.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Letting Dave Scott retire instead of being fired months ago is peak Flyers organization but alas we're flipping onto a new page with hopefully more changes coming soon.

I will say that I am pretty surprised that they didn't promote Camillo to the spot.
That will happen eventually unless he decides she sucks. New corporate overlords like to just make sure before moving on and not feeling like dealing with it anymore and hope they make him look good.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
yes, the 4 horsemen advisors will be gone replaced by 4 new advisors.

Anyone want to take a guess on who the 4 horsemen will be.....
Grievous Bodily Harm
Cruelty to Animals
Really Cool People
Treading in Dogshit (formerly All Foreigners Especially the French, formerly Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given Them a Good Thumping, never actually No Alcohol Lager, briefly Embarrassing Personal Problems, and finally People Covered in Fish)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure Scott was even a hockey fan, Hilferty seems like a serious fan who's probably been reading up on the team for years - wouldn't shock me if he's even been reading sites like this one, monitoring fan sentiment.

Notice the last few weeks when Briere referenced Comcast, it was always Scott and "Dan." Which suggests he's been working with Dan for a while. That also suggests when he was publicly explicit about a rebuild, he had gotten the green light from Dan to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad