Player Discussion Danton Heinen IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You're assuming that I agree that Heinen was or would be any more effective than the top 6, which I don't.

Nothing would have changed if Heinen played where he did...if he was benched... if he played on line 1, 2, or 4, IMO.

He's just not a guy who makes a difference.

So, you are telling me that you feel the 3rd line was not as effective as the 1st, 2nd lines for large stretches of the playoffs?

If the answer is no, don’t go any further, because we were watching different games.

I know it’s difficult for you to admit, but Heinen was 1/3 of the line that was the most effective/consistent in the playoffs.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So, you are telling me that you feel the 3rd line was not as effective as the 1st, 2nd lines for large stretches of the playoffs?

If the answer is no, don’t go any further, because we were watching different games.

I know it’s difficult for you to admit, but Heinen was 1/3 of the line that was the most effective/consistent in the playoffs.

Sure over the course of the series there were times when 3 was better...more than should have happened TBH, but it was certainly not largely because of Heinen.

Coyle and Johansson were the driving force behind any success that line had, especially in the finals.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, Heinen didn’t have one nice play in the STL series...

:laugh:

Just stop.

Your inability to give Heinen credit for anything, despite numbers that show otherwise has gone beyond the realm of ridiculousness.

You can't play an entire series and not "do something" (excecpt for Zach Trotman).

It's just that you overblow the little things that he does, all the time.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
To me Heinen never does anything awful or bad but he rarely seemes to do anything great. Seems like the kind of player that would do really really well with Crosby or McDavid due to his IQ, defensive game, and play to multiple styles, but doesn't have much driving power on his own at contributing to a normal top 9 line at this point from what I've seen. I know stats say a bit different story but he is just no fun to watch imo. Hope he becomes more offensively focused.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He was not, but pound that drum.

You're right his 0 goals were different than Heinen's 0 goals.

In the end , I guess it comes down to what you like to see from your 0 goal, 9th forward.

I'll take what Maroon did without scoring a goal over what Heinen did any day.

Like you guys always say with Heinen, to justify his lack of production...it's the little things.

Sometimes those little things can be physical or intimidation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

In the end , I guess it comes down to what you like to see from your 0 goal, 9th forward.

Like you guys always say with Heinen, to justify his lack of production...it's the little things.

I'll take the better defense, and the guy who got a point.

Heinen was great along the boards for the Bruins against the big physical Blues.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm not super big on Heinen either but if Pat ****ing Maroon is the comparable....Heinen all day.

Fair enough.

But to hear some people describe him you'd think I was comparing Mario with Tie Domi.

We can quibble the details, but in the end, neither guy scored a goal in the finals.

One didn't score through finesse and the other in a more physical way.

Either way, an argument can be made that neither team's fortunes change if either one disappeared a month ago.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Or driving the net and creating scoring chances that way, or actually initiating a hit, being a vocal leader, scoring the winning goal in overtime to get the team to the finals. Yeah "heart and soul" Heinen did all that just like Maroon.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Or driving the net and creating scoring chances that way, or actually initiating a hit, being a vocal leader, scoring the winning goal in overtime to get the team to the finals. Yeah "heart and soul" Heinen did all that just like Maroon.

LMFAO.

Now the 23/24 year old Heinen is supposed to be the “heart and soul” of the team and be a vocal leader?

The B’s had plenty of older leadership in the room that had no production in the playoffs (Backes). Why would they need a guy like Maroon?

Heinen’s numbers (SCF/A, GF/GA, HDCF/A) were all better than Maroon’s for the playoffs and regular season...but Maroon did have that cool story with his kid and being from STL and all.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
LMFAO.

Now the 23/24 year old Heinen is supposed to be the “heart and soul” of the team and be a vocal leader?

The B’s had plenty of older leadership in the room that had no production in the playoffs (Backes). Why would they need a guy like Maroon?

Heinen’s numbers (SCF/A, GF/GA, HDCF/A) were all better than Maroon’s for the playoffs and regular season...but Maroon did have that cool story with his kid and being from STL and all.

See another reason. I know I was picking on your child but like I said i see some value in Mr. Intensity. He is a good third line player. Granted at this point I am ready to rename him Loui Heinen or Danton Eriksson because he is going to be the divisive forward on this team going forward.

Some people saw value in Milbury so to each his own.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Loui scored 20 goals (total) in his first 2 seasons and exploded for 118 his next four.

Hold on to young players who have shown something and enjoy their prime years.
I will never enjoy Danton Heinen's style of play. I hated Loui Eriksson and that is Heinen's ultimate high end which I doubt very much he ever reaches.

That said I don't think he is villain number one for the failure in the finals, he is pretty far down the list.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
See another reason. I know I was picking on your child but like I said i see some value in Mr. Intensity. He is a good third line player. Granted at this point I am ready to rename him Loui Heinen or Danton Eriksson because he is going to be the divisive forward on this team going forward.

Some people saw value in Milbury so to each his own.

He’s not my child, I just think some of these takes on him are asinine.

Someone says, his advanced stats were great, the 3rd line was real effective all playoffs and he had better individual numbers than Maroon.

And the response is something like yeah, but he’s not as physical or as much a vocal leader as the 31 year old, 6’3”, 225 pound, 6 year NHL vet Maroon.

Ya think?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Loui scored 20 goals (total) in his first 2 seasons and exploded for 118 his next four.

Hold on to young players who have shown something and enjoy their prime years.
I like Heinen in the regular season but to me his play these playoffs was worrisome. Then again, I suppose Pastrnak and Debrusk were both pretty worrisome too this post season.

I'm not sure why we are comparing Heinen to Maroon, he wouldn't even be a top 20 choice to be on the 3rd line over Heinen - but I think we should look to find someone with a bit more jam than Heinen - who that someone may be, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

See I feel there was a large gap in effectiveness between Coyle/Mojo and Heinen. I can't think of anything that Heinen really did that stood out.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
See I feel there was a large gap in effectiveness between Coyle/Mojo and Heinen. I can't think of anything that Heinen really did that stood out.

I’m glad that when a line is successful, you are astute enough to pick and choose who contributes to that success.

When I see a guy like Heinen get moved around a lot and every line he gets put on produces more, call me crazy, but I tend to give that guy some of the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad