Darling, apparently there was a hockey game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Saw one post near the end commenting on how Karlsson should have covered Toews' wrap around goal. This was the second time this season that a player has gone around the net where Karlsson and Andy have one side blocked off while the other defenseman is nowhere near the opposite post (see Weber's goal in G1). As Toews goes around shouldn't someone have moved over to block that area? Instead the rest of the team is just chilling in the center of the ice.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
To Aragorn:

I'll give you that Karlsson wasn't good tonight, and he hasn't been very good this year either IMO, but blaming the wrap around goal on him is just wrong. See the Subban goal the other day? I played a good level of hockey and the #1 rule the coach thought to the Ds is that you box your guy to the outside and you DON'T chase your guy behind the net like a dummy. First of all here Anderson was bad, just really bad, but he had a sick game so IDC. The mistake here was Karlsson's D partner that should've went to the far post to prevent that softy. The center could've been there too to help them, he wasn't. Hockey is a game of mistake sir.

Michalek played well, Smith and Condra too, Chiasson is good.

I can't understand how someone can say/think that Weircioch has been better than Cowen, this is just wrong. Can't wait to have Methot back to be honest.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Aragorn:

I'll give you that Karlsson wasn't good tonight, and he hasn't been very good this year either IMO, but blaming the wrap around goal on him is just wrong. See the Subban goal the other day? I played a good level of hockey and the #1 rule the coach thought to the Ds is that you box your guy to the outside and you DON'T chase your guy behind the net like a dummy. First of all here Anderson was bad, just really bad, but he had a sick game so IDC. The mistake here was Karlsson's D partner that should've went to the far post to prevent that softy. The center could've been there too to help them, he wasn't. Hockey is a game of mistake sir.

Michalek played well, Smith and Condra too, Chiasson is good.

I can't understand how someone can say/think that Weircioch has been better than Cowen, this is just wrong. Can't wait to have Methot back to be honest.
Anderson had over 40 saves didn't he? And he kept the Hawks to only two goals & kept his team in it until the end with no help from his defence which includes Karlsson. I thought he should have stopped Toews from going around the net by getting in front of him, not chase him behind the net. Anderson was slow to get over there to make the save & could have used some help, other than that goal Anderson had a great night I thought. It was a close game thanks mostly to Anderson.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson was terrific tonight but he needs to work on his wraparounds badly. It didn't cost us the win tonight but it could bite us in the **** in the future, it's glaring weakness.

Ceci was phenomenal yet again. I'm mesmerized by how many times I say "what a play by Ceci" whenever he is on the ice.

Karlsson played well, I have no idea how people are saying he played bad. Just cause he doesn't score 2-3 points doesn't mean he was bad. He actually had one of his better showings defensively tonight. Really strong on his skates.

Zibanejad showed big strides and was one of our better players.

Wiercioch was good in the 3rd.

Phillips-Ceci seems like good pairing.

Boro and Gryba playing excellent bottom pair game 2nd game in a row.

Legwand looks like he's a rookie.

I got to give a shoutout to Michalek, that guy played his best game tonight in over 2 years. He did the little things right which he usually sucks so much on.

We simply lost this game because we didn't have enough skill/skilled depth. Simple as that. Chicago controlled the play for some shifts and we did for others but we didn't have enough skill in our roster to capitalize on chances that good teams do when in a tight game.

Phillips missed empty net and it's just too difficult to have: Condra, Greening, Neil, Smith all in your bottom 6 and expect to generate goals.

I love Neil but I'd rather trade our 2015 1st rounder and bring in a tough guy with SKILL than keep Neil. He literally sucks all the energy out of his line offensively and even defensively just to justify him sparking the team once every 4 games.

Stone back into line-up will be good for the team, especially in place of Greening.

Did I mention how much I love Ceci?

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
dont agree with Karlsson playing well. He looked like he didnt want to play defense and when there was 30 seconds left with the net empty, I expected him to rush the puck and do something instead he looked like he gave up and just lazily passed the puck to Chiasson. That played pissed me of so much. He is lost defensively(positionaly), very weak and his way to play defense is to one hand the stick and just hope the puck hits it or stay away from the puck(remember the hawk pp goal). Karlsson looks scared to get hit by a player or by the puck, seems like a mental thing. Overall, very disappointed with Karlsson and same for Zibanejad. Interestingly enough, Karlsson is the only sens dman who has minus +- despite having the most points

I do appreciate the Ceci love, his progress has been amazing and could be our most complete and possibly best dman in the future.

Time to bring out Cowen for Wier, Cowen has been sitting for long and its not like Weir has been that much better than him

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Saying Karlsson and Zibanejad played bad today is ridiculous. Karlsson didn't play great but he didn't play bad... lol. Defensively he wasn't beat at all relative to past games.

Karlsson was just as big a threat today as Kane, which isn't saying much but also isn't saying much bad either.

Wow after last year there is no way we give up another 1st rounder in what is the deepest draft in recent years unless we get a real top 6 back.

I was just trying to show my frustration with Neil most of the time. I do agree we need someone to keep the other team in check but to sacrifice so much skill away from the game(and the line he's on) is just mindboggling. I'd rather invest big time on a player like Neil who can score rather than have Neil in the line-up.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
I mentioned it in the GDT, but we NEED to work on our shot accuracy, there is no damn excuse for missing that many shots on goal, ESPECIALLY with empty nets.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Keep Hoff-Zib-Chiasson together forever. Plz.

Yes, agreed.

Wier had a rough game, I suspect Cowen will be back in. Karlsson had an average game, which is below standards for Karlsson. That wraparound goal was on Anderson and Zib. Zib should have continued skating to the other post. But he just stood there and watched Toews score.

One thing we can't have is Condra, Greening and Neil in the lineup all at once. They kill the offense for too many lines.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
A 2-1 loss against Chicago on the road

That's not bad really. Still lots of work to do and please get Neil and Weircioch out of the line up; they are too slow for the kind of game we are trying to play.

BigBush*

How can Greening play so heartless. His career is on the line here.

Ya but his life is set after signing that 8 mill contract, much different then when he was in the AHL and trying to secure a spot on the team. Its frustrating though.

I just wish another team would take a chance on him. I don't think he's as bad as he's looked. He needs to go to a team like the Oilers where they could use a big guy to help get some of their skilled players the puck

Othello*

Mac Turris Ryan
Hoffman Zib Chiasson
Michalek Legwand Stone
Smith Lazar Condra/neil

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He needs to go to a team like the Oilers where they could use a big guy to help get some of their skilled players the puck

I would take, quite literally, any contract on the Oilers - with the exception of Benoit Pouliot - in exchange for Greening.

Any single contract other than Pouliot's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad