Speculation: Dater: Avs and Panarin have mutual interest

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Don't want Bobrovsky, I'd rather roll the dice on Grubauer rather than risk $7M+ or whatever Bobrovsky is gonna cost at like a 5 year+ contract.

Panarin though, badly need that. We're never a premier UFA spot anymore though so I doubt it.

Reactions: MacBradley and BHD

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
33 million for Rants, Compher, Kerfoot, backup/AHL goalie, depth forward or two.
Panarin is doable but it'll be tight

Yeah, if this rumour is true, wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of salary moving.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Feel like Avs could use stability in the net but Panarin is a beauty. Interesting to see what the avs do this offseason. More interested to see how they do this post season. Mackinnon is an absolute beast.

What exactly is it Avs fans want to see when it comes to free agency?

Reactions: MacBradley

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Adding Panarin, Makar, a top 4 pick (Jack Hughes, Kakko, etc), and possibly a top 15 pick (Caufield, Kaliyev, etc.) will make that team one to watch in the years ahead. Rantanen has slowed his points pace, but he'll still get 10+ I would think. MacKinnon is on a sweat heart deal which will ensure a competitive team for several more years. They easily beat our talent depth in the future, unless our prospects start panning out for once.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Media speculation: “Panarin wants to be near the ocean”

Panarin: *goes as far from the ocean as humanly possible*
There’s over 300 days of sunshine per year in Denver. The mountains get snow, but it doesn’t really snow that much in Denver. Denver also has a sizable Russian community, a lot of cap space, and Panarin will most likely be on the second line with Hughes/Kakko/Turcotte facing weaker matchups while also allowing the Avs to reunite the first line.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Alisa won't go to Colorado for 7 years, it's either NY or Miami.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There’s over 300 days of sunshine per year in Denver. The mountains get snow, but it doesn’t really snow that much in Denver. Denver also has a sizable Russian community, a lot of cap space, and Panarin will most likely be on the second line with Hughes/Kakko/Turcotte facing weaker matchups allowing the Avs to reunite the first line.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m an Albertan that spends as much time as possible in the Rockies - similar-ish to Denver. It’s cold here in the winter but the summers are fantastic. He could do a lot worse than Colorado.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I am sure Duchene will give a glowing report of the AVs to him. No his interest is in a big market team most likely NY or back to Chicago.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
About 0.23% chance he signs in Colorado! He wants ocean apparently on either coast or NY, Colorado won't even be in the mix, and I doubt he even meets with them.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I would do some very degrading things to get Panarin on the Avs, but I think there's maybe a 5% chance that happens if I'm being optimistic. No matter what Dater says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad