Online Series: Daredevil season 3 (Oct 19th release?)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Finished. Enjoyed. Wish they would use each other more, the Defenders, that is. Like, why doesn't Matt call them up and be like:

"Hey, remember when that building fell on me? I'm good. Also that guy parading as Daredevil that you see on the news is obviously not me. By the way, I need your help punching a couple of guys to death, can you meet me in Hells Kitchen?"

The best part of the last season of Luke Cage was Danny showing up, because it was the most in-character thing Danny ever did. You know he's wherever in Chinatown, watching the news, seeing Harlem getting blown to shit and being like: "oh, I can help, let me go talk to Luke".

I guess it's a nitpicky complaint, but like, the city is not very big, so it's wild that JJ, Cage, and Danny all stayed out of this Fisk thing.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just got done. start to finish fantastic. the best written of any Marvel Netflix season imo

Reactions: Hypernova

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I thought seasons 1 and 2 had more memorable individual episodes but season 3 was the best written season all the way through. Almost flowed like a movie.

Great hero. Great villians. Great supporting cast. Great series.

Reactions: The Dallas Jims

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Great season. Differed somewhat from the comic "Born again" story. If the Netflix shows had been more closely tied to the MCU, then perhaps we could have had this scene in some form:

dd-ba-avengers.jpg

n23AqDxSTiB2RWy77bIQ_Daredevil-Born-Again-Avengers.jpg

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Really good overall. I thought the fighting was pretty weak compared to the last season. Lots of moment where Matt would punch someone and they’d just go flying that took me out of a bit but overall was good action.

Really hated the religious stuff at the end. Seemed very cliche and you could tell it would be a happy ending there from the beginning, but hey I’m sure a lot of people will like that.

The Fisk actor is just fantastic. Same with the other Daredevil guy. The story had me constantly interested even if it moved super slow. For that reason I definitely won’t ever rewatch this, but for the first go it’s amazing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really good overall. I thought the fighting was pretty weak compared to the last season. Lots of moment where Matt would punch someone and they’d just go flying that took me out of a bit but overall was good action.

Really hated the religious stuff at the end. Seemed very cliche and you could tell it would be a happy ending there from the beginning, but hey I’m sure a lot of people will like that.

The Fisk actor is just fantastic. Same with the other Daredevil guy. The story had me constantly interested even if it moved super slow. For that reason I definitely won’t ever rewatch this, but for the first go it’s amazing.

The prison fight in episode 4 and the fight against the feds in the garage was probably the best that they've ever done. Also you got to remember that Matt's been training to fight ever since Stick began training him as a kid. He knows how to hit. Plus he was wearing those muay thai ropes on his hands.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The prison fight in episode 4 and the fight against the feds in the garage was probably the best that they've ever done. Also you got to remember that Matt's been training to fight ever since Stick began training him as a kid. He knows how to hit. Plus he was wearing those muay thai ropes on his hands.

I actually really liked those two scenes, so I wont disagree there.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I just finished the 3rd season last night. Great season overall but I think my favorite thing about this season is that Electra wasn't in it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Amazing season, while not exactly the Born Again story it was still great. Cox is great as both Matt and Daredevil and Foggy was such an important part of the season and an important part of bring Matt back to who he really is.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I still wish they would have stuck to the comics and had Karen die instead of having the priest jump in front of here. She's so f***in annoying. Always crying. Karen cry face has become the new Carrie cry face (from Homeland).

karen31.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The whole episode flashback to Karen's past was stupid and pointless. We knew she had a history. We'd learned what bits and pieces we needed about her family and her past already. The whole thing felt like a combo of killing time to fill out the 13-episode order and perhaps that they had to do a Karen-centric episode to make up for the fact that she had basically nothing to do in the back half of the season.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Shocked Jones has not been cancelled

Reportedly there is a problem between Netflix and Marvel/Disney over money paid per episode. With Fist and Cage, Netflix wanted to go down to 6 episodes but Marvel said they would want the same money as if it was 12 episodes.

These contract problems may just be a precursor to all marvel heading to the new video service or maybe netflix has money trouble

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Shocked Jones has not been cancelled

Reportedly there is a problem between Netflix and Marvel/Disney over money paid per episode. With Fist and Cage, Netflix wanted to go down to 6 episodes but Marvel said they would want the same money as if it was 12 episodes.

These contract problems may just be a precursor to all marvel heading to the new video service or maybe netflix has money trouble

They're already working on the next season of Jessica Jones, I think. If it's cancelled they wouldn't announce it until after it finishes (like Daredevil) otherwise viewership would likely completely tank.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Im hoping they keep this version of daredevil with Cox going some how....but it just seems unlikely considering Disney would be behind it. Theyre already trying to test out a PG13 deadpool so it seems like they want to rid themselves of the adult content.

Reactions: Huggy43

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I am greatly upset - I've enjoyed all 6 Marvel series on Netflix to some extent or other, and considered Daredevil to be the best of them (I've always been impressed with the acting and dialogue that seems more natural than I'm used to in any screen portrayal, greatly increases the believability, though season 3 wasn't quite as good). Jones will definitely be canceled after season 3, since they're already in production. I thought DD would go to season 4 as it had already been agreed to and got surprised by the cancellation, but I think JJ's next season is further along and cancelling now wouldn't make sense for either party. Don't know where Punisher stands and obviously The Defenders now exists as a one-shot.

Worst part is, all these shows had legs to go a long time, except maybe Iron Fist, and it's a real shame that behind the scenes conflict between corporate interests is selling them all short, and leaving fans out to dry. And I say that as someone that was a Marvel guy when I read comics but who never bothered with any of these titles (I think I have issue 300 or 400 of Daredevil somewhere, but that's it, Power Man and Iron Fist was a comic that predated my interest and was long since abandoned by Marvel, Punisher wasn't so much for me as Wolverine was my limit as far as the "anti-hero" concept went, and Jones didn't come along for about a decade after I stopped spending money on the things). I really liked being able to watch these shows, and now Netflix only has about half the value for me (still watch a number of shows with my wife, but we originally had a DVD subscription for movies, and the number of movies available on streaming has been too limited).

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
No surprise. Netflix is cutting ties with all things Disney
I really think the issue is Disney is looking for ways to make them want to. They want all Marvel content on Disney+, so THEY make money and no one else. And I'm willing to bet the service costs more than the industry average, but you know we'll all get it because Disney owns a piece of almost everything.

And on that note, since it's Christmas, here's my usual b**** about one of my favorite Christmas specials being partly ruined by Disney. This year, a local theater is actually showing Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas on the big screen, but I know it won't be the version I want to see, the one I watched every Christmastime on HBO (and once on CBC I think, since we get that on cable in Vermont too) growing up between 1979 and 1982. When Jim Henson's company sold the rights to The Muppets to Disney, it created a licensing conflict for Emmet Otter, since he wasn't part of the deal...but Kermit the Frog is the narrator in the special. Disney wouldn't license him back for DVD releases, and so the modern version has Kermit taken right out as well as several other bad edits (like a line of missing dialogue from one character in a scene that makes the next line by another character make no sense).

Walt Disney had a vision to make children happy...but no head for business, so his brother Roy handled that. And his family has gone on to rob the company of any of Walt's heart and just make money on children's entertainment. They're going on to ruin Marvel (taming Deadpool and firing James Gunn for BS reasons for example) and Star Wars (yes, they're better than the prequels, but still nowhere near the original two movies...maybe close to RotJ I suppose, but the handling of Luke in TLJ was an atrocity). Pixar movies haven't been as good since they took it over. They already ruined The Muppets for me, and when was the last time anyone saw anything new involving Disney's own iconic main characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) aside from the toddler programming on Disney Junior?

The mess with Netflix is just more of the same. They're trying to put it on Netflix, but I highly suspect Disney's just being stubborn for the sake of breaking the deal and making it look like Netflix's idea.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I really think the issue is Disney is looking for ways to make them want to. They want all Marvel content on Disney+, so THEY make money and no one else. And I'm willing to bet the service costs more than the industry average, but you know we'll all get it because Disney owns a piece of almost everything.

And on that note, since it's Christmas, here's my usual b**** about one of my favorite Christmas specials being partly ruined by Disney. This year, a local theater is actually showing Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas on the big screen, but I know it won't be the version I want to see, the one I watched every Christmastime on HBO (and once on CBC I think, since we get that on cable in Vermont too) growing up between 1979 and 1982. When Jim Henson's company sold the rights to The Muppets to Disney, it created a licensing conflict for Emmet Otter, since he wasn't part of the deal...but Kermit the Frog is the narrator in the special. Disney wouldn't license him back for DVD releases, and so the modern version has Kermit taken right out as well as several other bad edits (like a line of missing dialogue from one character in a scene that makes the next line by another character make no sense).

Walt Disney had a vision to make children happy...but no head for business, so his brother Roy handled that. And his family has gone on to rob the company of any of Walt's heart and just make money on children's entertainment. They're going on to ruin Marvel (taming Deadpool and firing James Gunn for BS reasons for example) and Star Wars (yes, they're better than the prequels, but still nowhere near the original two movies...maybe close to RotJ I suppose, but the handling of Luke in TLJ was an atrocity). Pixar movies haven't been as good since they took it over. They already ruined The Muppets for me, and when was the last time anyone saw anything new involving Disney's own iconic main characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto) aside from the toddler programming on Disney Junior?

The mess with Netflix is just more of the same. They're trying to put it on Netflix, but I highly suspect Disney's just being stubborn for the sake of breaking the deal and making it look like Netflix's idea.
Yeah I dont disagree. Its all on Disney

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Devastated

DD isn’t just my favourite Marvel show, it’s my favourite show in general. I’ll be pissed if Charlie Cox isn’t back as DD & Vincent D as Wilson Fisk on Disney+

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I really didn't care for these shows but Cox and Dinofrio NEED to return in some form.

My dream MCU movie now would be Spider-Man with Daredevil and Kingpin folded in.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am assuming cancellations for Jessica Jones and the Punisher will be coming after their new seasons release.

I wonder if the cancellation of Daredevil will have any impact on whether or not people watch the new seasons of Jessica Jones and the Punisher,

I know Netflix hasn't cancelled them yet, but it is not exactly rocket science that those shows will be cancelled once they release.

I mean i don't know if i would want to watch a show that i knew was going to be cancelled just because i would hate that season ending on a cliffhanger.

Thankfully Daredevil did not end on a cliffhanger and could somewhat ended on a good note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad