Speculation: Dater: Avs and Panarin have mutual interest

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lol wut? What exactly is the Avs' cap crunch that they can't afford him long term?

Not that Panarin would come here - he won't, but cap is the last of Colorado's worries.
Are the Abs a team that spends tothe cap ceiling? I wondered about any cap limits there.
And, as an aside, how great is Mackinnon? Love watching him okay!

Reactions: Lemonlimey

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, with Varlamov and Wilson leaving that alone brings 10m off the books. Rants will.be pricy, but Compher and Z will be easy to re-sign, and hopefully Kerfoot isn't qualified. With the ELC talent coming in from our two firsts this year Panarin is affordable, at least until the MacK deal ends.

All that said, while I do hope Sakic will try to do his due diligence with him, Panarin isn't going to walk from Columbus just to come to Denver.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ambisextrous

Apr 17, 2012
Halifax
Daters THINKS they have mutual interest, but hasnt broken anything since the lockout being over by a fluke chance. I'd love panarin but not happening, duchene more likely lol

Reactions: MacBradley

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah, with Varlamov and Wilson leaving that alone brings 10m off the books. Rants will.be pricy, but Compher and Z will be easy to re-sign, and hopefully Kerfoot isn't qualified. With the ELC talent coming in from our two firsts this year Panarin is affordable, at least until the MacK deal ends.

All that said, while I do hope Sakic will try to do his due diligence with him, Panarin isn't going to walk from Columbus just to come to Denver.

Think Parnarin is heading to the “Big Apple”?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Think Parnarin is heading to the “Big Apple”?
Either that or Florida. LA the only other city that he might consider, and they have no business signing him with the season they just had.

I will say, if he wants to win, we have a strong case to make that he's the last piece of the puzzle here. I just don't think that's on his mind as much as the city itself. So either New York or Florida is my guess.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
It's Dater... I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Sometimes he's right, usually he's just stirring the pot.
This guy gets it. I can see the Avs targeting both Skinner and Panarin since they're obvious fits especially ifwe land Hughes or Kakko. We can afford either, but I also would think there are 10 other teams matching our offer.

It would come down to location and ofcourse if they want to win which the Avs have a promising future.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Either that or Florida. LA the only other city that he might consider, and they have no business signing him with the season they just had.

I will say, if he wants to win, we have a strong case to make that he's the last piece of the puzzle here. I just don't think that's on his mind as much as the city itself. So either New York or Florida is my guess.

I wonder if Parnarin is all about winning, like OV and Malkin, or all about the cash, like Bure and Kovalchuk? I think he’s a great player, but we are going to find out soon what his motives really are.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I wonder if Parnarin is all about winning, like OV and Malkin, or all about the cash, like Bure and Kovalchuk? I think he’s a great player, but we are going to find out soon what his motives really are.
Hmm well he did get to choose his first team but it would have been the same contract anywhere and he mostly chose Chicago because he wanted to play with Kane and they were a recent cup team right ?

It may be a mix of both tho I doubt he takes a crazy discount when he's already pretty old

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
You guys missed the part where Dater used this "information" to get people to vote for his company. I'm skeptical at best.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hmm well he did get to choose his first team but it would have been the same contract anywhere and he mostly chose Chicago because he wanted to play with Kane and they were a recent cup team right ?

It may be a mix of both tho I doubt he takes a crazy discount when he's already pretty old
Chicago also nicely fits his big city lights criteria though, although that team had multiple things going for them with regards to free agents. I've even heard Chicago floated as a UFA destination, I just don't think they can afford him, their depth is thin enough as it is.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater has been right before on FAs. As for how Avs fans feel and what they want, from my perspective Panarin would be the ultimate target. Clearly Avs should focus on forwards and Panarin is the top one available.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Hawks were one of the team that agreed on TypeB P.bonuses, his agent and him realized that playing with Kane/Toews will give him better chances to hit them. This is his agent(at that time) words.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I've never actually been to Denver before, only ever seen videos and images. Very nice views from what I've seen.

But he doesn't want any sort of view. He wants an oceanside view or to be living in a big city (NYC, Chicago, LA). Denver is neither.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I've never actually been to Denver before, only ever seen videos and images. Very nice views from what I've seen.

But he doesn't want any sort of view. He wants an oceanside view or to be living in a big city (NYC, Chicago, LA). Denver is neither.

Montreal needs a game breaking talent, has cap space, is a Big city and our potholes look like oceans.

Good fit.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Anybody who has cap space he will show interest to drive up his price. He's signing where he wants to and it's the coast or big city as per him. Not sure where but he already listed teams he'd be willing to sign with before deadline.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Panarin's agent driving up the hopes of fans and the price of his client. I wonder who's next on his list of "leaks".

Nice work.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Feel like Avs could use stability in the net but Panarin is a beauty. Interesting to see what the avs do this offseason. More interested to see how they do this post season. Mackinnon is an absolute beast.

What exactly is it Avs fans want to see when it comes to free agency?
Panarin. He is what I want to see.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not sure why he would leave Columbus for Denver given his issues with Columbus basically boil down to it not being Florida or NY.

No offense to Denver at all, I would absolutely love to live there.

That offense would also be ridiculous.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs are going to be one of the most appealing teams with money to spend in free agency. They can guarantee playoffs and a very promising team going forward. That being said, I very much doubt they get Panarin.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad