Dave Hakstol Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Are these guys professionals or not?
If they can’t deal with a line change they shouldn’t be in the NHL.
And it’s not like Konecny hasn’t played with Couturier & Giroux before.
My God the lengths some people go to to bash every decision the coach makes & set up every excuse possible for their favorite players.

That said, I think Konecny should be with G & Couturier. While I understand the desire to make each of the top 3 lines scoring threats, the first line desperately needs Konecny’s speed.

Knowing who you will play with ahead of time is really good for game prep.

The Flyers happen to have shown all the symptoms of awful game prep under Hakstol.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
IMG_2783.JPG
Minus Hakstol and Lapdog!( And Hextall should on high alert)
Go with:
Patrick
Konecny
Lindblom
Vorobyev
Provorov
Hart
Sandstrom and the prospects!
3-5 years(Yes,waiting again)...
A few horseshoes with the drafting and free agent signings...and VOILA! Lord Stanley,baby!
Say it all fast!!!

Reactions: Jtown

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
all 3 of our centers are in the bad category and Lehtera is the only one in the Good category.

Oh so we have one center, whose paid 5 mil a year and never scores, who takes shots on goal while the other 3....wait for it...set up plays more than they shoot. Wow what a crazy thing for a center to do :sarcasm:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve been very underwhelmed by Lindblom & don’t care if he sits. I’d probably put him on the 4th line over Knight, though. Lindblom, Lehtera, & Weise May actually be able to generate a cycle game that at least kills time in the offensive zone, which is about all you can ask out of a 4th line.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Lindblom isn’t sitting for AMac, & if you’re going by that chart, Weal is better than Lindblom & that’s who Lindblom is likely to sit for.
You really don't get it? Hak is sitting one of their best possession forwards (i. e. A guy who makes an impact) while dressing Weiss and Vandevelde 2.0 and putting Amac back in who is BY FAR worse dman in this team and is saying he can make an impact.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You really don't get it? Hak is sitting one of their best possession forwards (i. e. A guy who makes an impact) while dressing Weiss and Vandevelde 2.0 and putting Amac back in who is BY FAR worse dman in this team and is saying he can make an impact.
This whole outfit is a shit show.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
if we go pointless in the next 20 games. Lose by an average of 3 goals, have an average home attendance of zero, have no less than 10 official boycotts of all things flyers, lose their tv deal, giroux and voracek quit, and gritty od's then hexy may contemplate firing hakstol at the end of the season.

I would be fine with all of that, except I'd be devastated if Gritty O'D. That would be irreplaceable.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I’ve been very underwhelmed by Lindblom & don’t care if he sits. I’d probably put him on the 4th line over Knight, though. Lindblom, Lehtera, & Weise May actually be able to generate a cycle game that at least kills time in the offensive zone, which is about all you can ask out of a 4th line.
Nope. This isn’t 1996. I don’t want a fourth line that cycles, never puts a puck on net, and then wastes time. They would literally be doing the opponent a favor. Since you know, we are never leading

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Nope. This isn’t 1996. I don’t want a fourth line that cycles, never puts a puck on net, and then wastes time. They would literally be doing the opponent a favor. Since you know, we are never leading
You aren’t going to get many 4th lines capable of scoring off the rush. Best case scenario is they spend most of their shift in the opponents’ end, wearing out their players & killing time while the top 3 lines rest, & not giving up many scoring chances & goals against.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I don’t care about Lindblom’s Corsi. He hasn’t been very good. Weise & Read recently had season s of good Corsi. Doesn’t mean they were good.

Lindblom has two points in 9 games. They won’t miss him. Weise has 2 pts in 6 games. Maybe the benching will light a spark under Lindblom. Maybe Knight will bring some needed energy trying to stay in the lineup.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You aren’t going to get many 4th lines capable of scoring off the rush. Best case scenario is they spend most of their shift in the opponents’ end, wearing out their players & killing time while the top 3 lines rest, & not giving up many scoring chances & goals against.
every fourth line almost takes the body and cycles. Smith pelly and that fourth line from last year would kill anything this year. That's flyers not sissy soft slow hockey. Time for change boys in the player department.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t care about Lindblom’s Corsi. He hasn’t been very good. Weise & Read recently had season s of good Corsi. Doesn’t mean they were good.

Lindblom has two points in 9 games. They won’t miss him. Weise has 2 pts in 6 games. Maybe the benching will light a spark under Lindblom. Maybe Knight will bring some needed energy trying to stay in the lineup.

Lindblom brings more speed than Knight. He plays faster.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Have you seen Knight?

Lindblom has helped lead fast transitions in ways that Knight never has and almost certainly never will.

No slower then Lindblom. Don’t know what your point really is, though, since I said I’d move Lindblom to the 4th line & play him over Knight. But I also can see where maybe they’re trying to light a fire under Lindblom & maybe Knight will be hungry to try to keep a roster spot,so I’m sure not going to get bent out of shape about it. They aren’t going to miss Lindblom’s 2 points in 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad