Online Series: Daredevil season 3 (Oct 19th release?)

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Finished this last night:
Daredevil is imo the best series on Netflix & this season is up there for one of the best. I need to watch all 3 seasons in a row to rank but oh man...

This was also the first time I’ve read the comic book material the story was kind of based on beforehand. While it is not a true adaptation (No Marvel product really has been) they borrowed a lot of great elements from the source material & there were some amazing comparables shots wise.

Fisk yet again was a character who I could not take my eyes off of & had me captivated every second he was on screen.

The Karen back story episode was one of my favourites. They made a back story that weaved the arc of her character in Born Again & her character from this series in a fantastic way.

This is one of those shows where my phone is NEVER in my hand because my eyes are glued to the screen.

I don’t know what’s going to happen now with all the cancellations.... but these actors deserve to be in the films. If there is no Fisk/Spider-Man crossover: I’ll be devastated

10/10

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have 2 or 3 episodes left to watch and I am liking the season so far. The first 2-3 episodes were REALLY slow, but it picked up nicely after.

The characters are all interesting in their own way. They all have depth and that's what makes the show interesting, IMO.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Karen and Fisks sit down in episode 8 was incredible. That back and forth and then Karen just goes full nuclear on Fisk.

This season has had so many incredible scenes. The long shot take in the Prison of Matt fighting his way out, Daredevil and Bullseye first encounter, and now this Fisk/Page showdown are all truly iconic scenes

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I haven't read anything in this thread or watched a trailer but, I'm starting season 3 now and I hope king pin is back.

No one respond to this post please.

Edit: I'm guessing hopefully I should know by the end of the first episode. I'll update accordingly.

EditX2: I hope The Punisher is back as well.

EditX3 booya!!! Quite!!!! 1 for 2 so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
To me, in season 3, Foggy is the real hero. He is the moral compass AND the one making the necessary personal sacrifices for the greater good, the real (utopic) good.

Not going to spoil anything, but he was the best written character, IMO. All that's saying a lot as all.characters are well-developped.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just finished.

God damn what a season.

Very cool how they're incorporating his adamantium-laced Bones into the character from that last scene. I thought he was extremely powerful already in comparison to other villains we've seen in the Marvel Netflix Universe, he's going to be even stronger the next time we see him. A legitimate super villain in the making and a well developed one at that.

As for the rest of the finale. While it was fantastic and this series was easily the best yet from Marvel, I thought the finale underwhelmed ever so slightly. I'm not sure exactly what it was that made me feel this way but something felt just ever so slightly off.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Beyond excited to watch season 3 and I refuse to go through this thread or watch trailers, but just a quick question. Will I miss anything if I haven't watched The Defenders yet? I'm guessing it's not necessary viewing but just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be confused by anything.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Beyond excited to watch season 3 and I refuse to go through this thread or watch trailers, but just a quick question. Will I miss anything if I haven't watched The Defenders yet? I'm guessing it's not necessary viewing but just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be confused by anything.
I’d say it’s important seeing where Matt starts, if you want to know how he gets there of course...

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm five episodes in and the jail scene tops the hallway scene from season one. Damn this show is great.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Vincent D'onofrio is a great bad guy; gotta give credit where due.

I loved the return of Fisk.

The three way fight with he, DD and Bullseye was awesome

The only thing I would have changed about his arc was when he gets his clothes back from the FBI, they should have used ‘Staying Alive’ as the soundtrack to that.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I loved the return of Fisk.

The three way fight with he, DD and Bullseye was awesome

The only thing I would have changed about his arc was when he gets his clothes back from the FBI, they should have used ‘Staying Alive’ as the soundtrack to that.
Before I read that spoiler, is it a spoiler for season 3 or something prior? I'm only through the first 4 episodes; hoping for 3 more tonight.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I must be the only person around who thought this season was the weakest of the three. People are calling it The Dark Knight of superhero television, I just don't see it. Season 1 is still the strongest for me. I enjoyed it, but it felt like the least Daredevil like season of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad