Dave Hakstol Part VI: I See A Bad Coach And I Want Him Painted Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hakstol as somebody once said...irons his underwear and his risk aversion was only broken when he sucked a popsicle against doctor's orders while trying to recover from a cold.

Last edited:

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
im just asking if coach q doesnt want to come here, who else would be a good hire for the flyers?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
IMO Sheldon Keefe is probably the next best hire after Q, and I'm not entirely convinced that he wouldn't suit us better than Q. The only other one I like is the Swedish guy @Appleyard mentioned a while ago, but I don't even know his name, so I can't pretend to be an expert. I mean, I could pretend, but I am too lazy.

Cool let's Fire Hakstok and hire 1 of those 3.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I had a 'funny feeling' after Todd MacLellan's final game that he'd be fired and said on our board that it would be his last game. He was fired less than 2 days later. I'm getting the same feeling here. I know bad coaching when I see it, and you guys deserve better than the Hack.

I'm no psychic, but maybe I can get lucky on two calls in a row on this. This really seems to be a move needed for the team, and this is a golden opportunity for the GM to have a reason to make the switch. I'd take it if I were him.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I had a 'funny feeling' after Todd MacLellan's final game that he'd be fired and said on our board that was his last game. He was fired less than 2 days later. I'm getting the same feeling here. But I know bad coaching when I see it, and you guys deserve better than the Hack.

I'm no psychic, but maybe I can get lucky on two calls in a row on this.

He has had probably a dozen games that would have gotten any other coach fired in the last two years.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I had a 'funny feeling' after Todd MacLellan's final game that he'd be fired and said on our board that was his last game. He was fired less than 2 days later. I'm getting the same feeling here. But I know bad coaching when I see it, and you guys deserve better than the Hack.

I've had this "funny feeling" about 4 times this season alone. Hopefully your coach-firing detector is better than mine.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I've had this "funny feeling" about 4 times this season alone. Hopefully your coach-firing detector is better than mine.

That last game of McLellan, I just knew it my head he was 100% gone. Wasn't any doubt. I'm getting that feeling again. I'd be shocked if Hakstol isn't fired before the Flyer's next game.

Then there's the objective facts to this point, such as the Flyers being 2 points out of dead last right now in the East, and in the top three teams in the East of having the worst goal differential (only 3 goals from being the worst, which Ottawa holds). Then losing a game that looked to be MacLellan'd away (bad coaching decisions and game management). In the third there, up two goals, and you're trying to get your season going, and the team/coach gives the game away. Something has to give.

I don't know how you possibly keep him at this point. I think the Flyer management would be fools to keep him for another game, when the season can still be salvaged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That last game of McLellan, I just knew it my head he was 100% gone. Wasn't any doubt. I'm getting that feeling again. I'd be shocked if Hakstol isn't fired before the Flyer's next game.

Then there's the objective facts to this point, such as the Flyers being 2 points out of dead last right now, and in the top three teams in the East of having the worst goal differential. Then losing a game that looked to be MacLellan'd away (bad coaching decisions and game management).

I don't know how you possibly keep him at this point. I think the Flyer management would be fools to keep him for another game, when the season can still be salvaged.

Yeah, we said that a few times a couple years ago and a few times this year. We said it a couple days ago actually.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I'll cosign everyone else saying you're probably wrong, but if you're right we'll throw you a bar mitzvah and mail you a lifetime supply of your favorite tea.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, we said that a few times a couple years ago and a few times this year. We said it a couple days ago actually.

ClSzlSU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad