Status
Not open for further replies.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
il_570xN.1592460493_aytz.jpg
davehakstol.jpg
View attachment 149737

When I see Hakstol, all I see is a funeral mute!

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hakstol’s not making it to the carnival. Would not be surprised if he’s fired tomorrow. And I definitely think he’s gone if they lose Saturday (next game is next Thursday beginning a West Coast trip, so the timing would fit). Also, This is prime marketing season for the holidays & Comcast is watching.

Their lack of fire for being 4-6, their repeated poor execution & mental errors, & their consistent slow starts aren’t ALL his fault, & the team is flawed personnel wise in net & are slow 5 on 5. But it’s unacceptable, nonetheless. Looks like the team needs a type of personality behind the bench that Hakstol can’t provide. It just doesn’t appear he’s getting their attention.

Bring me fat Hitch.

Reactions: Jtown

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
only issue with firing Hak now is...he would probably be replaced by an assistant or someone from with in...who is out there any way?

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Imagine hiring Hitch as a coach in the year 2018

Best case scenario is he Knoblach as interim HC. If he doesn't get us to the playoffs, just remove the tag and hope somebody like Quenneville or Torts gets let go. Don't dumpster dive in the college ranks again.

What I expect is Gordon is promoted and given the job outright because reasons.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hitchcock got fired one year on the job in Dallas last year & rightfully so. The game has passed him by at this point.

Dallas went out & replaced him with someone who’s up with the times in Jim Montgomery.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hitchcock got fired one year on the job in Dallas last year & rightfully so. The game has passed him by at this point.

Dallas went out & replaced him with someone who’s up with the times in Jim Montgomery.
I’m looking for a short-term fix who can get their attention immediately & break them of their bad habits.

Trust me, Hitchcock annoys me, but he’s still a good coach who would kick them in the ass & help compensate for their poor goaltending. And he wouldn’t need to be around long term.

Knoblauch is intriguing & it would be interesting if they went to him, but it’s a gamble in the middle of a season they can’t afford to gamble with. I won’t complain if they go Knoblauch, as I’m curious about him. But I’m not sure right now is the ideal time to turn to him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’m looking for a short-term fix who can get their attention immediately & break them of their bad habits.

Trust me, Hitchcock annoys me, but he’s still a good coach who would kick them in the ass & help compensate for their poor goaltending. And he wouldn’t need to be around long term.

Knoblauch is intriguing & it would be interesting if they went to him, but it’s a gamble in the middle of a season they can’t afford to gamble with. I won’t complain if they go Knoblauch, as I’m curious about him. But I’m not sure right now is the ideal time to turn to him.

The gamble was made and lost when Hextall doubled down on Hakstol in the offseason.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Hakstol’s not making it to the carnival. Would not be surprised if he’s fired tomorrow. And I definitely think he’s gone if they lose Saturday (next game is next Thursday beginning a West Coast trip, so the timing would fit). Also, This is prime marketing season for the holidays & Comcast is watching.

Their lack of fire for being 4-6, their repeated poor execution & mental errors, & their consistent slow starts aren’t ALL his fault, & the team is flawed personnel wise in net & are slow 5 on 5. But it’s unacceptable, nonetheless. Looks like the team needs a type of personality behind the bench that Hakstol can’t provide. It just doesn’t appear he’s getting their attention.

Bring me fat Hitch.

the same Hitchcock that ran Justin Williams and Patrick sharp out of town?
no thanks

say goodbye to TK

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
the same Hitchcock that ran Justin Williams and Patrick sharp out of town?
no thanks

say goodbye to TK

I understand that concern & it’s fair, but he also took over a 6-7 very young Blues squad, with young 20s Pietrangelo & Shattenkirk on D, & went something like 43-15-11 the rest of the way.

If you want a guy most likely to whip things into shape & eliminate mental errors, he’s as likely as any.

I just worry about replacing Hak with another of about a million mediocre coaches. With Hitchcock you’d at least know you’re replacing him with one of the best winning percentages in history. And he wouldn’t have to stay long. You could turn it over to Knoblauch in a year or two.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The strangest thing for me over the whole last 24 hours was that there was a "game-time" decision between three forwards in effect. Weal, Lindblom and Vorobyev.

No injuries or anything like usual game-time decisions.

From practice it even seemed like it was one of Lindblom or Weal... and then last minute, nope, Vorobyev sits.

Cannot be exactly great for players, 3 guys and none know who is sitting until quite close to the game.

We have not seen that from Hakstol before, heck, I cannot remember the last time we saw it with the Flyers, especially with 3 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad