Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

rupispupis said:
The Blackhawks have offered Theo Fleury a 1yr contract worth $2.2 m. Contract includes stipulations regarding alcohol, drugs, and strip clubs.

Accepted, I can't see him getting a better offer than that considering his problems. Still, he's a good little player...

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
makes sense... although how do you kow he didn't accept the offer?
let me get this start - if a player is offered a qualifying offer, that doesn't necessarily mean he was been signed? the player can not accept the offer? and who is making the players mind up for them, cuz he was signed by you and you are the commish - so I'm asuming that the deal was approved?!?!

BTW - I have no problem giving Raycroft what he is worth, just kinda confused on this issue!

Simply put, does a guy like say, Jeff O'Neill, deserve to get more than the amount of money needed to qualify him ($3.7 M)? No, not really. He had a terrible season, and is having surgery that could affect his play. Therefore, he probably would accept his qualifying offer.

Whereas, a guy like Raycroft has earned, by his good play, a sizeable pay increase.

Do you get what I'm saying? Someone who has had a weak season will probably take their qualifying offer and run. Someone who has had a good season will probably say no and ask for a nice raise.

Now, to just keep it simple, qualifying someone is just keeping their rights (so they don't become a free agent on June 20th). The GM may then decide to offer what they had to to qualify the guy, and I may or may not accept it. Got it?

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington acquires delmore from Boston

In an attempt to improve a pathetic defense, the Washington Capital have traded their 6th round pick in this years draft to the Boston Bruins for Andy Delmore, and have signed him to a new 2 year, 2.4 m contract, worth 1.15 the first year, and 1.25 the second year.

The Capitals are hoping Delmore will return to the form he had in 2002-2003, when he led the Nashville Predators in defensive scoring.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
Simply put, does a guy like say, Jeff O'Neill, deserve to get more than the amount of money needed to qualify him ($3.7 M)? No, not really. He had a terrible season, and is having surgery that could affect his play. Therefore, he probably would accept his qualifying offer.

Whereas, a guy like Raycroft has earned, by his good play, a sizeable pay increase.

Do you get what I'm saying? Someone who has had a weak season will probably take their qualifying offer and run. Someone who has had a good season will probably say no and ask for a nice raise.

Now, to just keep it simple, qualifying someone is just keeping their rights (so they don't become a free agent on June 20th). The GM may then decide to offer what they had to to qualify the guy, and I may or may not accept it. Got it?

makes sense...

I just thought since you are the commish that the offer was approved (or accepted)... no prob, I get it now.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Trade to Announce

To Cal:
29th overall

To Was:
Tom Poti

As mentioned earlier the Flames are set with top 4 of Regher-Leopold-Warrener-Phaneuf....Flames are also set to going strong after a unnamed defencemen as mentioned before...That will give them 5 quality Dmen, with Ference, Montador as 6th, 7th dmen. "We feel getting more first round draft picks will greater our chances of finding a gem."

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Calgary Flames were successful in restructuring Roman Turek's contract. The new contract includes many incentives but a much lower salary...

2 year deal worth $1,800,000.00
Deal also includes a
-Lake Side House
-Tickets for his famaily to all the Calgary Flames homes games.
-No trade Clause
-Guranteed Roster spot.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
The Blue jackets today dumped luke richardson and the rights to unsigned brian holzinger, who was going to be lost to free agency to washington for the 33rd overall pick in the draft.

The Blue Jackets will decide on a new captain immediately. Many people within the orginization have a good feeling who it may be, but the jackets have yet to reach a final decision...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Anaheim Mighty Ducks have discovered one more free agent they have to sign.

Ducks signed Keith Carney to a 4 year, $8 million deal. Carney's option was for two years at around $6 million, but we declined, so he traded in $1 million more a year for long-term security.

Carney will be paid $2 million a year, except in year one(upcoming year) he will be paid only $1 million, while in the third year, he will receive $3 million.

Carney also has an option after year two, where he can be released to free agency. That's mainly the reason the $3 million is at year 3.

Jon Burke

Desibasha said:
Trade to Announce

To Cal:
29th overall

To Was:
Tom Poti

As mentioned earlier the Flames are set with top 4 of Regher-Leopold-Warrener-Phaneuf....Flames are also set to going strong after a unnamed defencemen as mentioned before...That will give them 5 quality Dmen, with Ference, Montador as 6th, 7th dmen. "We feel getting more first round draft picks will greater our chances of finding a gem."

Approved.

Calgary Flames were successful in restructuring Roman Turek's contract. The new contract includes many incentives but a much lower salary...

2 year deal worth $1,800,000.00
Deal also includes a
-Lake Side House
-Tickets for his famaily to all the Calgary Flames homes games.
-No trade Clause
-Guranteed Roster spot.

I don't know about this... It's creative negotiating, but that's a significant pay decrease... Not approved... I assume you'll want even more to fire me now ;)

The Blue jackets today dumped luke richardson and the rights to unsigned brian holzinger, who was going to be lost to free agency to washington for the 33rd overall pick in the draft.

The Blue Jackets will decide on a new captain immediately. Many people within the orginization have a good feeling who it may be, but the jackets have yet to reach a final decision...

Nice deal for you, IMO. Approved.

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks have discovered one more free agent they have to sign.

Ducks signed Keith Carney to a 4 year, $8 million deal. Carney's option was for two years at around $6 million, but we declined, so he traded in $1 million more a year for long-term security.

Carney will be paid $2 million a year, except in year one(upcoming year) he will be paid only $1 million, while in the third year, he will receive $3 million.

Carney also has an option after year two, where he can be released to free agency. That's mainly the reason the $3 million is at year 3.

Carney made $2.6 million this year, I'm not 100% sure he'd take a paycut, unless you can find a link for me.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
I don't know about this... It's creative negotiating, but that's a significant pay decrease... Not approved... I assume you'll want even more to fire me now ;)

of course I'd wana fire ya now to.... ;) .....for a backup, that shud be enuf with all the incentives...although since the DAMN COMMISH doesn't approve (i'm tellin ya folks, fire him before ot too late :yo: ) I'll give him a 2 yr deal worth $2.4 million....

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Desibasha said:
of course I'd wana fire ya now to.... ;) .....for a backup, that shud be enuf with all the incentives...although since the DAMN COMMISH doesn't approve (i'm tellin ya folks, fire him before ot too late :yo: ) I'll give him a 2 yr deal worth $2.4 million....

Yikes...Turek goin' from 4.5 a year to 1.2 a year? I doubt his agent lets him do that. :teach:

Jon Burke

monster_bertuzzi said:
Yikes...Turek goin' from 4.5 a year to 1.2 a year? I doubt his agent lets him do that. :teach:

Agreed, his agent would never let him.

How about $2 million per year over 4 years? He ends up making virtually the same amount, just over a longer period of time. I believe that's known as "defering" salary.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
:banghead: :banghead: he was to make all that money if he was STARTING....why wud a backup on his downside be making 8 million over 4 years???? :dunno: :dunno: :banghead:

Jon Burke

Desibasha said:
:banghead: :banghead: he was to make all that money if he was STARTING....why wud a backup on his downside be making 8 million over 4 years???? :dunno: :dunno: :banghead:

Well the team you chose decided to offer him such money, so you're pretty much stuck with it, unless you can either dump him to another team or buy him out (pay two thirds of his salary).

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Breaking news:

the Blue Jackets have acquired Ed Jovanovski in a blockbuster today, along with sniper Rico Fata and speedy Brandon Reid.

Rusty Klesla is on his way out, as is Andrew Cassels and a pick(2nd round) that was just acquired hours ago.

Klesla became expendable with the acquisition of Ryan Whitney earlier this month.
With no scouting staff, the Blue Jackets orginization decided to use their top pick in a trade, rather than risk making a drafting mistake(besides the aim is to win now, not 3 years down the road)

It was sad to see Cassels go, but he is injury prone and didnt produce last year.

Jon Burke

nucks&flames said:
Breaking news:

the Blue Jackets have acquired Ed Jovanovski in a blockbuster today, along with sniper Rico Fata and speedy Brandon Reid.

Rusty Klesla is on his way out, as is Andrew Cassels and a pick(2nd round) that was just acquired hours ago.

Klesla became expendable with the acquisition of Ryan Whitney earlier this month.
With no scouting staff, the Blue Jackets orginization decided to use their top pick in a trade, rather than risk making a drafting mistake(besides the aim is to win now, not 3 years down the road)

It was sad to see Cassels go, but he is injury prone and didnt produce last year.

Nice deal for you, IMO. The rumors were right! :)

btw, it's approved

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon Burke

Desibasha said:
Roman Turek has been bought out....Flames paid him $2.97 million to ged rid of him.... :mad:

I know, it sucks, but I think it's the only realistic way for you to get rid of him and at least you're not paying the whole financial freight.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Danrik said:
Carney made $2.6 million this year, I'm not 100% sure he'd take a paycut, unless you can find a link for me.

Carney did make that much, but, he's in his mid-thirties, and I'd think he'd take a pay cut to have the security of being paid $2 million for 4 years. He has triplets, so I'm sure he doesn't want to move. If I give him a NTC, which would guarantee he doesn't leave unless he wants to, will that make is acceptable.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Washington re-structures Luongo's Contract

Successful negotitations have been completed, and we are here to announce the signing of a new contract extension for Roberto Luongo, our new #1 goaltender.

We have torn up his previous contract, and are please to announce he has signed a 5 year, $20.5 m contract, that will pay him as follows:

1st yr $2.5 million

2nd yr $3.5 million

3rd yr $4.0 million

4th yr $5.0 million

5th yr $5.5 million

there is a club option, for a 6th season at $7.0 m as well.

We are pleased the negotiations have been completed, and we can now move on to restructuring the rest of the franchise

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Buffalo - Detroit Trade seeking approval

The Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings have just completed a minor trade, which requires league approval. The Sabres, looking for help to make the playoffs this season, have traded away Ales Kotalik, Chris Drury, Dimitri Kalinin and their first round pick in 2004 to Detroit. Buffalo will pick up 50% of Drury's Salary this season.

In exchange, the Sabres are pleased to announce that they have acquired two key components to making the playoffs this season:

Center Pavel Datsyuk and Winger Henrik Zetterberg.

Datsyuk will center a line with Jochen Hecht and JP Dumont, while Zetterberg will join Daniel Briere and Miroslav Satan on the first line.

Buffalo's GM, Dwaynester, was asked for comment.

'You never like trading away quality players, and Kalinin will be a star in this league in the not too distant future, but we have to look at our fans. We would like a legitimate chance at the playoffs this season, and we feel this trade will aid us in that. Datsyuk is himself a rising star in the league, and Zetterberg, if healthy, will also make a positive contribution to our franchise. As for Drury, we hate to see him go, but there is a reason why he has been traded every year for the past 3 seasons now. His salary is large, and although we are paying 1/2 of it, it allows us the flexibility to obtain two quality forwards.'

Rumours out of Buffalo contend that another deal could be announced as early as today, involving a couple of prospects, and some picks changing hands.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
dwaynester said:
The Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings have just completed a minor trade, which requires league approval. The Sabres, looking for help to make the playoffs this season, have traded away Ales Kotalik, Chris Drury, Dimitri Kalinin and their first round pick in 2004 to Detroit. Buffalo will pick up 50% of Drury's Salary this season.

In exchange, the Sabres are pleased to announce that they have acquired two key components to making the playoffs this season:

Center Pavel Datsyuk and Winger Henrik Zetterberg.

Datsyuk will center a line with Jochen Hecht and JP Dumont, while Zetterberg will join Daniel Briere and Miroslav Satan on the first line.

Buffalo's GM, Dwaynester, was asked for comment.

'You never like trading away quality players, and Kalinin will be a star in this league in the not too distant future, but we have to look at our fans. We would like a legitimate chance at the playoffs this season, and we feel this trade will aid us in that. Datsyuk is himself a rising star in the league, and Zetterberg, if healthy, will also make a positive contribution to our franchise. As for Drury, we hate to see him go, but there is a reason why he has been traded every year for the past 3 seasons now. His salary is large, and although we are paying 1/2 of it, it allows us the flexibility to obtain two quality forwards.'

Rumours out of Buffalo contend that another deal could be announced as early as today, involving a couple of prospects, and some picks changing hands.

I'm sorry Dwayne.... you got the short end here. Drury > Zetterberg, Kotalik is useless, and Kalinin + 1st > Datsyuk. It's party city in Detriot after this.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
it may seem odd but i agree with flamestardevil....i totally won this deal because now i control the middle half of the draft with teh 13th, 15th and 18th picks this year. my team also got a Nikalas Lidstrom Clone in Dmitri Kalinin a great center who i will probably deal away now that hes making 2 million dollars a first and more importantly i get Kotalik who i see as a star in the making even though alot of people may disagree with me.

Sure i give up Dats and Zetterberg but getting Kalinin back is huge for my team as i now have an excellent young defensive core: With Fahey,Fischer,Backman and now Kalinin. thats a pretty good top 4

and i can pretty much assume to get at least one if not 2 of Green,O'neill,Valbaik,Thelen to add to my system and i think i have done a good job of rebuilding the Redwings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad