Injury Report: Datsyuk back Friday vs Buffalo

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m
Oy vey RT @DetroitRedWings Per GM Ken Holland, the #RedWings are shutting down Pavel Datsyuk for about 3 weeks

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Well, look at the bright side. It's not 4 weeks.

Yet.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Good thing he went to Sochi. Just shut him down the rest of the year and get surgery.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
between this and the Jarnkrok trade i'm done with Hockey for the year,have had a rough time IRL lately and I just can't take the stress it's causing me anymore

see you guys in the offseason

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think this and Helm having headaches, Legwand being unable to get healthy, and Zetterberg having back surgery played massive roles in today's trade. As well as Sheahan looking so impressive. I'm wondering if there are some doubts about someone returning next year.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Datsyuk out 3 weeks?? Alright, that's the season. Time to be sellers at the deadline, and acquire as many good young prospects as possible and unload on UFAs.

Oh wait, we just did the complete opposite...:handclap: Nice work Holland, brilliant.

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland
I think this and Helm having headaches, Legwand being unable to get healthy, and Zetterberg having back surgery played massive roles in today's trade. As well as Sheahan looking so impressive. I'm wondering if there are some doubts about someone returning next year.

I think you meant Weiss....

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
That pisses me off about Datysuk. He was injured and then rushed back to play 2 more regular season games so he can say that he's healthy and he can play in the olympics. **** the olympics. Datsyuk basically screwed us.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
between this and the Jarnkrok trade i'm done with Hockey for the year,have had a rough time IRL lately and I just can't take the stress it's causing me anymore

see you guys in the offseason

See yah later chicken little. I, for one, will still watch every game and root for the Wings with ferver and passion. A couple beers, a cute girl, our cat, and Red. Wings is all I need to destress from my day; win or lose, I love this team. Craptastic GM and all.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
Good thing we've got Jarnkrok in Grand Rapids ready to be called up, right, Kenny?

Time for the Wings to seriously consider firing their trainers. Every year we suffer through this embarrassing rash of injuries. When do we stop looking at these as freak accidents and start realizing this is a pattern?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It annoys me that they still let him work out the entire month of January when he was "day-to-day".
You would think after a week or 2 of no progress, they would have shut him down for a week or so then. Obviously I'm using hindsight and they would have if they knew now, but still, "day-to-day" is no longer the case after multiple days.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It annoys me that they still let him work out the entire month of January when he was "day-to-day".
You would think after a week or 2 of no progress, they would have shut him down for a week or so then. Obviously I'm using hindsight and they would have if they knew now, but still, "day-to-day" is no longer the case after multiple days.

We know why he was doing that though.

Really is one of my favorite National anthems. Guess he earned that right, still is going to suck a ton if we come up short, once in a lifetime deal for Datsyuk though. Not really much more we can say about it, was worth it to him to play through it for that and really be not very useful to us or play through it for us for three months while he took in upwards of three million dollars.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
What's the latest of Pavel's condition?

It's three weeks and 2 days already since that "shut-down" news...

Discussed in the injury thread, but he is practicing and working out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad