Dave Hakstol Part VI: I See A Bad Coach And I Want Him Painted Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You've just making **** up now. The guy had an atrocious grasp of the defensive end of the game and on top of that his size was a huge limitation. It wasn't like Zherdev, who didn't even try; the guy legitimately didn't know what to do. Hell, it's the biggest reason why I laugh at the notion of him being a GM or even assistant GM; I have no faith in his ability to judge defensive play and instincts.

You would absolutely despise a guy like Briere if he were on team now.
Loved the signing. Fast and had skills. We have nothing like that right now and he was dirty too. He could play in the big games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Briere was a mediocre defender, much like Voracek, but his saving grace was that he was money in the playoffs.

Reactions: Felipe88

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I don't think anyone would have minded Hitch as interim coach for the rest of 18-19 and Hextall staying as GM.
I mean take the media as it is, but it looks like hextall needed to go. It’s not a one or the other argument.

The early results are promising for hitch with the oilers and he certainly would’ve had a positive impact on the flyers. System tweaks and the team buys in, big improvement in the short term.

As a believer in the scientific method, I don’t think the organization should change too much too rapidly though. They caved and made the move of firing hextall. Let fletcher assess and then make a move—either the coach or a player. The coach makes way more sense, even if you don’t believe he is having a deliterious effect on the team, because a coaching change has more impact than any singular player trade I could think of (short of doing something incredibly short sighted like mortgaging our prospects and cap flexibility for bob).

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I lived through all of this and well remember it, but thanks for deadsplaining it anyway, I guess?

I don't even understand what point, if any, you're trying to make. What the hell does any of it have to do with the fact that it's an absolute joke that Hakstol has now coached more games for the Flyers than anybody other than Shero and Keenan?

Wait, on second thought, forget I asked. The world needs another 5 paragraph essay on steroids from you nonsensically rationalizing Hak's coaching mediocrity like I need a hole in my head.
But you do need holes in your head. Mouth, eyes, ears, nostrils. A head with no holes is a poorly constructed skull. What about the hole at the base of the skull where the neck/spine/brain stem attach?

Poorly thought out burn.

#ObviousHeelTurn

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I kinda did that once and it definitely worked. I had just learned the magic of how the fuzz and lint on certain clothing will make a neat little short-lived flame. A bunch of us on a local gaming BBS (back when you had to pay someone to host multiplayer servers for your games!) had gotten together, many of us meeting for the first time. My friend was standing there talking to a group of at least twenty people and I walked up behind him with a lighter to do the fuzz trick. Maybe it was because he was Greek and hairy but he stood there in shock watching as little arcs of flame kept travelling around his flannel shirt. After about a good ten seconds of this we started patting him out. He still hasn't forgiven me for that little prank. :laugh:
obligatory - FIUR DESPAIR HOROLOGY!

About fire and clothing. So denim is fire Pejorative Slurant. I took a lighter to my buddy's jeans back in college and got ball tapped for it, cause we are immature like that. (There's more to this story, for another thread.) Years later, he's now engaged, he remembers the fire, jeans thing, and tries it on his gf/fiancee/now-wife. Well, I tried it on him and his jeans were in good condition. He tried it on her, and her jeans were frayed, becoming undone. So... he actually caught her on fire. Wish I was there to see it. At the wedding, being introduced to the bride's sister, she goes, "Oh, you're the one who taught him to light people on fire." I was not expecting that.
The moar you know.

Edit: ugh, when the filter scrubs a word that actually belongs and isn't offensive. So, what do you call a thing that slows down the process, or is generally resistant to something? It's not of lower intellect. Something akin to applying the brakes. It's a word that should be fine, but is not, because reasons, even when used correctly.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
We also need one of those Men In Black memory erasers. He needs to be expunged from all memory.
NO. That is an incorrect taek.

Lest we forget the face of our fathers, we need to know what happened, how it happened, why it happened, and endeavor never to commit the same atrocities again. And, when the time comes, we must remember how this situation is solved, so that we may grow in the knowledge of our past experiences. (Although if that were the case, we'd have learned from Cashman and Ramsey not to hire this turd in the first place.)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think you'll get your answer by looking at the text in his avatar. :laugh:
Amazing how much hair Tocchet had...…he also had that unibrow

Italians unfortunately have that tendency......lots of hair when you're young and then bald or balding bastard as you get older. I miss my quaff days...one of the drawbacks of too much testosterone

Also...I think they shortened Tocchet's family name when they came over....doesn't sound Italian......must have been Tocchetchelli or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad