Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Say what you want, but just take a look

I lost, I lost, I lost.....

If I had a nickel every time I heard that, I would be rich.

Lets take a real look at what the Sabres now look like:

Biron and Toskala are my goalies....Toskala has NHL experience, and may take over as #1 before the end of the season. Noronen was useless, and Miller is on his way elsewhere before the end of the day.

Defense:

Yes, Kalinin is gone, but I still have $14 mil in cap space to buy one or two veterans when free agency starts. In addition, I will make a pitch for a top tier defenseman this afternoon.

Forwards:

Kind of hard to argue with a top six like this:

Briere, Satan, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Dumont and Hecht.

Remember, Jochen Hecht was amongst the league leaders in scoring over the second half of the season last year. How can you argue with this. Say what you will about this....the bottom line is that I am looking to make the playoffs this year, and if I have to sacrifice Kalinin to get there, then so be it. Drury has shown me nothing over the past 2 years, and will never get back to his Colorado scoring days. Datsyuk is young, talented, and just starting to realize his potential. As my second line center, I wouldnt be surprised if he puts up 90 points this year.

I am trying to have fun with this draft, but everyone else seems to have something to say about everything I do. Guess what, say what you want. I am here to have fun, and try to re-structure this team into a playoff contender. With Zhitnik back, and using Briere on the point for the powerplay, Kalinin was able to be dealt.

Jon Burke

Hercules Rockefeller said:
Carney did make that much, but, he's in his mid-thirties, and I'd think he'd take a pay cut to have the security of being paid $2 million for 4 years. He has triplets, so I'm sure he doesn't want to move. If I give him a NTC, which would guarantee he doesn't leave unless he wants to, will that make is acceptable.

You convinced me, contract offer approved. :)

dwaynester said:
Successful negotitations have been completed, and we are here to announce the signing of a new contract extension for Roberto Luongo, our new #1 goaltender.

We have torn up his previous contract, and are please to announce he has signed a 5 year, $20.5 m contract, that will pay him as follows:

1st yr $2.5 million

2nd yr $3.5 million

3rd yr $4.0 million

4th yr $5.0 million

5th yr $5.5 million

there is a club option, for a 6th season at $7.0 m as well.

We are pleased the negotiations have been completed, and we can now move on to restructuring the rest of the franchise

Looks good.

dwaynester said:
Buffalo - Detroit Trade seeking approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Buffalo Sabres and Detroit Red Wings have just completed a minor trade, which requires league approval. The Sabres, looking for help to make the playoffs this season, have traded away Ales Kotalik, Chris Drury, Dimitri Kalinin and their first round pick in 2004 to Detroit. Buffalo will pick up 50% of Drury's Salary this season.

In exchange, the Sabres are pleased to announce that they have acquired two key components to making the playoffs this season:

Center Pavel Datsyuk and Winger Henrik Zetterberg.

Datsyuk will center a line with Jochen Hecht and JP Dumont, while Zetterberg will join Daniel Briere and Miroslav Satan on the first line.

Buffalo's GM, Dwaynester, was asked for comment.

'You never like trading away quality players, and Kalinin will be a star in this league in the not too distant future, but we have to look at our fans. We would like a legitimate chance at the playoffs this season, and we feel this trade will aid us in that. Datsyuk is himself a rising star in the league, and Zetterberg, if healthy, will also make a positive contribution to our franchise. As for Drury, we hate to see him go, but there is a reason why he has been traded every year for the past 3 seasons now. His salary is large, and although we are paying 1/2 of it, it allows us the flexibility to obtain two quality forwards.'

Rumours out of Buffalo contend that another deal could be announced as early as today, involving a couple of prospects, and some picks changing hands.

:lol: Minor trade? I like the sarcasm. I don't think that this deal is as bad as everyone else thinks. You got a pair of young stars who make peanuts and in today's NHL, those are valuable commodities. Besides, you still have other things planned, so that obviously affects how one can judge a deal.

Approved in any case.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope I'm doing this right, if not, PM me, Danrik :)

The Flyers wish to offer contracts to:

Keith Primeau- 4 years $17M total
Alexei Zhamnov- 2 years $ 9.5M total + 1 year team option @ $3M
Vladimir Malakhov- 1 year @ $ 2.5M + 1 year player option at $2.75M

Kings:

Ziggy Palffy- 5 years $30M total + 1 year player option @ $4.5M
Luc Robitalle- 2 years $6M total
Scott Barney- 3 years $2.75M total

(P.S.- do I have Derek Armstrong and Nathan Dempsey or not...?)

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
go kim johnsson said:
I hope I'm doing this right, if not, PM me, Danrik :)

The Flyers wish to offer contracts to:

Keith Primeau- 4 years $17M total
Alexei Zhamnov- 2 years $ 9.5M total + 1 year team option @ $3M
Vladimir Malakhov- 1 year @ $ 2.5M + 1 year player option at $2.75M

Kings:

Ziggy Palffy- 5 years $30M total + 1 year player option @ $4.5M
Luc Robitalle- 2 years $6M total
Scott Barney- 3 years $2.75M total

(P.S.- do I have Derek Armstrong and Nathan Dempsey or not...?)

Palffy made $7M last year... c'mon guys, just cuz Primeau took a pay cut doesn't mean every UFA will also.

A player that brings what Palffy brings to the table will fetch alot of money as a free agent come June 20th - teams like WAS that have a ton of money under the cap can (and will) offer someone like Palffy somewhere in the $9-10M contract.. and you offer him $6M

and, how does Robitalle more then double his salary and Palffy gets a pay cut???

BTW - Zhamnov is in the same group as Palffy IMO - a $75K raise is not gonna do it in my books... Malakhov taking a $1M pay cut?!?!? I don't think so.

watch out for teams like WAS (I think FLO too and I know there's a few more) just waiting in the wings to snatch up these UFA's for BIG money

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Minor deal but a huge day for the Calgary Flames...

CALGARY FLAMES HAVE RE-ACQUIRED FRANCHISES ALL-TIME LEADING SCORER IN #14 THEOREN FLEURY

Flames will send Chris Clark to the Hawks to complete the deal....

"Theo was the Calgary Flames for years but financial issues caused a breakup last time, Theo can still play at a high level despite "other" concerns. We're very happy to him back"

"Theo will be introduced and named the Team Captain at a press conference tommorow."

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Desibasha said:
"Theo will be introduced and named the Team Captain at a press conference tommorow."

nice deal - I'm a big fan of Fluery's (always have been and always will be)
BTW - don't you think making him captain is a little too much to put on the guy so soon?

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
nice deal - I'm a big fan of Fluery's (always have been and always will be)
BTW - don't you think making him captain is a little too much to put on the guy so soon?

nope, Theo is my all-time favorite and with Igy gone, Theo will be the LEADER...no problems

The Flames were looking for a backup, but no longer, the Flames will let Krahn, Medvedev, Sabourin battle for number 2 spot.

What is the cap?

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
The Hawks would like to wish Theo the best of luck in the future. Unfortunately, the circumstances here in Chicago were not as favorable to Theo as they are in Calgary. We are very happy to put another piece in the puzzle with the aquisition of Chris Clark, a gritty winger who can put up some numbers and has valuable play-off experience. :handclap:

:amazed: Captain???!!! sorry, that just slipped out.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
rupispupis said:
The Hawks would like to wish Theo the best of luck in the future. Unfortunately, the circumstances here in Chicago were not as favorable to Theo as they are in Calgary. We are very happy to put another piece in the puzzle with the aquisition of Chris Clark, a gritty winger who can put up some numbers and has valuable play-off experience. :handclap:

:amazed: Captain???!!! sorry, that just slipped out.

Don't be amazed...Theo a Flame Forever

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Desibasha said:
nope, Theo is my all-time favorite and with Igy gone, Theo will be the LEADER...no problems

I guess you've never played the game before (at a competitive level) WAY too much to put on Theo's shoulders after all his been through the last few years... have some compassion for the guy.

plus just cuz someone's your fav is not a good reason to make them captain - well, I guess you can do what ever you feel like doing - it's your team and it's just a game, right?

Desibasha said:
What is the cap?

$55M

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
I guess you've never played the game before (at a competitive level) WAY too much to put on Theo's shoulders after all his been through the last few years... have some compassion for the guy.

plus just cuz someone's your fav is not a good reason to make them captain - well, I guess you can do what ever you feel like doing - it's your team and it's just a game, right?

$55M

ur right I've never played hockey at competitive level, but I 've football and soccer at a competitive level, and I've been a captain and had teammates who were captains despite some of their off-field Highschool/college troubles....Theo has put all that behind him, he has had an year to recover from it and has moved to Calgary with his family and a to a city that still loves him. Theo is right at home and only postives can come out of that for him.....

So I have close to $25 million in cap space.... :amazed:

spider-man

May 11, 2002
Visit site
The Edmonton Oilers would like to qualify the following three players: Marc-Andre Bergeron, Jani Rita and Brad Isbister.

The Montreal Canadiens would like to qualify goaltender Eric Fichaud, as well as offer Mike Ribeiro $6M for 3 years, which works out to $2M a year. I know the original asking price was $2,5M, but I don't feel that Ribeiro is worth "LeCavalier money"

Boy.... short post.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The Detriot Red Wings have made a deal with the once hated Colorado Avalanche.

The Detriot Red Wings have sent Backup Goalie Manny Legace to the Avalanche along with Detriots 4th round pick in 2005 for Goalie Andy Chioda and New Jerseys First round pick # 22 overall.

The Red Wings now have 4 first round picks in this years draft compared to a month ago when their highest pick was a 3rd rounder.
The wings now have the 13th,16th,18th and 22nd overall picks in this years draft.
The Red Wings will be looking to deal some of their first rounders to move up in the draft.

The Red Wings would also like to announce that they have signed Brent Sutter to a 3yr 2.1 million dollar contract with Bonuses should he lead the wings to a division title, First,second third round victory and a cool 2 million for a stanley cup in the first year.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
The Red Wings would also like to announce that they have signed Brent Sutter to a 3yr 2.1 million dollar contract with Bonuses should he lead the wings to a division title, First,second third round victory and a cool 2 million for a stanley cup in the first year.

preety sure some one took Brent already

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Calgary Flames are pleased to announce the hiring of Brian Sutter as an assistant GM to brother Drayl Sutter.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Desibasha said:
Theo has put all that behind him, he has had an year to recover from it and has moved to Calgary with his family and a to a city that still loves him. Theo is right at home and only postives can come out of that for him.....

sounds like you know Theo personally... do you?

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
xtra said:

thats not gonna work - I've signed Brent Sutter to coach the Pittsburgh Penguins a long time ago.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
sounds like you know Theo personally... do you?

I dont know Theo personally but reading the papers and from his comments thats what i've figured...He was moving to Calgary during the third round of playoffs.

I've got Brian Sutter as my ass. Gm now :yo:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
DesibashaI've got Brian Sutter as my ass. Gm now :yo:[/QUOTE said:
that would never happen... :lol
why would a great coach like Brian Sutter accepct an ass GM job?
and please don't say cuz he'll work with his brother and/or it'll be close to home.

that would never happen... thats why you gotta love mock games :lol

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Atlanta Thrashers offer following players contract:

Serge Aubin - 900,000/1yr
Kevyn Adams - 3 million/2yrs
Byron Dafoe - 2.8 million/1yr

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers have signed:

Byron Ritchie to a 2 year $1.15 Million deal (575K, 575K)
Darcy Hordichuk to a 2 year $1.2 Million deal (600K, 600K)
Simon Lejeunesse to a 2 year deal $1.2 Million deal (600K, 600K)

All moves pending league approval.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
thats not gonna work - I've signed Brent Sutter to coach the Pittsburgh Penguins a long time ago.

Wouldn't he be kinda overwhelmed, since he is already Owner, GM, and head coach of Red Deer Rebels of the WHL??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->